Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 11-28-2018, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Vedder Kydex
I've got probably 40 holsters and always end up going back to my Vedder for the Shield, P380, or Glocks including the G30.

The dual-clip hybrid holsters are just "too much holster" for the compact and sub-compact guns.
Which model do you run? The "LightTuck"?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike350GT View Post
After trying out a truck full of holsters for my Shield over the last few months I just went with the LightTuck and couldn't be happier with it. I'll try get some photos posted when I get chance.
Old 11-28-2018, 7:08 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Yep.
I use that model for *all* of my carry guns... P380, Shield, and G30S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-29-2018, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uke1 View Post
After trying out a truck full of holsters for my Shield over the last few months I just went with the LightTuck and couldn't be happier with it. I'll try get some photos posted when I get chance.
Quote:
Yep.
I use that model for *all* of my carry guns... P380, Shield, and G30S.
Do you guys get it with the claw or no claw?
Old 11-29-2018, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Do you guys get it with the claw or no claw?
I tried the claw but wearing behind the hip with forward cant it didn't do much except add bulk underneath the belt line. I think the claw is more of an appendix carry thing.
Old 11-29-2018, 6:17 PM
Señor Member

Claw wasn't even available when I bought mine.
I carry at about 2:00-2:30, no claw.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-29-2018, 6:50 PM

Milt Sparks Criterion

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p
Old 01-03-2019, 9:21 PM

I like my "Sticky" for my Shield. Bought it from Grantar2. Yes re-holstering the gun takes two hands but why care? It's like worrying about re-packing your parachute as you get ready to jump.
Old 01-03-2019, 9:57 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
I like my "Sticky" for my Shield. Bought it from Grantar2. Yes re-holstering the gun takes two hands but why care? It's like worrying about re-packing your parachute as you get ready to jump.
Unless you are in a situation where you occasionally... or routinely... need to disarm and lock it up, whether for work, dropping the kids off at school, or whatever.
It's tough to discreetly reholster seated in your vehicle with a non-rigid holster.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Unless you are in a situation where you occasionally... or routinely... need to disarm and lock it up, whether for work, dropping the kids off at school, or whatever.
It's tough to discreetly reholster seated in your vehicle with a non-rigid holster.
Easy to solve. When I need to put the firearm away; I just reach inside my waistband and pull the holster out with the gun still in it. No need to to take the gun out. Later; reverse the procedure. Give the sticky a try.

For over 6 months I was very skeptical and put it in a drawer with all of the other over-kill holsters, without ever trying it. It is different but it works for me and it is very comfortable.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Easy to solve. When I need to put the firearm away; I just reach inside my waistband and pull the holster out with the gun still in it. No need to to take the gun out. Later; reverse the procedure. Give the sticky a try.

For over 6 months I was very skeptical and put it in a drawer with all of the other over-kill holsters, without ever trying it. It is different but it works for me and it is very comfortable.

I tried the Sticky. I’m not a fan. The issue I have is when I train with it. I would use my Laserlyte and practice my draw. It got troublesome when I have to take the holster out every time and reholster. I would do X amount of draws. When I use the Sticky it would be half of X because it’s so time consuming.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM

Good point about practicing with the sticky.
Old 01-04-2019, 5:57 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
I have.
I think I have more holsters than CPAP masks... and my provider ships me a new mask every 3 months

The soft holster just doesn't work for me, from the above referenced reholstering to using a public restroom.
I can't discreetly reholster with a Sticky outside of my vehicle in a busy parking structure.
I can't physically stuff a Sticky back into my waistband seated in my Corolla. The Vedder is no problem to lift the shirt and slip it in.

I've tried Sticky and Remora for both my Shield and P380.

Hybrid holsters are overkill for compacts and subcompacts.
I've tried at least 5 single-clip designs, all have issues.
Vedder may or may not be perfect, but it's always the one that I go back to after trying something else for a week.
I will say that the Vedder pocket holster did not work for me unless I was wearing jeans. I tried it in cargo shorts and the outline of the grip was so obvious that someone could have "made" me from across the room.

Quote:

Last edited by Cokebottle; 01-04-2019 at 6:00 PM..
Old 01-04-2019, 7:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I sometimes use a Kydex Sticky with my G30 when going out quick wearing sweat pants. Works pretty good and comfortable.
Can't beat the Vedder or Black Arch Protos M single clip holsters. I replace the Black Arch plastic single clip with the Vedder Holster metal one, works alot better.