Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
Life is too short to get shot by an idiot.
Best line in the thread...and words to "live by". That's the reason I belong to a private club and never go out to public shooting area's.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Born With a Tail
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Best line in the thread...and words to "live by". That's the reason I belong to a private club and never go out to public shooting area's.
I’d consider membership at a club like Sac Valley if I wasn’t 90 minutes away. Dillman operated by the Lincoln Rifle Club is another option.

But I have a few spots that are on public land that are relatively unknown to the morons that ruin places like Spenceville, and they’re only 15-30 minutes from my front door. I also make a few trips to Nevada each year to shoot on BLM land.

Hard to give that up when all it costs is the gas I use to get there.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
I’d consider membership at a club like Sac Valley if I wasn’t 90 minutes away. Dillman operated by the Lincoln Rifle Club is another option.

But I have a few spots that are on public land that are relatively unknown to the morons that ruin places like Spenceville, and they’re only 15-30 minutes from my front door. I also make a few trips to Nevada each year to shoot on BLM land.

Hard to give that up when all it costs is the gas I use to get there.
We live in different places with different options or lack thereof. Here in the LA mega-basin, there are only a few options and all involve long drives...

Down here... joining a private gun range is a highly recommended solution. All those who wait to join may be out of luck in the future finding only waiting lists as public area continue to closed down / restricted / more dangerous.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Default unsafe shooters at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_nor_cal View Post
Yeah. This is why I don’t go to Spenceville anymore. Tons of degenerates out there and people being very unsafe.
the last 4 - 5 times Ive been to ranges like this, I keep running into groups of young men usually 3 to 5 guys all spraying and shooting at trash, also lots of pulling the trigger just to make noise or firing into a puddle of water in a group all firing together, with 9mm hand guns, AK's, AR pistols.

or just spraying at anything on the ground just for the thrill of pulling the trigger and making lots of noise.
Old 08-04-2018, 8:06 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Hey nine mill, want to answer the guys questions about what can be shot in Oroville in that other thread?
Old 08-28-2018, 1:32 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

I heard they were issuing tickets for BWS (black while shooting). Can anybody confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
Old 08-28-2018, 2:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tere Hanges?
Old 08-28-2018, 3:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
the last 4 - 5 times Ive been to ranges like this, I keep running into groups of young men usually 3 to 5 guys all spraying and shooting at trash, also lots of pulling the trigger just to make noise or firing into a puddle of water in a group all firing together, with 9mm hand guns, AK's, AR pistols.

or just spraying at anything on the ground just for the thrill of pulling the trigger and making lots of noise.
So? They are experiencing the raw intoxicating thrill of the freedom to own and operate deadly weapons.

As long as they aren't hurting anyone, why criticize their enjoyment?

I fired every weapon system I could get my hands on in the military, all to get myself a boom boner. Mk 19 grenade launcher was the best for me.
Old 08-28-2018, 9:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Being pushed from your home by gun laws is about the most un free thing I can think of.
Out of all the reasons to leave California, gun laws don't even register. Not sure what your point is

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:11 PM

You know how to really destroy sports shooting in California? Ban lead ammo at all outdoor ranges for "environmental protection."
Old 02-23-2019, 9:39 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Hey nine mill, did that case ever get adjudicated so you can tell us the outcome and the actual violation your boss was cited for?