Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 01-05-2017, 8:40 AM

Default Franchi Affinity in Commifornia Jail

Just picked up a Franchi Affinity in camo so ill be 2948% more deadly to game. Gonna be using it last weekend of duck season and plenty of trap this offseason to prepare for next season. Anyone have experience with this gun? Very excited to get it out of jail next Saturday.
Old 01-05-2017, 9:37 AM

I have one in black that I won at an FNRA dinner and gave to my son. He loves it, and has shot in the 40s at trap several times. (He is just a beginner, having shot trap maybe a dozen times.) He has killed several pheasants at youth hunts and a bunch of quail. it has been totally reliable and not ammo sensitive.
Old 01-05-2017, 9:44 AM

did you buy it and then asked the forum for our opinion? Aren't you suppose to do that first and then buy?

But to answer your question, my friend bought one and I bought the Beretta A300, to me the affinity swings a bit better than my Beretta but it's to late for me to change my mind now. I am thinking about picking up an affinity for either my wife or my son later on.
Old 01-05-2017, 1:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamalpias View Post
my friend bought one and I bought the Beretta A300, to me the affinity swings a bit better than my Beretta but it's to late for me to change my mind now. I am thinking about picking up an affinity for either my wife or my son later on.
Which one do you think have less recoil?
Old 01-05-2017, 1:48 PM

I don't think i'm all that qualified to answer the question, I do have one, but have only put about 50 round through it doing sporting clays. Light gun, light recoil, no issues.
Old 01-05-2017, 5:41 PM
Banned

????
I actually asked tamalpias ,

Never mind, sorry for hijacking the thread, disregard.

Congrats OP on your new toy, you are going to enjoy it for sure.

__

Last edited by Sandro; 01-05-2017 at 5:43 PM..
Old 01-05-2017, 5:56 PM

I've been hunting upland and waterfowl with it for a few years now. Lightweight, swings great and no problems cycling anything. The shims set helped accuracy, in my case anyway. I'm a little on the high side of 6'2", 210# and the recoil feels mild to me. No complaints against the enertia driven cycle here.
Old 01-05-2017, 8:19 PM
Banned

Oh no...
I was asking a guy who shoot them side by side, only this way you can compare.
I hunt with a guy who shoots Mos 500 for ducks and say "the recoil is very mild", do you really thing it is?
Old 01-06-2017, 7:58 AM

I have two Affinity's, a 12 and a 20, both black synthetic and 26" barrels. I've had them since the Affinity first came out. I like mine a lot and shoot them extremely well. The reason I don't still own an A300 is because I didn't shoot it well at all. They are excellent shotguns for the money. If I shot the A300 well but not the Affinity then I'd have an A300 and no Affinity's.

Everything else being equal, an Affinity will recoil more than a A300 and will become increasingly more heavy as you move into heavier loads. There is no way of getting around that since one gun is Inertia and one is gas. With dove loads the difference is no biggie to me. With duck loads the Affinity stays home. YMMV - I'm recoil sensitive to a degree.

The Affinity and A300 have different stock dimensions so most people will shoot one better than the other. They both come with shims, but shims can only do so much, in my case they could not alter an A300 stock enough for me to shoot it well.
Old 01-08-2017, 2:27 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I get it out of jail Saturday so I'm gonna try to kill some birds sunday
Old 01-08-2017, 3:04 PM
Banned

Waiting for the report
Old 03-12-2017, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisDreamer View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I get it out of jail Saturday so I'm gonna try to kill some birds sunday
Any updates? I am interested in the same model
Old 03-16-2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by para38super View Post
Any updates? I am interested in the same model
absolulty fell in love with the gun. I've cycled every load through it and flawless. Great purchase