Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-14-2020, 6:42 PM

Default Holster recommendations while pregnant

Ladies (and gentlemen with wives), I need help! I have a CCW and typically carry appendix, however, as my belly is slowly starting to grow, I'm finding it both uncomfortable and unpractical to continue carrying at this position. Does anyone have a holster or system they found worked well throughout their pregnancy? I'm also going to be at my biggest as we get closer to summer and anticipate wearing lots of dresses to keep cool. I've always found it difficult to conceal carry in dresses anyway, since my thighs aren't exactly petite and that's typically the best option in a dress. I'd like to avoid off-body and prefer more rigid holsters (kydex, leather, etc) than just the stretchy/elastic ones, however, I'm open to hearing any ideas. Looking forward to your recommendations.
Old 01-14-2020, 9:29 PM

Bra holster
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/17...g?v=1571737718
Old 01-16-2020, 8:07 PM

Fancypants holsters is what I recommend for this sort of thing. She actually has pregnant ladies that carry in her holsters all the time. She custom makes them and can work around what you need. Have several of her holsters. Not because they don’t last but because I’ve gotten different fabrics etc over the years. She’s even custom made certain colors for me before. Mostly use them now when throwing on sweats, dresses or when I can’t carry as I normally would IWB due to Injury etc . I do have her put the trigger guard in it though as i also don’t like soft holster for safety reasons.
Hope this helps! Congrats on the coming little ones
Old 01-22-2020, 12:16 PM

If you carry (baby) high like me, a bra holster will rub like crazy. My boobs start kind of sitting on my belly until baby drops. But I'm really short torsoed. There isn't anywhere else for it to go. And I get an increased lumbar curve so IWB at 4 o'clock (my normal position) would be too pokey. You might have to shift more toward the hip. Fancypants looks great too, but I have no experience with them. I'd try to make the holster that I have now work in another position though unless you think you'll use your "pregnancy holster" again in the future....or if you find a supplier that accepts returns so you can try them on.