Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 04-18-2020, 9:08 PM

And I recommend 2A Zone, very good and easy to deal with. I'll be seeing them again soon.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by waygeekierthanu View Post
2a zone will do it

I am an FFL in Rancho Cucamonga! https://www.2azone.com
Can't recommend 2AZ enough.

Though I wish they weren't so far out... :-D

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old 05-18-2020, 12:20 PM

Are any local FFL's open to do PPT? The two shops closest to me in SF are not doing PPT at the moment due to SIP.
Old 06-04-2020, 9:06 PM

Looking for a southbay/Long Beach FFL that can accept a handgun from an online purchase I made. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2020, 9:25 PM

go to Buds guns online and search for a FFL in your zip code. I use Buds because to be on their list FFLs have pre-agreed to accept online transfers. Put down their info for shipping and then its polite to give them a heads up about the incoming and how to contact you when it comes.
Old 06-05-2020, 6:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesV View Post
go to Buds guns online and search for a FFL in your zip code. I use Buds because to be on their list FFLs have pre-agreed to accept online transfers. Put down their info for shipping and then its polite to give them a heads up about the incoming and how to contact you when it comes.
General you should check with ffl beforehand. Buds doesn't check ahead of time if they are open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 06-29-2020, 5:25 PM

Aren’t there anymore private FFL’s anywhere?? Does anyone know of some? I did a PPT at some guys house one time and it was so easy. I’d pay crazy prices to not have to deal with standing in line for hours right now. If anyone knows of private FFL’s in the LA area, please let me know! Thank you!!
Old 06-29-2020, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormosher View Post
Aren’t there anymore private FFL’s anywhere?? Does anyone know of some? I did a PPT at some guys house one time and it was so easy. I’d pay crazy prices to not have to deal with standing in line for hours right now. If anyone knows of private FFL’s in the LA area, please let me know! Thank you!!
In LA itself, I dont know. In the region, for house-workers (i dont mean it to sound bad), and all are good, friendly, helpful, efficient.

SECOND AMENDMENT ZONE
5819 BERYL ST
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA 91737
Phone number: 626-593-4819
You will need to contact them first and make sure they are willing to accept transfers.
Ammo Shipments:Yes
Reported Ammo Fees:Unknown

EVAJOM ENTERPRISES LLC
125 SINAI CIR
CORONA, CA 92881
Phone Number:951-258-3725
Transfer Fee:35.00 (Last Reported)
Transfer Notes:$35 + $37.19 California DROS
Ammo Shipments:Yes

LIONHEART ENTERPRISES
6889 KAREN LANE
RIVERSIDE, CA 92509
Phone Number:951-681-7560
Ammo Shipments:No
Old 07-10-2020, 2:17 PM

Any FFLs in the South bay (San Jose, Morgan Hill, Saratoga, Ect.) That will perform PPts?
Old 07-12-2020, 9:07 PM

I’ve been trying to PPT a handgun to my friend and it doesn’t seem any of the SF Bay Area gun shops are willing to do it. Bass pro literally told us 6 months and we need to make an appointment and we wouldn’t make one until Aug 1. So if anyone knows of a gun store in the Bay Area that will do a PPT that be awesome!
Old 07-29-2020, 10:22 PM

Default Bay Area’s FFL to avoid

Whatever you do avoid the “FFL” in downtown Livermore at all cost. This is by far the worse service shady, dishonest, manipulative FFL of the entire FFL community. These People taking advantage of Covid situation as well as new people who are new to guns to lie, lure, and pull tricks to pocket additional easy money. Their listed FFL transfer fee might appear reasonable at $75. Don’t order online guns and parts to this place. They will deliberately keep your parts days after it’s arrived. If you follow the tracking numbers to come in to start the FFL transfer process and DROS? They will tell you to go home and wait for their text (you won’t be able to call in ahead to check on status as no one will pick up the phone even if the shop is only visited by flies at the time). If you show your frustration, they will give your their ugliest attitude and tell you to pay $35 to $50 more for either “receiving fee” or “expediting fee”. The most f up thing is it’s up to the guy who does the paperwork to decide whether you are penalized by receiving or expediting fee. Basically whatever you have ordered through them will be kept hostage indefinitely and per “their availability and convenience”. Sadly no clear written communication anywhere on their website or on paper you will be able to find explaining upfront the process I have just described. If you order Rifle’s receiver they will tell you that they will help you install the CA Compliance quick pin drop button, charged you for it at the time of DROS with the promise it will be done at 10 days pickup? Guess what? when you are ready to pick it up, they will tell you it’s not doable (along with their own manipulative reason) yet they will still keep the labor they charged you claiming they must be compensated for the time they spent to figure out the part is incompatible with your devices..? Is this professional? Is this honest, good business practices? Basically they know your parts is in their hands and they will have no problem screwing you over knowing you will not want to send thing back to your online seller and all the trouble you have gone through during this ****up Covid time. We have purchased so many stuffs from this place, or through this place since beginning thinking they will cut us a break being their loyal customer but that does not mean **** to these people. They know as long as they are in demand, they will not have mercy on you. Do yourself a favor, learn from our expensive experience and lessons, avoid going here for any kinds of business. Unfortunately CA gun laws have turned some FFLs to be worst bottom feeders to those of us who love and honor the 2nd amendment.
Old 07-30-2020, 3:24 AM

Masamune, clearly youre unhappy, what stops you from going to another FFL?
Old 08-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifly View Post
I’ve been trying to PPT a handgun to my friend and it doesn’t seem any of the SF Bay Area gun shops are willing to do it. Bass pro literally told us 6 months and we need to make an appointment and we wouldn’t make one until Aug 1. So if anyone knows of a gun store in the Bay Area that will do a PPT that be awesome!

Pretty tough finding them in the Bay Area as of late. Down to Farwest in San Jose, UG Imports by appointment in Fremont, and maybe Black Dog Armory in Fremont as well. Otherwise, you’re looking at a drive further out where some places are a little more open to doing PPTs still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2020, 1:35 PM

Why is PPT a problem, because of the volume of FFL work in general right now or is there some special blocks that PPT presents?
Old 08-02-2020, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesV View Post
Why is PPT a problem, because of the volume of FFL work in general right now or is there some special blocks that PPT presents?
Mainly because PPT profit margins are slim to none as well as shops being overwhelmed by the influx of new buyers and higher demand.
Old 08-02-2020, 1:47 PM

Offer more money?
Old 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM

Default Looking for FFL

Hello,

I purchased a complete Glock 26 frame from Gun Broker.com. The seller says that he ships them to CA all of the time and they are transferred to non law-enforcement. He said that I would be able to find an FFL on Calguns who would transfer it as a handgun, because law does not say anything about it being an "incomplete" handgun. Is this true, and are there any FFL's or ones you know of that can help me. I am in SoCal.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2020, 1:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchordsoul View Post
Hello,

I purchased a complete Glock 26 frame from Gun Broker.com. The seller says that he ships them to CA all of the time and they are transferred to non law-enforcement. He said that I would be able to find an FFL on Calguns who would transfer it as a handgun, because law does not say anything about it being an "incomplete" handgun. Is this true, and are there any FFL's or ones you know of that can help me. I am in SoCal.

Thanks
The Glock 26 is on the roster, so you could have bought a complete one from any gun store that is lucky enough to have it in stock...

Any FFL at all can do the transfer.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old 08-07-2020, 2:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks

Unfortunately its illegal to DROS just a frame as every handgun needs to be in its original configuration as it was during DOJ testing to DROS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-19-2020, 8:36 PM

Default FFL for ammo transfer in the tri valley?

I'm looking for a FFL willing to receive ammo from gunbroker and do the transfer. I'd prefer someone in the tri valley (Dublin/Pleasanton/Livermore) but am willing to go further out if need be. I've reached out to a few local FFLs I found online, but understandably people are hard to get a hold of right now and I don't want to send ammo to someone without giving them a heads up. Just curious if anyone knows of an FFL in this area who still has availability - thanks.
Old 08-19-2020, 8:47 PM

Rob at RMB Enterprises in Milpitas will take your shipment. I’ve done one transaction with him and have another shipment en route now. He’s fast and charges $25 per transaction.
Old 08-19-2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiesel View Post
Rob at RMB Enterprises in Milpitas will take your shipment. I’ve done one transaction with him and have another shipment en route now. He’s fast and charges $25 per transaction.
Thanks! I see a phone number on yelp, is that the best way to get a hold of him?
Old 08-19-2020, 9:17 PM

Yes, although he doesn’t answer the phone very often. He’s a no nonsense kind of guy so don’t take his short responses personally. You don’t need to necessarily check with him first, just have the ammo shipped and he always has someone there to receive. He shares the office building with The Gun Company.
Old 08-20-2020, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, although he doesn’t answer the phone very often. He’s a no nonsense kind of guy so don’t take his short responses personally. You don’t need to necessarily check with him first, just have the ammo shipped and he always has someone there to receive. He shares the office building with The Gun Company.
Thanks again, much appreciated.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
How do you make appointment for pickup or communicate to have FFL info send to sender?
Old 09-14-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation View Post
How do you make appointment for pickup or communicate to have FFL info send to sender?

If you’re talking about FFL transfer for ammo, he doesn’t take appointments. Once your ammo has arrived, drop in and knock on the door and let him know you’re there for ammo pickup. He’ll give you instructions from there. He’s usually servicing multiple people at once so don’t be shy if you see someone already in the office with him. His FFL info is under RMB Enterprises.

I don’t know how he deals with FFL transfer for firearms, but I do know he does them. I assume it’s the same for ammo, first come first serve. That being said he’s pretty fast, most I’ve had to wait was 15 minutes. Try to go mid-day.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
If you’re talking about FFL transfer for ammo, he doesn’t take appointments. Once your ammo has arrived, drop in and knock on the door and let him know you’re there for ammo pickup. He’ll give you instructions from there. He’s usually servicing multiple people at once so don’t be shy if you see someone already in the office with him. His FFL info is under RMB Enterprises.

I don’t know how he deals with FFL transfer for firearms, but I do know he does them. I assume it’s the same for ammo, first come first serve. That being said he’s pretty fast, most I’ve had to wait was 15 minutes. Try to go mid-day.
Even for ammo transfer - often times sender needs his FFL (per my experience) - how do I ask him to send it?
Old 09-14-2020, 10:41 AM

Default Looking for a local FFL? Click here!

Here’s the info I’ve used for my transactions. If you need any more than that, you’ll need to call him to ask.

FFL Dealer :
RMB ENTERPRISES
913 HANSON COURT
MILPITAS,CA 95035
Phone: 4089465287
Old 09-15-2020, 7:49 PM

Can anyone recommend an FFL I can have a firearm shipped to here in San Diego?
Old 09-19-2020, 4:08 AM

I recognize most of these are older posts but we are here to help in these crazy times.
American Preparedness Academy
www.savelives101.com
Corona, Ca
951-435-1871
We are the least expensive around

www.savelives101.com
(951) 435-1871
firearms@apaready.com
Old 09-19-2020, 4:21 AM

APAcademy,

Its never too late and im nearby to you and like to know these things. It would be helpful to list your prices and if you do out of state transfers, PPT, ammo shipments, etc.

Last edited by CharlesV; 09-19-2020 at 4:26 AM..
Old 09-21-2020, 11:13 AM

Looking for a FFL in Humboldt County California! Thank You
Old 09-26-2020, 9:18 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks
Ask him for a referral to the one of many places he sells them to.

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Old 10-01-2020, 1:59 PM

I'm looking for an ffl in the San Gabriel valley Pasadena area to have firearms currently in possession of a pd transferred to a 3rd party
Old 10-04-2020, 4:59 AM

Looking for a FFL in the Orange County area that can import/export to Canada and who is familiar with doing so. I'm looking into sending a rifle for repairs/refinishing in Ontario.

Haven't had much luck looking in the usual online FFL lists as it's not the most common type of request. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2020, 8:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH86 View Post
I'm looking for an ffl in the San Gabriel valley Pasadena area to have firearms currently in possession of a pd transferred to a 3rd party
We aren't in San Gabriel but we do this all the time

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

website
Old 10-13-2020, 1:26 PM

I'm hoping to get the ball rolling on getting an out-of-state off-roster handgun via Intrafamilial transfer so I went to GunBrokers.com and printed off about 9 different listed FFL's there for the CA Bay Area

Anyone have any recent experience with Best Collateral, Coyote Point, SC Guns or Richardson Tactical? Just checking to see if anyone here has personal preferences.
Old 10-24-2020, 6:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

I work for Best Collateral and we are booking the second week of November for transfers. Yes, it’s that busy but we don’t make folks wait in line and everyone has the same priority.

NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist
Old 10-24-2020, 6:39 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kertys View Post
Looking for a FFL in the Orange County area that can import/export to Canada and who is familiar with doing so. I'm looking into sending a rifle for repairs/refinishing in Ontario.

Haven't had much luck looking in the usual online FFL lists as it's not the most common type of request. Thanks.
https://mmbimports.com/

They do imports not sure about exports but maybe they can point you to someone. Surprised you can't find a US based company for the work you are looking to get done.

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Old 10-25-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
https://mmbimports.com/

They do imports not sure about exports but maybe they can point you to someone. Surprised you can't find a US based company for the work you are looking to get done.

Thanks very much for the tip. Happy to use a US based company as well - would definitely be less hassle. It's just that I've already had some trusted recommendations for the Canadian company. Was looking to get a Swiss K31 with significant wear restored.