Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 10-19-2021, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

Default Edgun Leshiy 2 - with some updates...

lol, so my first and only pcp (so far)...the many faces of leshiy 2

pretty much stock...but with a different grip...

needed it quieter, so added a silencer and cf handguard.

but then it became too long so i cut down the cf guard...added a higher mount for both eyes open shooting.

now it can pack down to 16"

i can also shorten the silencer, so it is basically the same length as the original, but still 5db quieter, for woods or action shooting

* the gloves are just for composition...and i hate wearing gloves unless it is cold.

Last edited by theLBC; 10-19-2021 at 3:43 PM..
Old 10-19-2021, 3:59 PM

Nice! Now you just need to find some squirrels to shoot in the face. .22? .25?
Old 10-19-2021, 4:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Nice! Now you just need to find some squirrels to shoot in the face. .22? .25?
it is .22 (350mm or long version).

i live in a condo in the city so that is why i need it quiet (for inside) and not likely to shoot anything but paper unless i go up to watsonville and visit a family farm.
to be honest, i have very little real justification for getting this other than it costs a lot less to pull the trigger than for my .308, and it is still legal here.
Old 10-20-2021, 8:36 AM

Very nice! Talk about going all in lol
Old 10-20-2021, 10:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

How much does it weigh?

I might have to break down and get one.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 10-20-2021, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
How much does it weigh?

I might have to break down and get one.
i don't have a good scale, but i think about 7.4lbs as is with the full moderator, but 5.25lbs bare bones stock.
Old 10-20-2021, 7:05 PM

I dove into the PCP's this year. It's a very deep rabbit hole to go down.

I should have bought one years ago. I used to laugh at my buddies that got into PCP rifles.

Now I know why they did. I'm shopping for a .30 cal now or maybe even a .45

I'm fortunate enough to have some acreage with many barking ground hole dwellers to keep in check. I will never sell my powder burners, but I also almost never play with them anymore unless I have a coyote that needs to go bye bye.
Old 10-21-2021, 5:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-ACP View Post
I dove into the PCP's this year. It's a very deep rabbit hole to go down.

I should have bought one years ago. I used to laugh at my buddies that got into PCP rifles.

Now I know why they did. I'm shopping for a .30 cal now or maybe even a .45

I'm fortunate enough to have some acreage with many barking ground hole dwellers to keep in check. I will never sell my powder burners, but I also almost never play with them anymore unless I have a coyote that needs to go bye bye.
i had been thinking about it for years and caught the bug watching twang and bang.
i even had my "cart" full of stuff many times...
when i started to learn about how some places regulate them, i decided to buy before california makes them illegal or restricted.

of course the current price of ammo is a factor since i shoot .308.
Old 10-21-2021, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
i had been thinking about it for years and caught the bug watching twang and bang.
i even had my "cart" full of stuff many times...
when i started to learn about how some places regulate them, i decided to buy before california makes them illegal or restricted.

of course the current price of ammo is a factor since i shoot .308.
It's only a matter of time before PCP's get the ax. My buddy on the property next door just bought the Hatsan Blitz in .30cal. Full auto 30.cal air rifle is a lot of fun.
Old 10-21-2021, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before PCP's get the ax. My buddy on the property next door just bought the Hatsan Blitz in .30cal. Full auto 30.cal air rifle is a lot of fun.
i agree, and since they are getting more popular, and now are more than lethal for hunting medium sized game...it is just a matter of time imho.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
i agree, and since they are getting more popular, and now are more than lethal for hunting medium sized game...it is just a matter of time imho.
theLBC, from your experience thus far, which Leshiy 2 configuration do you recommend buying? Which accessories do you recommend?

I'm assuming you purchased the Short, and bought a MOD 40 Silencer, and an extra magazine. Are you happy with how you did it or if you could purchase over again, would you buy a different configuration? Did you also get the bigger tank?

And lastly, now that you're an EDgun West customer, do they ever have sales or coupons? Because it's awfully expensive to join the Leshiy 2 club, so any help to offset the price of entry would be helpful.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 10-21-2021, 1:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
theLBC, from your experience thus far, which Leshiy 2 configuration do you recommend buying? Which accessories do you recommend?

I'm assuming you purchased the Short, and bought a MOD 40 Silencer, and an extra magazine. Are you happy with how you did it or if you could purchase over again, would you buy a different configuration? Did you also get the bigger tank?

And lastly, now that you're an EDgun West customer, do they ever have sales or coupons? Because it's awfully expensive to join the Leshiy 2 club, so any help to offset the price of entry would be helpful.
i am not sure if i am qualified to recommend anything...lol
i went with 22 cal and the 350mm "long" version, just to have the potential for higher velocities if ever needed (and it is still pretty compact).
the nice thing is that you can easily swap barrels in a few minutes, and so the platform is very flexible.

the downside is the stock gun is loud, measuring ~100db inside the house.
it was 109db without the stock shroud...

adding the MOD50 with all the pieces brings that down to ~85db, and in the shortest form, it is ~95db.
the semi-auto action is the limit on how quiet it will get, so if you want a really quiet gun, this is not the one.

i don't know how much (if at all) quieter the mod50 is compared to the mod40, but with the larger hand guard, my leshiy doesn't "lock" closed, which might be a reason to opt for the mod40 and smaller hand guard.

i have not seen any discounts or sales...sorry.

some people don't like the trigger because it is not a 2-stage target type, but it isn't that bad and i can still put 8 shots into one hole in ~2 seconds.

Old 10-21-2021, 1:19 PM

I seriously considered a trip to Russia to pick up a few of these - it's about 50% cheaper in Russia, hovering around 90000 Rubles ($1300 USD) +- depending on configuration.

There are many more options in Russia than the US Importer brings in as well.

Don't know if Putin will let you get into a Russian airport with an air rifle, or if US Customs will give you any grief - but if you pickup a few it's likely worth the time and effort.
Old 10-21-2021, 1:26 PM

If anyone else is considering big bore air rifles, buy once, cry once and get them now before we can’t.
Old 10-21-2021, 3:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If anyone else is considering big bore air rifles, buy once, cry once and get them now before we can’t.
yup. people were happy about guy fieri (tv chef) being into it and attracting attention to the air rifles and i was like...

nooooooooooooooooo!
Old 10-22-2021, 8:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice! I have the Leshiy Classic in .22 cal. Love that gun. I installed the HUMA 12 ft/lb regulator and dialed it to 650 ft/sec. More than enough to pass thru a squirrel but not enough to blast holes thru my roof and walls. And I get about 50 shots between fills.

Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/
Old 10-22-2021, 9:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
Nice! I have the Leshiy Classic in .22 cal. Love that gun. I installed the HUMA 12 ft/lb regulator and dialed it to 650 ft/sec. More than enough to pass thru a squirrel but not enough to blast holes thru my roof and walls. And I get about 50 shots between fills.

nice!
Old 10-22-2021, 8:09 PM

Paul.....badass
Old 10-23-2021, 9:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

theLBC, how is the very long 15" LOP? That seems a bit excessive for LOP unless you're a big guy. I guess they had to do that for air volume.

Old 10-23-2021, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
theLBC, how is the very long 15" LOP? That seems a bit excessive for LOP unless you're a big guy. I guess they had to do that for air volume.
i am only 5'9" and it isn't an issue at all for me except that for something like the sightmark wraith, i cannot get my eye to the rubber eye cup unless i were to install a rail extended to mount it further back. i don't have issues reaching the trigger or anything of that nature.