Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions > CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting) This forum is for storing and or easy accessing useful or important threads.

Old 05-12-2008, 8:43 PM

Xenophobe, is it possible to get the info you posted updated as of today.
Old 05-12-2008, 8:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrun45 View Post
Don't know BLM's take on the OLL issue in Shasta County, but I can tell you that they gave me a lot of grief when I was shooting my registered AW's at a designated range when I was a LEO
Iron Mtn???????????/ OLL's there more & more over last 2-3 weeks ,and Olde West is selling at least 2 lowers a week or more ! And Great Outdoors has at least one NEW COMPLETE OLL rifle on their racks week in & week out ...
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 PM

any report in Monterey county??? anybody??? cuz I want to shoot at the laguna seca rifle range ... thx
Old 05-20-2008, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerkingdom01 View Post
any report in Monterey county??? anybody??? cuz I want to shoot at the laguna seca rifle range ... thx
Go ahead very OLL friendly there.
Old 06-07-2008, 7:26 AM

Any updates for San Diego, Riverside or Orange counties?
Old 06-26-2008, 2:01 AM

Default Stanislaus County

Stanislaus County tried to prosecute a gun store for OLL's but quickly realized they were fighting an uphill battle and dropped the charges in the interest of justice. As far as I know they have no interest in further embarassing themselves.
Old 11-07-2009, 1:44 PM
Banned

any updates on alameda county? I know we got irvington arms and chabot gun club which are both OLL friendly, but im wondering abuot any actually cases where people with OLLs were cited?
Old 11-07-2009, 7:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGrossman41510 View Post
any updates on alameda county? I know we got irvington arms and chabot gun club which are both OLL friendly, but im wondering abuot any actually cases where people with OLLs were cited?
Alameda DA's office is aware of OLLs and has already had at least one non prosecute caused by CGF.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 11-18-2009, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

id have to say that OC is a no-go.
youll see 5 cop cars worth of cops giving a skater a tobacco ticket here....
they need 7+ depuity sheriffs incase the 14 yearold decides to actup
Old 01-13-2010, 7:41 PM

Perhaps you are refering to the section that states LEOs can aquire non rostered handguns without the department letterhead. Still need to do the 10 day wait. Letterhead will bypass the wait.

I am not aware of LEOs being to purchase a true AW otherwise. If I'm wrong let me know, that would be great news to my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg17 View Post
I thought that I just read somplace where they were changing the law so that LEO could purchase AW W/O letter from chief.
Old 01-13-2010, 8:53 PM

according to the guys that work at sierra arms in modesto, there are quite a few MPD officers that know they sell OLL and some are OLL owners too.
Old 01-14-2010, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
Was just at T&A a while ago and they are selling Mega OLL's and some uppers and stuff too. Several OLL's on the wall... They are in Orange County/Santa Ana. Don't know if that means much but there they are...
Old 02-19-2010, 4:12 PM

Default Ventura

For what it is worth.

I finished my build (Stag 15 OLL) in Nov. of '09. The ventura city shop where I bought my lower had trouble keeping them in stock. They would get a half dozen or so and they would be gone. When I inquired about the county/city OLL activity I was informed of the multiple purchases by LEOs (cop, sheriff, assistant prosecutors, a sitting judge, and probation officers).

On the whole it would seem that the environment is improving greatly. But Ventura is a bastion of legal hypocrisy, and if you get the wrong guy or are a total tool yourself, you could expect trouble. Which you would then have to fight your way out of.

On a side note. I have heard of people shooting in our local national forest, and having run ins with Fish and Game, as well as Rangers. No successful prosecutions for legit OLL's to my knowledge.
Old 02-20-2010, 8:25 AM

[QUOTE=GTIdentity;3835062]

On the whole it would seem that the environment is improving greatly. But Ventura is a bastion of legal hypocrisy, and if you get the wrong guy or are a total tool yourself, you could expect trouble. Which you would then have to fight your way out of.

I personally just expect trouble with my OLL simply because it seems that not very many LEO's are well informed about OLL's. Let's face it, in it's truest form Oll's are a way "around" the law, but still legal. My best friend is a cop and even he doesn't know the intracacies of OLL's, even though he is purchasing one. I expect to be arrested etc. if a cop pulls me over with my OLL in my car. Yes, it's legal, yes I will be absolved, but it might cost me a night in jail and a court date. I just accept it and move on. Not all cops will even try to understand if you explain it. I do take some precautions like keeping the Sac PD memo in my range bag with all paperwork related to my Oll. You are correct on being a tool. That amplifies your chances of getting in trouble by a large margin.

Last edited by champion; 02-20-2010 at 8:26 AM.. Reason: rewording.
Old 02-20-2010, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
I think Riflegear is in OC? They have OLL's and it was packed the other day when I went in. There were probably 20 people in there, which is a lot considering their tiny space.
Old 02-20-2010, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viagrow View Post
Perhaps you are refering to the section that states LEOs can aquire non rostered handguns without the department letterhead. Still need to do the 10 day wait. Letterhead will bypass the wait.

I am not aware of LEOs being to purchase a true AW otherwise. If I'm wrong let me know, that would be great news to my ears.
This thread may shed some light. I think different PD's have different rules regarding whether or not you can keep the rifle when you retire and whether or not you can use it as a personal weapon. My buddies dept. allows their officers to have AW's as both personal/duty weapons.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=39737

Last edited by champion; 02-20-2010 at 8:37 AM.. Reason: additional info.
Old 03-09-2010, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

FYI OC area CHP donot even know what an OLL is....fyi