Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:05 PM
CASEC's Avatar
CASEC CASEC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 892
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default O7/ SOT in Gilbert, AZ anyone else out here?

Hey this is a great idea for a thread. Anyone else move to Phoenix? Lets get coffee, or shoot some FA Suppressed!
__________________
Nothing I post is legal advice.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:31 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

too hot to shoot still unless it's a short trip or very early.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:42 PM
Socalmp5 Socalmp5 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 655
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEC View Post
Hey this is a great idea for a thread. Anyone else move to Phoenix? Lets get coffee, or shoot some FA Suppressed!
I'm about to be in Peoria. Got anything long range ? 1k+
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:43 PM
CASEC's Avatar
CASEC CASEC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 892
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Rio Salado runs to 800 yards I think


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nothing I post is legal advice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2019, 5:21 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

I have a 1200 yard private range in the west valley. I'm thinking about opening it up to unsupervised memberships so I do not have to babysit people. Limit it to 20 or so members. Yearly membership.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2019, 6:30 PM
Rombot's Avatar
Rombot Rombot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ... formerly San Jose, CA
Posts: 237
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Iím also in Gilbert, just waiting for the Tanto Area to open for shooting again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2019, 7:51 PM
CASEC's Avatar
CASEC CASEC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 892
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
I have a 1200 yard private range in the west valley. I'm thinking about opening it up to unsupervised memberships so I do not have to babysit people. Limit it to 20 or so members. Yearly membership.
Please let me know. I'd love to sign up!
__________________
Nothing I post is legal advice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2019, 7:53 PM
CASEC's Avatar
CASEC CASEC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 892
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombot View Post
Iím also in Gilbert, just waiting for the Tanto Area to open for shooting again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you would be willing to tell me where this area is I would appreciate it.
__________________
Nothing I post is legal advice.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2019, 4:37 AM
Rombot's Avatar
Rombot Rombot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ... formerly San Jose, CA
Posts: 237
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

PM Sent


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2019, 6:43 PM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: not in CA
Posts: 7,278
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEC View Post
Rio Salado runs to 800 yards I think


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben Avery is a lot closer to Peoria. The "Berger" range is 1000 yards, but I don't know how accessible it is on non-match days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
I have a 1200 yard private range in the west valley. I'm thinking about opening it up to unsupervised memberships so I do not have to babysit people. Limit it to 20 or so members. Yearly membership.
You need a Jeep or Jeep-like to get there, right?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2019, 10:35 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Ben Avery is a lot closer to Peoria. The "Berger" range is 1000 yards, but I don't know how accessible it is on non-match days.



You need a Jeep or Jeep-like to get there, right?
Depends on how much you like your car. I prefer it to be rugged terrain to keep riff raff out but the neighbor next to me wants to grade the road. Unless it is wet a high clearance 2wd can get there. I've had customers in new RAV4s make it. A civic would not.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-11-2019, 3:35 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 11,246
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEC View Post
Hey this is a great idea for a thread. Anyone else move to Phoenix? Lets get coffee, or shoot some FA Suppressed!
Check the BATFE website...you can find ffl's in your area by zip code.
__________________
Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-11-2019, 4:18 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEC View Post
Please let me know. I'd love to sign up!
you are in gilbert so it is quite a drive but i have guys that come up from tuscon.

i also have a 40 acre lot in buckeye area that is next to blm. long range can go to 3 miles in theory. i have not touched that lot yet since my 10 acre more fuln to wheel on but it would be much better for normal cars to access. it is smooth graded roads up to the property line. just no natural berms so i have to make some.

i might use that lot as a discounted range since it is very plain but perfect for camping with an rv.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-15-2019, 1:07 AM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: not in CA
Posts: 7,278
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
Depends on how much you like your car. I prefer it to be rugged terrain to keep riff raff out but the neighbor next to me wants to grade the road. Unless it is wet a high clearance 2wd can get there. I've had customers in new RAV4s make it. A civic would not.
My car drags on ordinary speed bumps if I forget to take a case of water bottles out of the trunk after visiting the store.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-15-2019, 1:12 AM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: not in CA
Posts: 7,278
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
you are in gilbert so it is quite a drive but i have guys that come up from tuscon.

i also have a 40 acre lot in buckeye area that is next to blm. long range can go to 3 miles in theory. i have not touched that lot yet since my 10 acre more fuln to wheel on but it would be much better for normal cars to access. it is smooth graded roads up to the property line. just no natural berms so i have to make some.

i might use that lot as a discounted range since it is very plain but perfect for camping with an rv.
Any idea of what a berm would cost to make? I've been in search of a chunk of land around here but none of it has a natural berm. All the land in the canyons is highly populated.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-15-2019, 3:31 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Any idea of what a berm would cost to make? I've been in search of a chunk of land around here but none of it has a natural berm. All the land in the canyons is highly populated.
I guess that depends on how elaborate and the size. Plus access to the property. My 40 acre lot is an easy drive on paved and graded roads. Not much vegetation so berms will be easy to make. I'm thinking of doing 3 or 4 stalls so multiple people can be there safely.

The 10 acre lot is close to a guy that has a large dozer so I might just pay him to update it than rent a skid steer or tractor. He could do the work in 1/10 the time since he is a pro and has a much larger bucket.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-15-2019, 7:23 PM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: not in CA
Posts: 7,278
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
I guess that depends on how elaborate and the size. Plus access to the property. My 40 acre lot is an easy drive on paved and graded roads. Not much vegetation so berms will be easy to make. I'm thinking of doing 3 or 4 stalls so multiple people can be there safely.

The 10 acre lot is close to a guy that has a large dozer so I might just pay him to update it than rent a skid steer or tractor. He could do the work in 1/10 the time since he is a pro and has a much larger bucket.
I would just want a single stall for myself to use. Mostly as a cya so that neighbors that complain about noise, and they will complain, won't get any traction from LE because it will be legal for me to shoot there.

The area I'm thinking of is flat and sound travels a long way. I'd probably be within earshot of 40 or 50 different neighbors.

So do you think it would be 3 figures? 4 figures? 5 (gulp) figures?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-15-2019, 9:17 PM
audiophil2 audiophil2 is online now
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surprise
Posts: 7,566
iTrader: 230 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
I would just want a single stall for myself to use. Mostly as a cya so that neighbors that complain about noise, and they will complain, won't get any traction from LE because it will be legal for me to shoot there.

The area I'm thinking of is flat and sound travels a long way. I'd probably be within earshot of 40 or 50 different neighbors.

So do you think it would be 3 figures? 4 figures? 5 (gulp) figures?
in the mid 4 figure area since you need a big dozer to get berms at least 8 ft high. it is an issue of a tru k and trailer that can haul a dozer and driver amd insurance. a skid steer rents for $250 a day but it won't build berms. those are limited to clearing brush.
__________________

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Beatone's Avatar
Beatone Beatone is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,047
iTrader: 126 / 100%
Default

Once I get settled into my new home i'll contact some of you to go shooting. In the 70's I'd go shooting in the old river bed. Not anymore.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-16-2019, 1:14 AM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: not in CA
Posts: 7,278
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Around here the "old river bed" sand wash got declared a riparian reserve because an inch long frog lives in the river that's 5 miles away.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.