Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 02-15-2010, 9:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Short video tutorial on target pulling in the pits

I was at the range yesterday and was in the pits pulling for my friend on the long line, so I said "What the Hell" and recorded a video on target pulling. Unfortunately, I was woefully unprepared and only had a Canon 7D with a single 8gig CF card. Luckily I brought my tripod.

Anyway, it's split across three individual videos due to youtube filesize restrictions (2gig uploads; the videos are 1080p 24fps).

It's a bit rough. Since it was impromptu and a last minute recording, I didn't work off a script.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

https://www.ocabj.net
Old 02-16-2010, 5:14 AM
Veteran Member

Cool vid.

Thanks.

In Christ: Raymond
Old 02-16-2010, 5:46 AM

That was very informative, thank you.
pg
Old 02-16-2010, 7:01 PM

Great presentation!How about posting the videos in the Santa Margarita Gun Club and California Precision Rifle Club sections, it would be a great help to new shooters that never pulled pit duty.They would have a better understanding of what's expected at High Power and F class matches.
Old 02-22-2010, 3:35 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Not a rifle shooter, but have worked the pit on the 50 yard line at the SFPD range for pistol. You guys are tough
Old 03-10-2010, 8:49 PM
Veteran Member

Excellent video!
Old 03-11-2010, 3:30 PM

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 9:26 PM
Veteran Member

Here! Here! Publish this thing and make it standard education to any rifle shooter.

I quit shooting Long range at Sac Valley because of my frustration with the pit crew. Without fail, there was a total inability of the pit crew to do the pit job to any satisfaction of the shooters. Wasn't just me seeing this. Month after month I recall many shooters, and myself having to call out to the RO to radio down to the pit to wake them up.

When you go to a rifle match, shooting is HALF of your responsibilty at the range that day. Too many "shooters" either think they are special to the point that they don't have to take and follow instruction, or they are too inept to process that instruction. Both of these classes of individual should not be out playing with potentially deadly weapons.

Threre is a lot of time and $$ invested by a serious long range shooter- all that becomes moot when there is improper or incomplete feedback from the pit crew. Frustrating as hell. They are 1000 yards away, they can't hear you yell, and they are too well hidden to fire a warning shot accross the brim of their digi camo hat.