Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 3:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo The Apache View Post
All hope is lost in California. No one in the free states are bitting their nails, anxiously waiting on the courts to give the poors crumbs or any at all. I’m outta this ****-hole of a state. Y’all can keep waiting for the courts to turn the other cheek, sending donations, paying 3x retail for “off rosters”, 10 day waits, ammo backgrounds, skyrocketing ammo prices and fighting uphill battles toward annihilation til there’s nothing left. As for me: I’ll save all of that for ammo, gear and training in a free state. Ghost, deuces, two fingas - I’m out
Ha!

Compare these two maps to see all the CCW progress we’ve made WITHOUT a CCW/Bear court case win. We went from ~60k CCWs to >120k (2018) (and AFTER that we won San Diego Co, Sonoma Co and LA Co).

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.
Old 10-15-2021, 3:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
There is no place/state to run to. The SCOTUS will be packed, and then guns will be ruled by Executive Orders. The Constitution is dead.

It’s not like 42 states are now Shall Issue and 21 of them are also Constitutional Carry….

Old 11-10-2021, 1:17 AM

Default Renna vs Becerra - 3 removed for each 1 added under fire

Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Gun Lobby Challenge to California Handgun Roster Advances
It's the first legal challenge to a new California rule that requires the removal of three grandfathered handguns for every new gun added to the roster of guns that can be sold in the state.

BIANCA BRUNO / April 26, 2021

https://www.courthousenews.com/gun-l...ster-advances/

SAN DIEGO (CN) --- A federal judge found California’s new handgun law provision requiring the removal of three grandfathered handguns for every new handgun added to its list of guns that can be sold in the state “substantially infringes” Californians’ ability to purchase handguns for self-defense.

U.S. District Chief Judge Dana Sabraw found the “three-to-one” provision of California’s Unsafe Handgun Act, which went into effect Jan. 1, “imposes a greater restriction on the pool of handguns available for sale in California” and may violate the Second Amendment.

“The court is not persuaded there is a ‘reasonable fit’ between the state’s asserted objective and the three-for-one provision,” Sabraw, a George W. Bush appointee, wrote.

“Defendants offer no justification for why the statute requires the removal of three handguns for each new handgun added, i
Old 11-10-2021, 4:05 AM

There's NEVER been a "reasonable fit" for most KA gun laws.... too bad it's taking outrageous legislative overreach to get judges to finally SEE it.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:22 AM

Good! I'm hoping a strong decision in NYSRPA can get rid of this scrutiny garbage. It's so intellectually corrupt to argue that the pistols that are safe enough for cops to carry are unsafe for us plebs. Especially so when they are just update more reliable models of ones currently available (Gen 3 vs Gen 5 Glock and m&p shield plus)
Old 11-10-2021, 6:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvberinger View Post
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Gun Lobby Challenge to California Handgun Roster Advances
It's the first legal challenge to a new California rule that requires the removal of three grandfathered handguns for every new gun added to the roster of guns that can be sold in the state.

BIANCA BRUNO / April 26, 2021

https://www.courthousenews.com/gun-l...ster-advances/

SAN DIEGO (CN) --- A federal judge found California’s new handgun law provision requiring the removal of three grandfathered handguns for every new handgun added to its list of guns that can be sold in the state “substantially infringes” Californians’ ability to purchase handguns for self-defense.

U.S. District Chief Judge Dana Sabraw found the “three-to-one” provision of California’s Unsafe Handgun Act, ….
Folks, this is all BS. The linked source took an old article from last April and slapped a new introductory paragraph on it and republished it for click bait. Bill Wiese posted about this court action on 2021 April 27 in post #41. Sorry but there’s no new news or movement in this case.

Closed Thread