Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 11-26-2019, 8:51 AM

Default Sale on Frankford Arsenal Tumbler

Act fast! $125 on Amazon and Midway for the platinum series.

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTN4R6O..._Iuw3Db9GW8FHD

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2019, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Same here w/free shipping https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012721373?pid=713881

Throw some reloading supplies on it to get free shipping on the same ticket, which you can't do on Amazon... Right?

Last edited by the86d; 11-26-2019 at 9:48 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyc View Post
Act fast!
Do you work for them? This sounds like an ad.
Old 11-27-2019, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Do you work for them? This sounds like an ad.
LOL! Calguns never fails to make me laugh.

Here's a picture of the price history. Now is the time to buy. Waited over a year to get this.

Last edited by jyc; 11-27-2019 at 8:50 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 8:47 AM
Veteran Member

Yesterdays batch!

Last edited by baranski; 06-09-2021 at 7:45 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 8:47 AM

Nice! Any tips you have for when I get my tumbler in tomorrow?

Last edited by jyc; 11-27-2019 at 9:00 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Here's a picture of the price history. Now is the time to buy. Waited over a year to get this.
You convinced me. I think I've been so conditioned to instantly ignore/get annoyed by ads that contain phrases like that but I should probe keep my negatively to my self.

That price history you posted though. When I saw that I placed an order. I've been worried about all the lead dust for a while and I'll probably be healthier now because of you.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2019, 9:03 AM

Quote:
You convinced me. I think I've been so conditioned to instantly ignore/get annoyed by ads that contain phrases like that but I should probe keep my negatively to my self.

That price history you posted though. When I saw that I placed an order. I've been worried about all the lead dust for a while and I'll probably be healthier now because of you.

Thanks.
Yup. Tried using a cheap sonic cleaner but it didn't work to my satisfaction. But everyone seems to have good luck with the wet tumblers so here it goes. Enjoy! It's why posted the sale ad in the first place lol. I'm sure many other calgunners like myself have been waiting for a major sale.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2019, 9:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Yeah, I use really hot water, seems to do better job.

Car wash soap with wax also works real good at keeping the brass shiny.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 PM

You will be tempted to fill it with tons of brass, which is fine if you're just cleaning....but if you want truly shiny brass it helps to only load it about half full or less. I love mine. You won't be disappointed.
Old 12-03-2019, 7:15 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
I've been worried about all the lead dust for a while and I'll probably be healthier now because of you.

Thanks.
Same here. I wash my brass before dry tumbling. Cuts down on dust and my brass gets shinier quicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:41 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Get some of the larger pins. The stock ones are fine, and will do a great job, don't get me wrong, but the larger ones are much, much easier to deal with. My Lovely Wife learned to hate the relatively small pins that the tumbler came with.

You'll see a number of videos where they use Lemishine, and they use way, way, way too much of it. A little goes a long way with that stuff, and a very small amount is all you should need. Heck, if you're using soft water, you might not need it at all.

There's for some reason this thought making the rounds that soap is in incredibly short supply and must be hoarded at all costs. Hint: we're washing stuff here; use soap. If at the end of the run, you'd don't still have some suds, you didn't use enough soap. Fortunately, soap is, in fact, available in practically inexhaustible quantity; if we use it all up, they'll just make more of it, so we can feel free to go for the gusto.

I've had great results with a pinch of Lemishine, a decent squirt of Dawn, and a dollop of Armor-All Wash and Wax.

That being said, Frankford Arsenal is now selling a bag'o'cleaning packs that look a lot like Tide Pods, and they work well. It's basically one pod per full drum, so a single bag of pods will last you a long time.

Getting the pins separated can be a bit tedious. I strongly recommend the Frankford Arsenal Wet/Dry media separator; it works great, it's fast, and there's been a lot of thought put into the design. Seriously, if there's one thing you should have, it's that -- it turns the separation process into nothing; you're done in no time.

Finally, you'll see involved videos of people drying the pins in complicated ways. There's no reason to do that, as they won't rust. Just get the bulk of the water off of them and pour them back into the drum to wait for next time.
Old 12-07-2019, 1:53 PM

Buy some citric acid off amazon. It’s dirt cheap and will last you a long time. Put 1 9mm casing of acid in with a few squirts of blue dawn dish soap. Then fill with hot or cold water and run it. I have the same tumbler and have had great results using the above recipe. If you put too much acid or lemi shine the brass will tarnish quickly.