Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-25-2021, 8:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up LA Co Sheriff is now regularly issuing concealed carry permits!

Over the past several months Sheriff Villanueva has started issuing more CCWs. If you have credible threats against your life, if you own a business (e.g., make regular large cash deposits), have a profession (e.g., female RE agents showing residences to strangers alone), or job (e.g., collecting cash rents), that puts you at higher than average risk of attack and want to be able to carry a handgun to defend yourself (and you’re a resident of LA county), you should apply. See: https://lasd.org/ccw/

The CCW Application Advice thread is here:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924
Read through the whole thread at least once and reread all my posts at least once more.

The CGN LA Co CCW thread starts here:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=352761

Sheriff Villanueva announced he’d issue more CCWs last June 15th and we had our first CalGunner get issued on Oct 1st. Since then we’ve had over a dozen get permits.

Share this info with LA Co family, friends, shooting buddettes and any other gals (or guys) that might be interested.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-25-2021 at 8:35 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 9:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Last week we got our first reports of LA Co residents getting issued for Light Green Good Cause (recreational activities risks like hiking in wilderness or transporting guns & ammo to and from shooting ranges). We also heard of some people being issued for Dark Green GC (daily routine risks like feeling unsafe/threatened while commuting by bus).

Use the links above for more information and if you do apply be sure to let the rest of us know how it goes by posting about it here or in the LA Co CCW thread or just PM me if you’d rather stay anonymous.
Old 03-09-2021, 6:26 PM

Never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for the input you've had on this issue, Paladin, and for keeping us informed.
Old 04-05-2021, 8:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Sheriff Villanueva has liberalized Good Cause further: now Recreational Risks (Light Green on the map) can be sufficient Good Cause. (“I take several semiautomatic pistols, rifles and/or shotguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition to and from a shooting range every month. I am at higher risk of being targeted for crime not only because of their value but also because they can be used as weapons.”)
Old 10-15-2021, 9:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

With >10,000,000 residents in LA Co I would have thought more than 1 other poster would have posted here. But then maybe this forum isn’t as active as it used to be.
Old 10-20-2021, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
With >10,000,000 residents in LA Co I would have thought more than 1 other poster would have posted here. But then maybe this forum isn’t as active as it used to be.

You posted this thread in the Ladies Forum. Did you intend to post it in the L.A. forum?
Old 10-31-2021, 5:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
You posted this thread in the Ladies Forum. Did you intend to post it in the L.A. forum?
No, they already know about the historic change of policy over there. I’ve posted it in other areas of CGN to make sure more people know about it since even the MSM doesn’t know about it or is hiding it. As Abigail Adams admonished, “Don’t forget the ladies.”
Old 10-31-2021, 5:47 AM

I finally got authorization to submit my live scan this week (three months after my in person interview), but only after a deputy called me and guided me how to submit documentation for a work related good cause. Both the deputy I met in person and later the one on the phone told me my light green good cause was insufficient and they were only approving employment related causes. From reading other threads, some people have gotten luckier, but that is my experience.

So, long story short, think long and hard about whether you can support a yellow cause rather than a light green one unless you would like to experience additional delays and a possible negative outcome.

Last edited by 12iceman; 10-31-2021 at 5:59 AM..
Old 11-25-2021, 1:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
Plus LA Co has >1/4 of the entire state’s population, so assuming an equal representation here, >1/4 posters in the Ladies Forum live in LA Co.
Old 11-25-2021, 1:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12iceman View Post
I finally got authorization to submit my live scan this week (three months after my in person interview), but only after a deputy called me and guided me how to submit documentation for a work related good cause. Both the deputy I met in person and later the one on the phone told me my light green good cause was insufficient and they were only approving employment related causes. From reading other threads, some people have gotten luckier, but that is my experience.

So, long story short, think long and hard about whether you can support a yellow cause rather than a light green one unless you would like to experience additional delays and a possible negative outcome.
Yes, we’ll probably switch LA to Yellow on next revision of the map. Thanks
Old 11-29-2021, 5:29 PM

Not if the SCOTU decision is in our favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Yes, we’ll probably switch LA to Yellow on next revision of the map. Thanks
Old 11-30-2021, 1:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanejsl View Post
Not if the SCOTU decision is in our favor.
While I long for the day when we can retire the CA CCW GC map that won’t happen before the next update (New Years) and probably won’t happen until between Saint Valentines Day and Independence Day, with the odds being late June. Even then the Court may give the states months to conform their laws and practices to the decision. In Moore the appeals court gave IL 180-days: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_v._Madigan
Old 01-07-2022, 12:50 PM
Calguns Addict

nephew was denied, he is close to 30 and age was mentioned according to him.
Old 01-07-2022, 4:52 PM

Jkcerda— what city is he in and what was his good cause he used?
Old 01-07-2022, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
nephew was denied, he is close to 30 and age was mentioned according to him.
As in he's to young? That's just nonsense. I just turned 24 and I had no problem getting mine... albeit in a far more conservative county.

CCWs-
CA, OR, WA, FL, AZ
Old 02-10-2023, 10:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Well, LA used to be dark red. I'm in San Diego, and a lot of people are getting them.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

Is the new Sheriff Luna continuing to process/approve CCW applications?
Old 02-18-2023, 7:24 PM

Current policy as of Feb 2023

https://lasd.org/ccw/
Each applicant must:

Be of good moral character.
Be a minimum of 21 years old.
Own a firearm, registered to the applicant, in California.
Resides within Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department contract cities or unincorporated communities.

Please note that although Penal Code Section 26155 currently contains a requirement that an applicant demonstrate that “good cause” exists for the issuance of a CCW license, the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen held that New York’s similar “proper cause” requirement was unconstitutional. Therefore, pursuant to Bruen, the Department will not enforce the “good cause” requirement and will not require an applicant to demonstrate “good cause” to qualify for a CCW license. Please note this change is reflected on the DOJ application which was revised in August of 2022 (BOF 4012).