Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-22-2022, 10:30 AM

Default Ladies forum is dead?

The ladies forum is always so dead…. Any ladies out there building something cool? Recent buys you’re super stoked about?
Old 03-22-2022, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Biden and Putin killed it...

But Trump could bring it back...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 03-22-2022, 4:27 PM
Why Change the Default?
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I think there are women on CG. But there are generally few women-specific issues, and even fewer new ones not addressed already in this short forum

Elsewhere people have suggested removing this forum because of its lack of activity. Personally, I am thankful cooler heads have prevailed.

As things come up, I think it is good/right/nice to have a place where you have a good chance of getting the opinion of other women. And I don't think those things have to happen all that often to justify another (tiny) channel in a forum.

But that's just me...

Katie
Old 03-31-2022, 6:16 PM

NOTE: THIS POST IS IN THE LADIES FORUM

I have been a long time participant of this sub-forum.

I noticed a marked downtrend in participation from women right around the time that the TapaTalk app came out which allowed people to browse CalGuns on their phones. That's fine in itself, except when people would "view new posts" they'd see threads listed, but not know what forum they were posted in. As a result, we'd have a bunch of men jumping into the threads and making ill-advised responses without realizing where they were. When we'd call them out, they'd say, "Oh my bad, not my fault though because I'm using TapaTalk and I didn't know I was posting in the Ladies Forum." As a result, the women had to start posting disclaimers at the post of our posts saying "NOTE: THIS POST IS IN THE LADIES FORUM" to clue people in. Like....see post #2 on this thread. It doesn't help the discussion at all and makes no sense in the context of the Ladies Forum.

Now, just so the fellas don't get upset - men are 100% welcome here! And genuine advice is always appreciated. Truly. But you gotta know your audience and not come blazing in to tell the women, for example, how you think we should wear our holsters, or criticize our gun purchase choices, etc. (Unless you have T&A, then I guess....)

The other issue was that a lot of guys would come in here and post "What gun should I buy for my wife/girlfriend/daughter?" Our answers were most usually "Guide her, but let her choose her own gun." Then a bunch of men would come in and start posting "Buy her X!", "No, buy her Y!", "Buy her a featherweight revolver!" and my personal favorite, "Buy her the gun YOU want and when she doesn't like it, you get to keep it!!". The what gun to buy for my woman threads happened a LOT.

So, most of the ladies got tired and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolocalypso View Post
The ladies forum is always so dead…. Any ladies out there building something cool? Recent buys you’re super stoked about?
Things have been slow due to all of the covid shut downs. Things finally opened up and kinda back to normal now. I've been thinking about getting a Ruger Mini14 for funsies, but I'm still thinking about it.

Old 03-31-2022, 7:03 PM

Something tells me all the guys scare them off... I'm sure some treat this like a dating site lol but when you have a guy to girl ratio of 20,000 to 1 I'm sure it can be overwhelming.
Old 04-01-2022, 6:01 PM
Veteran Member

Default Match Made in Heaven

The Spouse and I each medaled for the Swiss marksmanship standard.

She with the rifle and I with the pistol.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post

The Spouse and I each medaled for the Swiss marksmanship standard.

She with the rifle and I with the pistol.
That’s badass!! Great job both of you!