Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Road Roaster Coffee
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Reviews of Road Roaster Coffee

Please place your reviews here. We would love to hear them, good or bad.

Website
Road Roaster Coffee

Calguns Vendor Forum
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...play.php?f=455

20% off of one order. Use Promo Code: calguns

Personally, I post under Nor Cal Scot
Old 02-09-2022, 8:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

A few reviews lifted from a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo
Man that Kick Ash is awesome. I got down to just a little bit left and didn't have enough for a cup so I threw in some of the other med/dark blend, Espress Lane... about 50/50 of the two. It was smooth like hot chocolate or something with coffee smokiness. Damn good.

That Kick Ash though... that is some really good stuff. I haven't gotten to all the others yet from the sampler, only about half. They are all good but I keep going back to that blend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
I brewed some of the Costa Rica yesterday, pour over style. What a smooth cup of coffee. I never had a honey processed coffee before, definitely a winner.

Website
Road Roaster Coffee

Calguns Vendor Forum

Old 02-22-2022, 11:16 PM

“Minis For A Cause” is a good solid all around blend. Med-dark (to most people; I thought Medium). Smooth. Mellow.

More reviews when I get to the rest of the bags.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:24 AM
Bananaed
CGN Contributor

While I'm certainly no expert at cupping and scoring, I have spent a lot of time as a hobby coffee roaster and also have roasted a bit at my friends coffee business which, coincidentally, is not to far from Scots.

I typically use a Goose neck variable temp kettle, an old Italian burr grinder and two aero-press's to make my one cup a day of coffee. Temp, grind and quantity will vary with the beans used. I've always preferred medium to medium light roasts. Contrary to popular belief a darker roast is not a stronger coffee. Lighter roasts will always have more caffeine content. Your coffee to water ratio helps you control the desired strength.

I was lucky enough to win the contest that Scot recently ran and chose the "Coffee of the Quarter" Costa Rica Honey Process. For me it had great body, finish and flavor with some cocoa, sugar and a little fruit. Did I like it? Well I just ordered 2 lbs the other day so there ya have it. Thanks RoadRoasters!

Old 02-23-2022, 2:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskascottr View Post
“Minis For A Cause” is a good solid all around blend. Med-dark (to most people; I thought Medium). Smooth. Mellow.

More reviews when I get to the rest of the bags.
Thank you! Right on. Glad you enjoyed it. Curious which one will be your favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psssniper View Post
While I'm certainly no expert at cupping and scoring, I have spent a lot of time as a hobby coffee roaster and also have roasted a bit at my friends coffee business which, coincidentally, is not to far from Scots.

I typically use a Goose neck variable temp kettle, an old Italian burr grinder and two aero-press's to make my one cup a day of coffee. Temp, grind and quantity will vary with the beans used. I've always preferred medium to medium light roasts. Contrary to popular belief a darker roast is not a stronger coffee. Lighter roasts will always have more caffeine content. Your coffee to water ratio helps you control the desired strength.

I was lucky enough to win the contest that Scot recently ran and chose the "Coffee of the Quarter" Costa Rica Honey Process. For me it had great body, finish and flavor with some cocoa, sugar and a little fruit. Did I like it? Well I just ordered 2 lbs the other day so there ya have it. Thanks RoadRoasters!

"old italian burr grinder" Man, that sounds perfect. And through an aero-press? One of my favorite brew methods! You know how to get a good cup of coffee. Oh, and just an FYI, that Costa is a quarterly coffee, so it'll be done soon. Only have 70 lbs of greens, 60 lbs roasted, left! If that one is not available next time you order, you might want to try Six Speed. It's from The Dominican Republic and a honey process, but considered a red honey. SO, it's fermented a little more and is a bit more complex. Smells so good roasting and turns into a super cup.

Website
Road Roaster Coffee

Calguns Vendor Forum

Old 02-27-2022, 8:20 AM
Bananaed
CGN Contributor

Update on the new 2lbs of the Costa Rica Honey Process that arrived.

This roast looked to be more of a real medium than the first one which I would have called light medium. I think that improved the overall body giving it a smooth viscous mouth feel that lets the flavors linger.

Well done Scot
Old 02-28-2022, 8:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psssniper View Post
Update on the new 2lbs of the Costa Rica Honey Process that arrived.

This roast looked to be more of a real medium than the first one which I would have called light medium. I think that improved the overall body giving it a smooth viscous mouth feel that lets the flavors linger.

Well done Scot
Thank you for your honest review! Roasting honey processed coffee is still a learning process for me. We've had so many fluctuations in the weather lately, that everything is reacting completely different. I took it a little darker this time to slightly bring down the acidity and further develop the flavor. I like where it's at this time and will keep my profile there.

Website
Road Roaster Coffee

Calguns Vendor Forum

Old 04-28-2022, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

Default Simply, amazing!

Scot!

I love the coffee! It brews perfectly from the Breville, Road Zombie rocks.

It also brews deliciously in an Aero Press at work, I'm using Hella Dark here.

I wish I found you sooner, but you have a customer here in me. The girlfriend loves it, and our friends want to try it, I bet they'll enjoy it too.

I appreciate the hand letter with the package you sent my way. It's a great touch!

Now I'm going back to finishing this cup of Hella Dark. I meant to type this review out for you sooner!

Expect more from me in the future. I have lots to finish.
Old 05-02-2022, 1:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

My man! Really appreciate the feedback.

Oh man, the aeropress and hella dark is soooooo good. It's like serious black gold.

Thank you so much for including your friends. That's the best wayfor us to grow our business. Enjoy in good health!!

Scot

Website
Road Roaster Coffee

Calguns Vendor Forum