Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Non-Firearms Related Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Non-Firearms Related Sales For the non-commercial sales of non-firearms related items. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-06-2019, 4:16 AM

Default 97 Dodge 2500 V10

This is a 97 Dodge Ram 2500 with a V10 and a lift. $3000 near Idyllwild

Good:
Strong as **** motor - I bought the truck to haul heavy loads up the mountain and it has performed beautifully without fail for granite, stone, tile, and boulders. I rent my heavy equipment from United and never have a problem getting it up the mountain. Best low-end torque out of any gasoline motor. I do my own work so gas vs diesel saves thousands a year in maintenance cost.

Has all the heavy towing cooling stuff with a long bed which means the pivot points are actually easier handling for even up to 20' trailers.

New master cylinder, front rotors and pad, oil pump, water pump, thermostat housing, power steering lines, transmission fluid and new gasket, new battery from Costco, and brand new badass wheels and tires. Oil and filter change about 200 miles ago.

It's got a lift kit, but i don't know the manufacturer.

Will come with Chilton's manual and Electronic shop manual.

Bad:
The back bumper was bent when the previous owner backed into a small pole he said in a parking lot. I removed it but if you're good at bending I still have it.

The dash like all Dodges is cracked but this one is pretty bad. Covered by the protector though.

Oil pressure sending unit keeps giving me problems. It works for a while but then stops. I've gone through two so far. My mechanical gauge testing shows that oil pressure is good. If you have questions on this give me a call. I can put my mechanical gauge in for you and show you. Also, no OBD codes. We can drive around and test it multiple times if you want.

There's no hose connecting the washer fluid line to the windshield wipers. Never really cared because were in the desert and never had a problem.

Tear in the driver's seat.

The registration is currently non-op. I have a moving permit, but I use it around my ranch and so I don't need a whole California registration. You'll need it weighed for the actual registration. Previous owner told me he had it registered in California for years but transferred it to Arizona to save money. I've never had an issue.

Summary:
All in all it's a worker. If you're in construction or just a DIYer this is the truck for you. It's the strongest pulling gas engine you can buy. I'm a huge Ford guy, but even their modern V8s don't touch the low end torque. Personally I want to keep it, but I got a new Silverado and a Jeep and the wife hates having this many cars. Hate to see it go but she is right that I don't use it as much as I should.

No low ballers or tire kickers please.

I'm also interested in trades. I'm big into hunting, fishing, off roading, building. Also we're in the process of renovating our house so granite and materials would be considered as well.

Last edited by Bigdawg90; 01-11-2019 at 4:38 PM..
Old 01-06-2019, 4:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Free? Price? Location?
Old 01-11-2019, 4:38 PM

Sorry, I thought that stuff was listed. Price 3000, and located near Idyllwild
Old 01-13-2019, 7:12 PM

Bump