Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 10-14-2018, 2:01 PM

Kids. And the passing of my father. Came to the realization that it up to me to feed, shelter and protect the people in my life.
Old 10-15-2018, 4:42 PM

I grew up in the late 50' & 60's. My parents had gone through the great depression and my mom and dad always had "extra" canned and dried food around. I was a scout and learned the motto "Be prepared". Our family had a vacation place in the Big Bear area and my parents stocked that sucker up good in case we got snowed in or if nuclear attack seemed imminent.

My own preps began after the Whittier quake (1987?) when we put enough stuff aside for three days. Later I decided a week would be smarter. Around 2010 I set a goal to be able to be get through 3 months. I feel we can make that now. I have food to get us that long, though water only enough to make it through about 6 weeks. We have propane for cooking if needed and I even have some fuel, with stabilizer, for the cars.
Old 10-15-2018, 5:11 PM

My mom's experiences and stories of what it was like during the Cuban missile crisis. From that she kept us stocked. Then my parent's friends experience with the '71 quake and then the '94 quake. My dad had guns, I learned shooting and the related discipline from his friends and family that were in the military.