Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-27-2020, 12:55 PM

Default CZ 50 magazines and holsters

I've been on the lookout for a second magazine for a CZ50 and it seems like my options are the Triple K ones, OEM ones, or this https://joespawnshop.net/CZ-50-CZ-70...?categoryId=-1

Has anyone tried the new production Triple K or Joe's Pawn shop models? Do they tend to work ok? I'm also in the market for a decent holster. I prefer something with more rigidity than a sof-tuk. I have heard they fit in a Walther PP holster, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2020, 2:35 PM

Try numrich for the magazine they had factor used/surplus
Some have finger extensions some just normal.
B
Old 11-27-2020, 5:22 PM
Calguns Addict

I can't help you with magazines, but I do recommend upgrading the firing pin to the more modern style if you are going to shoot it. It is an easy mod and it lightens up the trigger considerably.
CZ50 is an underrated shooter IMO.
Old 11-27-2020, 6:22 PM

Thanks! Doesn't that firing pin upgrade turn the decocker into a trigger ?
Old 11-27-2020, 6:52 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Numrich just had them on sale, factory mags. I grabbed a couple

Still on sale! $39.95
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1475660

Free ship over $75 IIRC

No reason to buy any other brand when you can get the real deal at that price

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalforlife View Post
Thanks! Doesn't that firing pin upgrade turn the decocker into a trigger ?
Perhaps, but many Cz50 and Cz52 will do this with stock parts. If the decocking notch is worn, it will fire. Never trust the decocker on any Cz50/52 (or any gun for that matter).

Also note that a pencil test will not work, you need something smaller diameter. I use a dowel smaller than a pencil for Cz50. My Cz50 will launch the dowel when the decocker is used. I do have Harrington competition kit in both my 50 and 52. I have not tested the 52 decocker yet.

You can grind off the decocking cam on the safety lever to eliminate the decock function.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 11-27-2020 at 7:32 PM..
Old 11-27-2020, 7:29 PM

Thanks sky hawk! I was planning on testing the decocker at the range but I'll give the dowel a try, that's a good idea . I need to strip mine anyway as it has that weird phosphate finish and I want to oil it.

Any other mods you'd suggest? Do you pinch the hammer to decock?
Old 11-27-2020, 7:33 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Thanks sky hawk! I was planning on testing the decocker at the range but I'll give the dowel a try, that's a good idea . I need to strip mine anyway as it has that weird phosphate finish and I want to oil it.

Any other mods you'd suggest? Do you pinch the hammer to decock?
Yes if I had to decock I would lower the hammer like 1911.

I just bought spare safety levers for my 50 and 52 on ebay ($14 and $17), and will grind off the decock lobe on those and cold blue and install them. I feel it is a bad idea to have a decocker installed that you know is a trigger. Anyone with Harrington parts should consider it.

I will still have all the original parts to install to restore original function (and heavy trigger) if someone wants it that way.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 11-27-2020 at 7:50 PM..
Old 11-28-2020, 1:07 PM

Nice. I might cold blue mine in time. I got it from OWS and the pictured gun was blued, the one they sent was that phosphate grey color, it's not the prettiest.

it's very strange that the ONLY place online selling those ten rounders is "Joe's Pawn Shop" you'd think someone must be manufacturing them. I'd be tempted to give one a try but not with zero reviews. I will probably just get two mags from Numrich to make shipping free.

Have you ever tried the Wolf hammer spring? It might make the DA lighter but I'm not sure if it would result in FTF
Old 12-02-2020, 10:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I've been on the lookout for a second magazine for a CZ50 and it seems like my options are the Triple K ones, OEM ones, or this https://joespawnshop.net/CZ-50-CZ-70...?categoryId=-1

Has anyone tried the new production Triple K or Joe's Pawn shop models? Do they tend to work ok? I'm also in the market for a decent holster. I prefer something with more rigidity than a sof-tuk. I have heard they fit in a Walther PP holster, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
I sold my CZ50 recently and I still have the holster for it. If you're interested in it I'll dig it out and send you some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 12-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Nice. I might cold blue mine in time. I got it from OWS and the pictured gun was blued, the one they sent was that phosphate grey color, it's not the prettiest.
I'm just talking about cold blueing the bare metal on the safety lever after grinding away the decock lobe.

My gun could probably use a new finish too but I am keeping the patina for now. I took some pics of it after I cleaned it up, here
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1540777

Old 12-03-2020, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
I'm just talking about cold blueing the bare metal on the safety lever after grinding away the decock lobe.

My gun could probably use a new finish too but I am keeping the patina for now. I took some pics of it after I cleaned it up, here
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1540777
that one has seen some use! FWIW I installed walnut grips and the way they are cut actually prevents you from using the decocker lever. I paid 40 bucks ad I find them more comfy as well
Old 01-05-2021, 2:06 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Numrich just had them on sale, factory mags. I grabbed a couple

Still on sale! $39.95
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1475660

Free ship over $75 IIRC

No reason to buy any other brand when you can get the real deal at that price

Perhaps, but many Cz50 and Cz52 will do this with stock parts. If the decocking notch is worn, it will fire. Never trust the decocker on any Cz50/52 (or any gun for that matter).

Also note that a pencil test will not work, you need something smaller diameter. I use a dowel smaller than a pencil for Cz50. My Cz50 will launch the dowel when the decocker is used. I do have Harrington competition kit in both my 50 and 52. I have not tested the 52 decocker yet.

You can grind off the decocking cam on the safety lever to eliminate the decock function.
Now they want $49.95
Old 01-07-2021, 3:02 PM

The ones from Joe's Pawn shop are cheaper and have been fine for me. don't get the 10 rounder, that wouldn't even fit in the magwell!