Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-12-2019, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww View Post
I was in the same class and have the same expire date. Mine hasn’t arrived either. It was the same last renewal too. I’m sure the holidays slow things down.
My card came today.
Old 01-12-2019, 2:03 PM

1-15 - 19 Expiration.

10-17 Renewal application.

12-5 Range appointment to add a gun.

12-11 Renewal class

1-12 Card arrived in the mail.
That seemed pretty prompt to me.

Update!!! CRAP!!! I took a quick look to see if it was my CCW and threw it in a drawer. Went to put it in my wallet and looked at the back. My 1911 didn't make it onto my new CCW. Email inbound, will wait to see what happens.

Last edited by SMarquez; 01-12-2019 at 3:27 PM..
Old 01-13-2019, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
Update!!! CRAP!!! I took a quick look to see if it was my CCW and threw it in a drawer. Went to put it in my wallet and looked at the back. My 1911 didn't make it onto my new CCW. Email inbound, will wait to see what happens.
More than likely they will let you swing by and give them that one for a corrected one.
Old 01-13-2019, 8:25 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
More than likely they will let you swing by and give them that one for a corrected one.
Yep.
My original permit had an error on the caliber (Glock 36 was listed as .36).
I confirmed my DROS was correct, and they confirmed that AFS was correct and the permit was a typo. They printed a replacement while I waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-13-2019, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Yep.
My original permit had an error on the caliber (Glock 36 was listed as .36).
I confirmed my DROS was correct, and they confirmed that AFS was correct and the permit was a typo. They printed a replacement while I waited.
For several years the model of one of my guns was wrong and never even noticed. That was back when you renewed YEARLY!!!!!
A family friend who happened to own a Gun shop and sold us that gun pointed it out. Don't even recall why he was looking at my CCW.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:14 AM

Wow!! I got a reply from Sarah at 7:23 saying she would check into it and then a 7:48 saying it was corrected and I could pick it up anytime.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:15 AM

Wow!! I got a reply from Sarah at 7:23 saying she would check into it and then another at 7:48 saying it was corrected and I could pick it up anytime.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
Wow!! I got a reply from Sarah at 7:23 saying she would check into it and then another at 7:48 saying it was corrected and I could pick it up anytime.
Nice

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 01-14-2019, 2:06 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Sarah is all over it, she works her tail off. What an incredible asset to the department she is.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 01-14-2019, 2:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Sarah is all over it, she works her tail off. What an incredible asset to the department she is.
Couldn't agree more with you. Everytime I've had the pleasure of talking with her she's been right on it.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:59 AM

If you did the RealId when you did your DL renewal with only one proof of address, you can take a second proof in at anytime and add it to your info according to the DMV clerk yesterday that my hubby renewed with.
He had two proof of addresses and supposedly he is good to go.
Old 01-17-2019, 5:19 PM

Default Residency Requirements

I'm moving to SB county in August from Los Angeles county once I finish school because my job is out there. I'm going to be 23 and I have my pistol(s) I want to be able to carry.

I know that you have to be a full time resident, do I need to wait 6 months or can I apply once I officially live there and have a car registration, apartment lease, utility bills, and change my address on my DL?

I hope that I can apply once I have the paperwork, but please let me know if I will have to wait 6 months or a year.

Also, for my good cause statement I will be working off shifts (2pm-11pm or 11pm-7am) and I am worried about crimes being committed at that time of night, as well as the newly released criminals under state and federal law. I also want to carry for personal protection, as I was on campus in the same building as a school shooting previously and it changed my view on arming yourself.

Can you let me know how long to wait and if my good cause seems sufficient?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2019, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cox94954 View Post
I'm moving to SB county in August from Los Angeles county once I finish school because my job is out there. I'm going to be 23 and I have my pistol(s) I want to be able to carry.

I know that you have to be a full time resident, do I need to wait 6 months or can I apply once I officially live there and have a car registration, apartment lease, utility bills, and change my address on my DL?

I hope that I can apply once I have the paperwork, but please let me know if I will have to wait 6 months or a year.

Also, for my good cause statement I will be working off shifts (2pm-11pm or 11pm-7am) and I am worried about crimes being committed at that time of night, as well as the newly released criminals under state and federal law. I also want to carry for personal protection, as I was on campus in the same building as a school shooting previously and it changed my view on arming yourself.

Can you let me know how long to wait and if my good cause seems sufficient?

Thanks!
I would apply as soon as you get a lease agreement in your name and utility bills.

Even if you have to live in San Bernardino for 6 months by the time you go for your interview you'll have been here for 6 months.

Your GC statement sounds good.

Old 01-17-2019, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
I would apply as soon as you get a lease agreement in your name and utility bills.

Even if you have to live in San Bernardino for 6 months by the time you go for your interview you'll have been here for 6 months.

Your GC statement sounds good.

Will they care about my length of residency when I submit my application? And do I have to wait until I update my address on my DL to reflect SB as my address or will other forms of address suffice such as the utility, car reg, lease, etc.?
Old 01-17-2019, 6:34 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Will they care about my length of residency when I submit my application? And do I have to wait until I update my address on my DL to reflect SB as my address or will other forms of address suffice such as the utility, car reg, lease, etc.?
You will need to have current proof of residency within the county.
However, keep in mind that these documents will be required *at the time of your interview* which will likely be 3-6 months from the time you apply.

Get that application in 5 minutes after you process your address change information with your identification documents and sign the lease.
Try to get at least one power/water utility bill in your name.

You will need all of these things (obviously except for 5 and 6 if they don't apply) I would call Sarah and confirm that the DL is good to go with other proof of residency since it's difficult to get a new/updated DL from the DMV on an address change without claiming lost/stolen.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...-fees_0718.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCW-Docs.jpg (104.1 KB, 92 views)

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

Last edited by Cokebottle; 01-17-2019 at 6:41 PM..
Old 01-17-2019, 6:42 PM

Quote:
The 6 months requirement is no longer required.
Old 01-17-2019, 6:50 PM

Quote:
You will need to have current proof of residency within the county.
However, keep in mind that these documents will be required *at the time of your interview* which will likely be 3-6 months from the time you apply.

Get that application in 5 minutes after you process your address change information with your identification documents and sign the lease.
Try to get at least one power/water utility bill in your name.

You will need all of these things (obviously except for 5 and 6 if they don't apply) I would call Sarah and confirm that the DL is good to go with other proof of residency since it's difficult to get a new/updated DL from the DMV on an address change without claiming lost/stolen.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...-fees_0718.pdf

What is the notarized form? And residence and employment history is on the website as well or?

And what is the number for Sarah to ask regarding my license not having an updating address on it if I can provide other proof of residency?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2019, 6:57 PM

Quote:
What is the notarized form? And residence and employment history is on the website as well or?
Print...take to notary to get signed/stamped

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...d_form2e04.pdf

Employment

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...istory7276.pdf

Residence

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...istory3916.pdf

Everything you need to know should be here

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/ccw-faq/
Old 01-17-2019, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder View Post

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated, and I hope I can get my CCW once I move to SB!
Old 01-17-2019, 7:03 PM
Señor Member

Quote:

And what is the number for Sarah to ask regarding my license not having an updating address on it if I can provide other proof of residency?

Thanks!
All forms and information is on the web site:
The number for Employee Resources (they handle CCW) is 909-387-3750

Also, as a part of the background check, be aware that they will:
Visit your home and have a brief chat with your neighbors... how long have they known you, do you really live there, any disturbances, etc.... Depending on which deputy visits, they may be more or less discreet. It has been reported that some have flat out said "Bob is applying for a CCW", while others have indicated "We are conducting a non-criminal investigation"

They also do an employment check. They will not process until it is returned by your HR department. One of the questions is "Is a CCW required for employment?" If you are on good terms with your boss, make sure that he does not try to do you a "favor" by checking "yes"... they will not issue a permit for employment purposes.
The form itself is simple... 5 questions regarding your character and reliability.

Quote:

Last edited by Cokebottle; 01-17-2019 at 7:08 PM..
Old 01-18-2019, 8:59 AM

Hi All,

I been lurking a while on this thread getting as much info as I can. My interview was 1/11, applied back in Nov 2018.

Cokebottle - for the neighborhood check are they coming to my house as well or just talking to my neighbors? My wife and I are not home during the days as we work. I guess I can chat using my Ring if so...

Quote:
All forms and information is on the web site:
The number for Employee Resources (they handle CCW) is 909-387-3750

Also, as a part of the background check, be aware that they will:
Visit your home and have a brief chat with your neighbors... how long have they known you, do you really live there, any disturbances, etc.... Depending on which deputy visits, they may be more or less discreet. It has been reported that some have flat out said "Bob is applying for a CCW", while others have indicated "We are conducting a non-criminal investigation"

They also do an employment check. They will not process until it is returned by your HR department. One of the questions is "Is a CCW required for employment?" If you are on good terms with your boss, make sure that he does not try to do you a "favor" by checking "yes"... they will not issue a permit for employment purposes.
The form itself is simple... 5 questions regarding your character and reliability.
Old 01-18-2019, 9:02 AM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Default San Bernardino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaun View Post
Hi All,

I been lurking a while on this thread getting as much info as I can. My interview was 1/11, applied back in Nov 2018.

Cokebottle - for the neighborhood check are they coming to my house as well or just talking to my neighbors? My wife and I are not home during the days as we work. I guess I can chat using my Ring if so...

Cokebottle probably has more current info, but for mine the detective went to three neighbors but not to my own house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark 16:16
Old 01-18-2019, 9:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Hi All,

Yeah for mine they talked to neighbors but AFAIK did not go to my door, For wife's they did go to our door and actually found her at home (rare during the day).

The Deputy told her he was confused because he thought he had already talked to our neighbors. She said that would have been for my permit not hers.

He basically thanked her and left, I don't think he talked to them again.

BTW Congratulations to everyone who is applying and everyone who has been issued. You all make me proud.

We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 01-18-2019, 9:20 AM

Alright sounds good, I'll have my phone handy in case he does come by to chat on Ring. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2019, 5:33 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
Cokebottle probably has more current info, but for mine the detective went to three neighbors but not to my own house.
Mine was funny.
Now, keep in mind that I've lived here since 1994, so there's a solid record with the assessor's office that I live here and only here....

He came to the door and chatted with my wife very quickly... Our HOA was having the lot repaved, so he got stuck parking in a fire lane and he was worried that they would tow him (a marked unit? ), so he left a couple of business cards with my wife and asked her to have a couple of neighbors contact him.

I gave one to one of the other HOA members, and gave the other to the lady across the walkway who I had given video footage of a porch pirate stealing her stuff.
Honestly, I think he was just extremely busy and didn't feel the need to actually talk to anyone given my history here, and just needed the neighbor's to complete his forms.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2019, 6:00 AM

They never came to our door for either me or hubby. We aren't home during the day, but we have cameras. I have no idea if they talked to our neighbors or not.
Old 01-19-2019, 8:22 AM

They talked to my neighbor and he was told that it was for a CCW and when they were all done the detective told my neighbor your neighbor owes you a beer. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2019, 3:05 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
- for the neighborhood check are they coming to my house as well or just talking to my neighbors? My wife and I are not home during the days as we work. I guess I can chat using my Ring if so...
For mine...

A plainclothes (polo and jeans, badge & sidearm on belt) deputy knocked on my door, which I answered. The deputy then asked me where my apartment manager was located and then left.

A few weeks later, was talking with my apartment manager about renovations they were doing to the parking lot and she mentioned a deputy contacted her saying he was conducting a non-criminal background check & asked how long I had lived at the apartment complex & what type of tenant I was. She then asked me, what type of job did I apply for at the county.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).