Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 12-28-2022, 5:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Default CZ Scorpion evo 3 pistol currently on sale….

….at Grab a gun. $819.99 including some extras. Smokin deal if you don’t have one already.

Old 12-28-2022, 9:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I thought you were mister roller or radial delayed. Isn't straight blowback too plain for you?

BTW, a friend of mine has one of these. He's not too fond of it.
Old 12-29-2022, 5:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Indeed I have one though and like it. Just need to change out the safety levers so they don’t dig into your hand. Suppress decently too. I haven’t seen these this inexpensive before, even several years ago.
Old 12-29-2022, 5:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Do they make a brace for these?
Old 12-29-2022, 6:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Default CZ Scorpion evo 3 pistol currently on sale….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Do they make a brace for these?

Several. The end plate is removable and braces or a factory CZ stock once SBR tax is paid and received can be easily installed.
Old 12-29-2022, 6:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Several. The end plate is removable and braces or a factory CZ stock once SBR tax is paid and received can be easily installed.

Nice…thx!
Old 12-29-2022, 10:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
I have the tail hook brace and it is awesome

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 12-30-2022, 6:11 AM
Calguns Addict

I’ve never handled one before, but the one constant complaint I seem to see on the internet is a poor trigger. Is it really that bad or are people just expecting a match trigger.
Old 12-30-2022, 6:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Stormvet, It’s not horrible imo. Just a bit heavier and more creep than it should be. It’s not a single stage AR trigger, which is probably what a lot of people compare it to. My biggest complaint is the design of the safety levers. It really digs into your strong side hand behind your trigger finger. First thing many do including myself is install 3rd party safety selectors. It’s got a pretty massive bolt and is straight blow back so there is noticeable recoil. Probably more than you would expect from a 9mm. Again no biggy but noticeable compared to say an HK roller gun or other delayed blowback type operating systems. I’m not a scorpion fanboy by any stretch. At the current on sale price it’s a pretty good deal to get one into the collection if you’re an enthusiast of such things.
Old 12-30-2022, 7:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

But keep in mind the MKE HK clone is still on sale at PSA (as of yesterday anyway) for 999. The CZ is more modern with Pic rails and better modularity though. Plus, accessories are cheaper. Still, roller delaying is not horribly more expensive.
Old 12-30-2022, 8:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
But keep in mind the MKE HK clone is still on sale at PSA (as of yesterday anyway) for 999. The CZ is more modern with Pic rails and better modularity though. Plus, accessories are cheaper. Still, roller delaying is not horribly more expensive.

Between the two Id go mke hk clone all day every day. That’s a really good deal.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

I suspect one day I’ll break down and get something in this type of firearm. I’ve never been a huge fan of PCC’s or H&K type subguns. Have owned a Ruger PCC, gave it to my daughter and have owned a Just Right Carbine for a long time but rarely shoot it. Recently bought the H&K MP5 22 lr and it’s a fun reliable plinker but not sure a 9mm version is something I need or want. That said I’m sure if the 9mm clones weren’t so expensive I’d probably have one, one of the things that holds me back is having to invest in more mags. One that takes Glock mags would be harder to resist.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:30 AM

I have the first version of the EVO 3 S2 Micro, exactly like this pic, with a telescoping SB Tactical brace-

I modified it a bit with a lot of HB Industries replacement parts- grip, safety levers, trigger, trigger springs, charging handle, added a paddle release. Bought a dozen 20 and 35 rd mags. I thought it was a cool shooter, very accurate, and a lot of fun. Then a couple of years later, The HK SP5 was released and I bought one, and that was the end of the Scorpion, haven't touched it since. I'm holding it for my son until he moves out of his current apartment next year.

The platform was a something to get since the MP5 stuff (HK, Zenith) were unavailable, but even now, Zenith's new MP5 clones are out and are awesome, and almost half the price of the HK. For those who have not shot a roller delayed PCC, it beats the snot out of the simple blowbacks of guns like the Scorpion, just a pleasure to shoot.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Old 12-30-2022, 11:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
I suspect one day I’ll break down and get something in this type of firearm. I’ve never been a huge fan of PCC’s or H&K type subguns. Have owned a Ruger PCC, gave it to my daughter and have owned a Just Right Carbine for a long time but rarely shoot it. Recently bought the H&K MP5 22 lr and it’s a fun reliable plinker but not sure a 9mm version is something I need or want. That said I’m sure if the 9mm clones weren’t so expensive I’d probably have one, one of the things that holds me back is having to invest in more mags. One that takes Glock mags would be harder to resist.
You could probably assemble a Glockmag blowback for 5 or 6 hundred. Mine is very simple - PSA lower and a Foxtrot Mike upper.

To be honest, the appeal of a short barreled 9mm is because it reminds me of my friend's MAC subgun. I also had another friend that had a "real" MP5-SD. As real as a non dealer or cop can get anyway. It was an S&H conversion of an HK94. He did quality conversions though, and all the markings on it said MP5.

The other reason to like a full sized PCC is for competition, although I've never shot one in a match. The local matches don't allow them and I haven't gotten the gumption up to travel to a match. Yet. Maybe someday.

There is another reason - you can run around with a long gun and shoot steel at short ranges without fragment worries. If you reload, it's also much cheaper that .223. I think my cost is under 10 cents a round. .224 bullets alone cost about that much.
Old 12-30-2022, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
There is another reason - you can run around with a long gun and shoot steel at short ranges without fragment worries. If you reload, it's also much cheaper that .223. I think my cost is under 10 cents a round. .224 bullets alone cost about that much.
That’s my #1 reason for enjoying all these different pcc’s. Super fun to shoot steel at pistol distances with.
Old 12-30-2022, 2:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

FYI - If you do get the Scorpion, tomorrow is the last day to qualify for the rebate, which is where the backpack and free mags come in. On the PSA page for it, there's a complaint that the guy never got the rebate stuff. He must have the same luck with rebates that I have.