Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 11-09-2020, 4:36 PM

Default Rifle Training Advice San Diego Area?

Rifle noob looking for either private training or classes in San Diego area for basic rifle. Will be there mid November on vacation seeing my brother for a bit but come down to the area often.

I’m a pistol shooter normally, but want to add long range rifle. Have a long wishlist of rifles I’m thinking about buying after this 2020 crazy thing is over. I thought basics would be good, get some wisdom from a trainer. I’ll have to rent/use a rifle from the instructor and of course ammo- alas my reloading setup is only good for 9mm at the moment, and no I’m not selling small pistol primers

-D
Old 11-09-2020, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

East Bay?SF?
If SF,I suggest visits to the RRGC 200yd highpower range!There,you will find several competent shooters that will give instruction at no cost as long as you have the interest in highpower.
Even if highpower isnt your game,competition will be one of the best things to advance your skill.
Old 11-09-2020, 8:35 PM
Veteran Member

May want to check out https://tacticalhyve.com/
Old 11-09-2020, 8:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

P2k probably has instructors on site
Old 11-10-2020, 7:46 AM

Are you looking for preciscion rifle shooting long range or carbine up close and fast training?
Old 11-10-2020, 10:26 AM

@highpower790
Yes, I’m eastbay but looking at SD as that’s vacation. Once I’m home between work, family, and they honey-do list hard to find time for fun stuff. Been hard enough to carve regular range time for pistols.

@cal3gunner
Looking at precision rifle primarily, but am also intersted in AR platform as build my own is also on my bucket list. As a rifle noob I’m all over the map on what I want to do next- it ranges from the history buff that is eyeing the M1A or finding a Garand to having fun with a Tikka T3 TAC A1. Figure some hands on of any kind would provide some clarity.

But I sort of look at it this way- if it’s rifle experience in general and things go BANG there really is no downside to it for me. Life is short.

BTW, thanks for the replies, you guys are awesome.