Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Default holster suggestions

daughter is 100#s if that. her clothing is not exactly "tight" fit. I as pushing her to get her CCW and I am wondering what holsters would you recommend for her? I currently use alien gear and I am happy but I am willing to look elsewhere .

I just found this channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr4...f-ZlJ-bnENaQZg
and I am in the process of going through the videos but suggestions are welcome
getting her a G42-G43 or a bodyguard since she has no issues racking the slide on those.

TIA.
Old 01-08-2022, 5:26 PM

Hi jkcerda, it all depends on where on her body she plans/prefers to carry, the weapon she has for CCW, her clothing, her body shape and her personal preference. She has to try them out for herself. The Ladies Forum has many many threads where people ask about holster recommendations. You can scroll down the page to see the other threads or do a keyword search.

But, the most important part is that she has to try them out for herself to figure out what she likes and doesn't like.
Old 01-14-2022, 5:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What kind of gun? Where is she planning on carrying? Purse or on self?
If you’re in so cal riverside area I have a ton of holsters you’re welcome to paw through. Which reminds me I really need to take some pics nd put them in the for sale section.
Old 01-16-2022, 7:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Not a specific holster, but rather a holster carrier: Philster Enigma. Allows for AIWB carry regardless of what kind of clothes she wears, belt or not--sweats, yoga pants, skirts, etc. It's probably one of the best solutions I've seen for females. Usually IWB/OWB at the 3 o'clock position doesn't work for females because they have curvier hips than men.
Old 01-16-2022, 2:49 PM

Also, (both of you) read the "Choosing Holsters" section of this website:
https://www.corneredcat.com/contents/

Really, the daughter should choose whichever or all the holsters she wants. If you, the OP, wants to order or pay for them, the "knock yourself out"; 'might as well throw in some handbags, clothing, jewelry, and automobiles, too. Buy her a house while you're at it. Really, we want to provide our children with any/all possible, and the desire never stops when it comes to gift-giving to family.
Old 01-16-2022, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
Also, (both of you) read the "Choosing Holsters" section of this website:
https://www.corneredcat.com/contents/

Really, the daughter should choose whichever or all the holsters she wants. If you, the OP, wants to order or pay for them, the "knock yourself out"; 'might as well throw in some handbags, clothing, jewelry, and automobiles, too. Buy her a house while you're at it. Really, we want to provide our children with any/all possible, and the desire never stops when it comes to gift-giving to family.
I saw comic sans and went running.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:14 AM

There's another YouTube channel called Girls With Guns. She does basically all CCW advice.
Old 03-05-2022, 4:24 PM

Alien gear and Vedder both have 30 day money back guarantees, so that might make them worth checking out. I have one of each, and I've returned one of each. Both returns were hassle free.

Hope this helps. I hate spending good money on holsters that dont work for me.