Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Collector's Exchange
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Collector's Exchange Buy, Sell and Trade C&R Items (Those that do not require an 01 FFL Transfer)

Old 06-22-2019, 4:56 PM

Default WTS: Mle.1886 M.93 Lebel, all-matching ANTIQUE

WTS my 1893 dated Mle. 1886 M.93 Lebel long rifle. It is 100% matching and apparently had some work done at a French arsenal, probably between the wars. Prior serial numbers have been cancelled out on some parts and re-stamped with the rifle’s serial number (see pics). It went through the chamber modification to Balle ‘N’ standards as marked on the barrel shank.

The bore is FANTASTIC, and not at all what I would expect from one of these, or any rifle this old. Very bright with very strong lands throughout. The outside of the muzzle experienced some rust at some point, but it does not appear to have intruded into the crown. The elevator and cut off switch work fine. It is missing the front barrel band, but if you pick up one of those it will be complete. These are much harder to locate now after the WWI Centennial, especially in this kind of condition. Includes the pictured ersatz sling. This is an Antique, and does not require an FFL to purchase. I will need a photocopy or scan of your DL for purchase.

$1,175 shipped

Thanks,
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead...Only then will you have done your share."
Old 07-09-2019, 8:59 PM

Rifle is currently SPF.
Thanks to all who expressed interest. If anything changes I will get ahold of you directly, in the order in which I heard from you.
Best-
Pat
"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead...Only then will you have done your share."