Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-08-2018, 1:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
...their crap together in this state, “they” continue to lose.
You need to adjust your sense of who “they” are!

The “they” in your rant is “us”.

Help “us” win instead of calling on “them”!
Old 11-08-2018, 2:06 PM

No we have a rapeist for a governor and the man who made sf a toilet cause you all did not vote for jhon cox
Old 11-08-2018, 2:53 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I think Allen would have stood a way better chance against Newsom. Trump made an absolutely horrible decision endorsing Cox earlier this year, potentially costing Allen his spot on the Nov ballot.

That said, I voted for Cox this month, because given the two choices on the ballot, it would have been insane not to. For me, it wasn't a vote for Cox, it was a vote against Newsom.

Cox would have been a perfectly fine governor, but I knew from the very beginning that he didn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of beating Newsom. Allen would've fared much better, IMO. 60% of californians are NEVER going to vote for an unattractive old rich white republican with a phallic last name. Allen would have been able to relate to the younger crowd better.

Oh well. See you guys in 2022

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 11-08-2018 at 3:02 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 3:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
you mean if there are any still left to vote in 2022. i'm sure many will have left, and a small handful will be in jail for having an improperly configured gun that will be against the law that gavin will pass.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 11-08-2018, 3:19 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
you mean if there are any still left to vote in 2022. i'm sure many will have left, and a small handful will be in jail for having an improperly configured gun that will be against the law that gavin will pass.
Probably.

The only ones left will be those of us who are unable to move. Unfortunately, anything short of a genocide can't get me to leave this state. Shared custody being the primary reason - but if the mom moves to another state, I'm out of here right away.

Old 11-08-2018, 3:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Quite possibly, we all will be convicted felons by then.
Old 11-08-2018, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
^^^^THIS! Fuc#k all the gun owners who voted for a single democrat or who did not vote for Cox. THEY are the real enemy in our midst!!
I voted for Di Fi . . . you do the best you can with the vote that you have. Neither represents my interests.
Old 11-09-2018, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
Come on now. The Republicans run a fundamentalist carpet bagger, in CALIFORNIA, and you wonder why he lost?

Until the GOP gets their crap together in this state, they'll continue to lose.
So I take it ... you didn't vote for Cox ...
Old 11-09-2018, 3:13 AM

When I went to vote no one asked me for my ID. I thought it was strange. My friend who is a former LEO and his wife told me the same thing. California is lost and next elections must have the new Real ID I believe? Who knows how many illegals voted
Old 11-09-2018, 3:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
the reason this state is "controlled" by the Democrats is because 2/3 of the republicans in this state won't even go vote.

THIS!!!!!

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...

Last edited by njineermike; 11-09-2018 at 9:02 AM..
Old 11-09-2018, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPro View Post
When I went to vote no one asked me for my ID. I thought it was strange. My friend who is a former LEO and his wife told me the same thing. California is lost and next elections must have the new Real ID I believe? Who knows how many illegals voted
Same, it's weird they don't ask for ID. If my wife still had her Hispanic maiden name there would have been over dozen with her same name.
Old 11-09-2018, 8:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
Same, it's weird they don't ask for ID. If my wife still had her Hispanic maiden name there would have been over dozen with her same name.
Don't you have to provide the street address either?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
Don't you have to provide the street address either?
Neither my wife nor I did, we just told them our names, it was at a elementary school, the people at the desk didn't seem like they knew what they were doing they kept going to the back to ask a guy (whom I'm guessing was in charge) questions, which made the short line of 10 people I was in become a 40 minute wait. Infact they tried making me do a provisional vote at first but then I pulled up the website and said you only do a provisional if your name isn't listed as registered or chose mail, neither of the case for me, then they gave me my real ballot. I had a feeling it was because I had a American flag hat and shirt on.

Last edited by ZombieLivesMatter; 11-09-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member

Who knows, this may be a reach, but let Cox lose 2018, let Allen try again in 2022. Hopefully by then, national voter ID is out and then Allen has a chance. 4D chess! Never liked the idea of a carpetbagger being governor.

After governor, I'd like to see Allen try for US senator.
Old 11-09-2018, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoggod View Post
Cox had more counties as a whole voting for him , 55% of the counties voted for him but Newsome had the counties with the highest populace. LA county alone was 1.3 million for Newsome
Son, counties don't have votes. It's pointless to go there.

People, in counties, have votes.

In my county, I did not vote for Newsome.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
I voted for Frankenstein- as did many others here. Does that count? We basically retired DeLeon by doing so.
I did too. Now i can tell all my liberal "friends" that I voted democrat and am not a straight "r" voter, very much unlike those partisan *******s! I feel empowered!
Old 11-10-2018, 10:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Those who didn't vote for Cox tonight because you're sour about Travis Allen losing. Those who didn't like Newsom and Cox so didn't vote for neither. Those who were just too lazy to vote. THUMBS DOWN. This was a uphill fight but it wasn't a landslide win for Newsom.
Thank your fellow gun owners on this very board who vote DemoKrat. I'm sure some of the ones who favored the registration of our BBAW's won't be around much anymore after Newsom winning.

It really wasn't an election it was only a formality for Newsom to win.

I do agree thanks to you gun owners as well on this very board for not voting for Cox.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Thank your fellow gun owners on this very board who vote DemoKrat. I'm sure some of the ones who favored the registration of our BBAW's won't be around much anymore after Newsom winning.

It really wasn't an election it was only a formality for Newsom to win.

I do agree thanks to you gun owners as well on this very board for not voting for Cox.
I have Democrat gun owner friends (and I'm not talking guys that own 1 gun, these are guys that have dozens of handguns, rifles, etc) that voted for Hillary in 2016 and Newsom this week. They get offended when I tried to pursuade them to Trump or Cox, they truly are sheep and don't follow logic, only what they're told.
Old 11-10-2018, 2:17 PM

Would have been nice if Cox campaigned gave speeches and rallies like Trump and put up TV ads. He did neither of them.

It's like he didn't want to win.

Worst candidate ever.
Old 11-10-2018, 2:25 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
Would have been nice if Cox campaigned gave speeches and rallies like Trump
You mean like Travis Allen did, and is still doing even AFTER he lost the midterms?

It blows my mind that people voted for Cox over Allen back in June. And then act surprised that Cox barely even tried to beat Newsom. People in this state are their own worst enemies.

Old 11-10-2018, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Who said anything about Allen hardcore supporters, I'm a Allen hardcore supporter, I donated money to his campaign and was passing fliers out at guneffects in city of industry asking for people to go out and vote and also support Allen. Why do you think hardcore Allen supporters didn't vote for Cox, I know myself and many friends who were Allen supporters go out yesterday and vote for Cox.
You are the low hanging fruit. It's easier for some people to blame you then except the fact California is beyond the tipping point or to admit that COX was a Dem Shill brought in to beat Villavillian who was not 2A friendly.

Don't get me wrong, ultimately I held my nose and voted Cox on the off chance there were enough Democrats voting who thought Newscum we too far left. I would vote for Obama or Hillary before I would vote for Newscum.

But back on topic. Some people just have to have someone to blame and this week it's "Hard Core Allen Supporters". Don't worry, next week it swings back to being Glock Fanboys.

We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 11-10-2018, 4:01 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
You are the low hanging fruit. It's easier for some people to blame you then except the fact California is beyond the tipping point or to admit that COX was a Dem Shill brought in to beat Villavillian who was not 2A friendly.

Don't get me wrong, ultimately I held my nose and voted Cox on the off chance there were enough Democrats voting who thought Newscum we too far left. I would vote for Obama or Hillary before I would vote for Newscum.

But back on topic. Some people just have to have someone to blame and this week it's "Hard Core Allen Supporters". Don't worry, next week it swings back to being Glock Fanboys.
It's a silly blame anyways, since I'm sure 99% of Allen's supporters did in fact vote for Cox ultimately. I did.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

Grindall61 on YouTube/Bit Chute has what I think is a good explanation: Democrat turnout was much higher than expected due to higher-than-the-rest-of-the-country Trump Derangement Syndrome in California.

It was Grindall61's explanation for why Dana Rohrabacher didn't win handily over rabidly-anti-gun Harley Rouda. He says that some of his colleagues that went to observe local polling places report massively long lines in towns and cities that normally would have had low turnout.

Those were mostly Democrats standing in line, not Republicans.

Luckily for the nation, the Blue Wave didn't occur thanks mainly to the red states stepping up.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Those who didn't vote for Cox tonight because you're sour about Travis Allen losing. Those who didn't like Newsom and Cox so didn't vote for neither. Those who were just too lazy to vote. THUMBS DOWN. This was a uphill fight but it wasn't a landslide win for Newsom.

Dude, get a clue. Cox never had a chance. CA is the product of Hart-Celler. Escapees and spawn from ****hole countries have remade CA to resemble ****holes they fled.

Get real: no Republican has a prayer. It's worse for conservatives.

You might want to do a self-analysis to determine what actions of your life might have contributed to CA's ****hole status.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
Would have been nice if Cox campaigned gave speeches and rallies like Trump and put up TV ads. He did neither of them.

It's like he didn't want to win.

Worst candidate ever.
He was an empty sack brought in to soak up R votes. Allen had no serious funding or infrastructure, 0% chance of winning. The race was Villarigosa vs Newsom in the primary, after that went Newsoms way it was over. In CA (top 2 primaries) R’s need to be way smarter with their vote, many times it would be better to vote for the “less bad” D than the “won’t have a chance” R.