Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 04-02-2010, 1:18 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I dunno... I like Angie's rifle... and she doesn't strike me as someone not being able to tow her own line.

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 04-02-2010, 2:30 PM
Veteran Member

So I wonder if we'll see you at the Bay Area Rifle Championship in August... 1200 rounds is no slouch.. that's a fair amount of firing.. over a case. I'd think with a good zero, I think you would put the hurt on a lot of competitors that day.

The only time I fired that many rounds was at a weekend training session with Jerry Miculek... 6 at a time..
Old 04-02-2010, 2:42 PM
Veteran Member

What type of AR15 was this? I've fired over 1,200 rounds on the same bolt without an issue, only thing that wore out was the gas rings on the bolt which is like a 5$ set of little rings? The only thing i can think of is lack of lube on the contact points, receiver and the inside of the carrier bolt surfaces while the bolt rotates. Guys who run Carbine classes or Tactical Shooting classes keep them running wet. I suggest getting the USMC/US ARMY Manual on the M16 series of weapons, it really gives you alot of insight on how to maintain your and clean it. Ive learned alot from this book:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/files/...005-319-10.pdf

Last edited by Tacit Blue; 04-02-2010 at 2:49 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
Will you marry me?
Yes...if the prenup says I get to take the BMW in your Avatar when I leave
Old 04-02-2010, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalshooting View Post
My GF, who WAS a female soldier in Iraq, gets really annoyed every time she goes to buy a gun or a knife and they say something like "we got a cute little one in pink for ya". Of course they tend to adopt a shameful look when she shows she can safely handle any weapon in the store and then whips out her military ID for the DROS. A pink AR would be screaming "hey look at me I'm a girl and they let me play with guns" (not that there's anything wrong with that) but would also stand out like a sore thumb. Women's Liberation would mean a female soldier being able to carry the same load/weight and weapons as a male soldier while being indistinguishable in performance since everyone wears green.

Regardless, I wasn't trying to bash your pink AR. Nice pics!! Looks like an excellent weapon with a few hiccups that nothing firing a couple more thousand rounds into it wouldn't fix.
I'm sorry SoCal - you're totally right I didn't mean to come across that way. I know there are girls in harms way, trying to be respected equally with men...and here I am being girly and stupid! When I thought about it, a pink rifle would probably make anybody too visible and that would be dangerous. I hope I didn't offend her.
Old 04-02-2010, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTDIRT4U View Post
Q: Did your Uncle say what exactly was wrong with the bolt?

Also, nice gun. Good job. Glad you joined the crazies, now you're a right-wing militant, Better watch for those black helis! (J/K)
He said he's not sure. He thought the bolt was cracked while we were at the range but he emailed me and said it looks OK - he just cleaned up a lot of buildup on it. It misfeeds when we shoot it. He's going to take it to the range on Monday and testfire it and will let me know.
Old 04-02-2010, 5:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
He said he's not sure. He thought the bolt was cracked while we were at the range but he emailed me and said it looks OK - he just cleaned up a lot of buildup on it. It misfeeds when we shoot it. He's going to take it to the range on Monday and testfire it and will let me know.
1. Double tap mags make sure it gets a good seat in the chamber.

2. On top of the Bolt carrier is something called the " Gas Key " if that comes loose after 1,200 rounds this will cause the rifle not to properly cycle. Alot of builders of AR15's dont stake it down properly so when it comes loose it causes a ALOT of issues with the rifles.

http://shanedaughtry.com/images/Gas%20Key%20Screws.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95...taked_keys.jpg

Improper

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95...Stagpics-a.jpg

If those screws come loose under alot of firing it will cause alot of issues, something to just check up on to ensure its not that. Mine came loose and was moving around, i had founds double feeding and alot jams.

3. Check the hammer to make sure its not riding the bolt carrier

Last edited by Tacit Blue; 04-02-2010 at 5:48 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 6:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
...and here I am being girly and stupid!
This is calguns, not facebook.
Old 04-02-2010, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot44 View Post
Come on be nice...

Snake Plissken:Got a Smoke?
Malloy:The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no guns, no alcohol, no women-unless your married-no foul language-no red meat!
Snake Plissken-(sarcastic)Land of the Free
Ironic how fiction slowly becomes reality, isnt it?
Old 04-02-2010, 7:23 PM
Calguns Addict

This is the reason why we should share the gun culture with the fairer gender... (And I will leave it at that...)

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-02-2010, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
This is the reason why we should share the gun culture with the fairer gender... (And I will leave it at that...)
+100

Snake Plissken:Got a Smoke?
Malloy:The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no guns, no alcohol, no women-unless your married-no foul language-no red meat!
Snake Plissken-(sarcastic)Land of the Free
Ironic how fiction slowly becomes reality, isnt it?
Old 04-02-2010, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

Just for your information, Bump firing is legal. The shooter is still firing a semi automatic weapon. Either these guys had FA's or were running 30 rnd mags with a Bullet button, which makes the rifle an AW.
As for the bolt. 1200 rnds is alot to fire without cleaning or at least
re-lubing the bolt and rings. CLP or graphite works very well. Hope you get her fixed soon. Go for a chrome bolt if you can find one.
By the way, You really are too cute to shoot.
Want to go fishing sometime?

Just kidding, I'm twice your age. But I have lots of friends. Nothing wrong with making another.

Glad to see you enjoy the sport! J.

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 04-02-2010, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
Just kidding, I'm twice your age. But I have lots of friends. Nothing wrong with making another.

.... twice?

Haha, I kid.... I kid.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - J. Cooper

ConfusionDesign.com - Web Hosting & Design Services

AR10 .308 For Sale
Old 04-02-2010, 9:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000news View Post
.... twice?

Haha, I kid.... I kid.
LOL.... 2 points Bryan. But most likely, Unless 2cute is over 24...
I don't really want to ask her how young she really is... She's just too cute and those shorts are totally disarming.
I'd lay down my guns for a lady like her. But NOTHING else. I hope the man she falls for isn't a jerk. She seems so much more deserving.

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 04-02-2010, 9:18 PM

And I thought L.A. had all the cute girls. All joking aside glad you had an awesome time.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
Just for your information, Bump firing is legal. The shooter is still firing a semi automatic weapon. Either these guys had FA's or were running 30 rnd mags with a Bullet button, which makes the rifle an AW.
As for the bolt. 1200 rnds is alot to fire without cleaning or at least
re-lubing the bolt and rings. CLP or graphite works very well. Hope you get her fixed soon. Go for a chrome bolt if you can find one.
By the way, You really are too cute to shoot.
Want to go fishing sometime?

We were on in Nevada when this happened, so I don't know what their laws are over their. We could hear them 'bump firing' and it sure sounded like a lot of bullets - more than 10 anyway! They said the rangers told them they had machine guns since they were getting lots of shots for one 'manual pull' of the trigger?

Anyway, I was trying to count in my head how many rounds went thru my AR over the weekend. I think about 500 of my bullets, plus my cousins, so actually probably only about 700 or maybe 800. At one point my uncle lubed all the guns we we were shooting, but we never cleaned! Mine worked fine until it started jamming over and over again. My uncle now thinks the bolt looks ok...maybe some loose parts in it. So he cleaned it and will testfire it on Monday. I hope it will be OK!

And don't worry Diginit. I didn't think anything. Are we going out on your yacht? I love shooting but I don't know about fishing.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
2Cute, thanks for sharing. I spent all my time with pistols and know nothing about rifles. Last time I shot a high power rifle match was to get a Garand through the DCM. I saved them plenty money on targets because at 600 yards, who knows where anything went except outer space...

Now, if I hang around NorCal long enough, she'll educate me on the finer things of AR building (hee-hee)

I think that should be standard equipment for us girls on Calguns: a rilfe slung over one shoulder and a sidearm on our hip
Hi Steyrlp! I think the AR is the perfect gun for girls. I know a lot of girls don't like pistol shooting...at least to start out on, because of the kick. And they don't like a lot of rifles because of the kick and the weight. The AR is so light. Also, it's got some kick, so you get that thrill and feel power, but it's not at all scary
Old 04-03-2010, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hi Steyrlp! I think the AR is the perfect gun for girls. I know a lot of girls don't like pistol shooting...at least to start out on, because of the kick. And they don't like a lot of rifles because of the kick and the weight. The AR is so light. Also, it's got some kick, so you get that thrill and feel power, but it's not at all scary
Guess a mosin is out of the question
Old 04-03-2010, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkHaze View Post
I prefer the M1 Garand but I'm not your typical girl

Last edited by 2Cute2Shoot; 03-25-2011 at 2:07 PM..
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Yeah, I shot the AR in .223 to qualify for my Garand. I understand the weight, which is something you eventually get used to. Try to run around with a Garand some time (hee-hee)

But being a girl, it's the cleaning - lol That's why I stick to shooting my 1911. Less to break down and fiddle with

I actually would like to work with my 870 more... probably when the pistol match season slows down in a few months.

Tell your uncle to work faster on testing out your rilfe, so you can get back out there -- have fun!

Old 04-04-2010, 2:07 AM

Was that out in Verdi? I'm in Reno right now and I'm trying to figure out where there's a shooting area that borders the state lines and can't think of it.
Old 04-04-2010, 2:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkHaze View Post
Quote:

PWND!!!

Turn in your "Man Card" to 2Cute2Shoot!

Heck, she even had a pic of her behind a 91. She must be a recoil addict!
Old 04-04-2010, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
Yeah, I shot the AR in .223 to qualify for my Garand. I understand the weight, which is something you eventually get used to. Try to run around with a Garand some time (hee-hee)

But being a girl, it's the cleaning - lol That's why I stick to shooting my 1911. Less to break down and fiddle with

I actually would like to work with my 870 more... probably when the pistol match season slows down in a few months.

Tell your uncle to work faster on testing out your rilfe, so you can get back out there -- have fun!
I agree! Cleaning my 1911 is easy. But I think we girls are more detail oriented than guys. I don't know how to clean my AR yet, but I'm excited to learn. I think girls do a better job getting things clean than guys & I think I'm going to like it
Old 04-04-2010, 9:46 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
I agree! Cleaning my 1911 is easy. But I think we girls are more detail oriented than guys. I don't know how to clean my AR yet, but I'm excited to learn. I think girls do a better job getting things clean than guys & I think I'm going to like it
Even so, when I met my husband, I asked that all important interview question: "Sweetie, will you clean my guns?"

Although we gals know our stuff, it's still a nice treat to be able to shoot matches, knowing that he'll be there to help me keep all my stuff spic and span. Like fishing... I can manage, but it's still nice when he asks if I'd like him to tie my lures on.

If it weren't for my Sweet Pea, I wouldn't have all these nationals titles to use for wallpaper - lol

Old 04-04-2010, 9:57 AM

I like cleaning guns and other mechanical things. It's a lot less tedious than cleaning up someone's computer from all the malware etc and a closet/bedroom. There's something therapeutic about dismantling something then putting it back together, and it still working.

P.S. I'm a guy!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
In general girls might be better cleaning and more detail oriented but not when it comes to a man and his firearms.I spend hours cleaning mine,every nook and cranny.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacom View Post
I like cleaning guns and other mechanical things. It's a lot less tedious than cleaning up someone's computer from all the malware etc and a closet/bedroom. There's something therapeutic about dismantling something then putting it back together, and it still working.

P.S. I'm a guy!
Tacom, you guys may be better at cleaning off computers, but only because you have experience from all those nasty sites you guys go to Trust me, I know... my brother has forgotten to clear his history a few times

And you might also be right about taking apart and putting back together. I don't think I know any girls who like doing that...but for some reason, boys love it
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Klaatu barada nikto
CGN Contributor

Quote:
That means you HAVE to get your own
WARNING .......there is no turning back once you have the first one

Old 04-04-2010, 1:54 PM
Calguns Addict

You will not be as cute with only one eye trying to pick up your militray mustang driving Reno boy... JK Wear glasses for sure...

Quote:
He is just mad cuz nobody is paying attention to him and they are to her... I steer clear most of the time answering girl son here because it seems girls get alot more "nice help" than guys and I am no leg humper... But yeah lets be cool to both boys and girls...
Old 04-04-2010, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
Wear glasses for sure...

He is just mad cuz nobody is paying attention to him and they are to her... I steer clear most of the time answering girl son here because it seems girls get alot more "nice help" than guys and I am no leg humper... But yeah lets be cool to both boys and girls...
Thank you Seesm! I don't want special treatment here...or any place for that matter! If I can't get something with my abilities and because of who I am, then I shouldn't have it! But thanks for making an exception to be friendly to me

And regarding my eyes...I'm a fast blinker!
Old 04-04-2010, 2:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Forgive me I did not mean an exception... Just if you look at someone asking questions (a guy) he will get bashed a bit sometimes on here. But then look at a (girl) asking the same stuff she will not get bashed but maybe 5-10 pages of help.

I LOVE ladies young and old as much as anyone and I feel they should be treated the same. And I hate to see anyone pick on anyone girl or guy... Btw warts if properly displayed can be fashionable...
Old 04-04-2010, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwaveguy View Post
That means you HAVE to get your own
WARNING .......there is no turning back once you have the first one
Don't worry about me...I DO NOT want a Garand of my own. I can shoot it lying down, and it is fun, but I still don't like the kick. I always end up putting my other hand in between the stock and my shoulder, because it hits my bone when it fires Sometimes I'll use a towel between my shoulder and the gun to make it more comfortable if I'm going to fire a lot of rounds. Also, it's too heavy for me to carry and shoot while standing. I just like it better than the Mosin because that's a commie gun (according to my dad) and I think the Mosin is even heavier! There is just so much American heritage in that gun that I always fire one when I get the chance...and I think of my great grandfather, fighting in Korea

But for me personally, I'll stick to my nice AR which I am deadly with
Old 04-04-2010, 3:00 PM

Yikes. Someone younger than me that can shoot better than me with a rifle and is interested in law enforcement?

Looks like I have some competition
Old 04-04-2010, 4:44 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised that no one has pointed this out yet (they probably don't want to hurt the little lady's feelings), but that is not a Garand.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men." - General George S. Patton Jr.
Old 04-04-2010, 7:45 PM

Quote:
And you might also be right about taking apart and putting back together. I don't think I know any girls who like doing that...but for some reason, boys love it
Why doesn't he just use private browsing in firefox with noscript+adblocker plug-ins or incognito in chrome! It would save both of you time and probably some awkward moments.

Anyway, my friend tells me I like putting things together because it's the closest guys can get to giving birth. I don't have a problem with that theory especially since it doesn't involve pain.

PS
I think it's an m14 in the picture, but I have little to no knowledge of much.
Old 04-04-2010, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

That doth looketh like an M-14/M1A indeed.

If only there were more girls like you. {Seeing that I am in the same age bracket}.

"...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."
Old 04-04-2010, 8:48 PM

No doth etc etc Shakespeare language please! One semester of the bard, as an English major, was more than enough for me.

Last edited by Tacom; 04-04-2010 at 8:50 PM..
Old 04-04-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
A 1911 and an AR shooting girl around 280? WOW. I think I found a new range partner lol. Los Altos and Sunnyvale are suppose to be the two coolest ranges on our side of the bay.
Old 04-05-2010, 5:43 PM

Quote:

As much as I appreciate that you like heavy metal rifles, what I love more is that it looks like you dragged a light floral print duvet out to the desert to use as a shooting mat. LOL
Old 04-05-2010, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
lol, seriously? I figure if a mod hasn't said anything, it's nobody else's business to say stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceflinch View Post
F the World Bank
F the UN &
F Obama

Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!