Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions > CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting) This forum is for storing and or easy accessing useful or important threads.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Head Janitor

Default A Reminder

As the end of the year approaches and we look back on the ground we've gained, the victories we can claim and the ones we see ahead let's remember something before we get too carried away.

As we have seen our actions and words have consequences and impact.
There have been good things that have come from our efforts and discussions. How many OLLs are in California now? How long ago was it that individual gun owners, grassroots movements and National organizations all were able to work together to have the impact we've had? When was the last time the DOJ was called to account for their actions and inactions to the people they are suppose to represent?
There have been some bad things that have come out of our words and expressions. There were many smaller consequences but the biggest one brought on by our words was the near loss of Calguns itself. No one has shown that the DOJ contacted Ramon but many suspect it and with good provocation.

We know for sure now that we are being watched and that our posts are being read. Given how many people we KNOW about, how many more are there that haven't been revealed?

As I have said before and it is becoming more true now, we are being perceived as the face of California firearms enthusiasts by much of our State Officials and Legislators. The impressions we give are watched and judged and will be used to our detriment if we give them a chance. Or we can force them to realize that we are not the rabble and unwashed masses they have been lead to believe by being what we are. People of every race, age group, gender, tax bracket, education level and creed, all working toward a goal of ensuring our freedoms are able to be passed down to our children and grandchildren.

This doesn't mean we have to agree with those Officials and Legislators but it does mean that we should treat them with the intelligence and professionalism we want them to treat us with. At worst we will still fight and scrape to secure those freedoms but we will do it with dignity and honor. At best we may find less opposition then we expect or at least a passive resistance. All for the cost of exercising our intellect, integrity and honor. Pretty cheap isn't it?

Calguns will remain, and we will continue to fight for our rights and freedoms but remember when you speak (post) you're not just speaking for yourself. This is the cost of stepping into the light and standing on the front lines.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

+1 to everything you said, except....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll
Or we can force them to realize that we are not the rabble and unwashed masses they have been lead to believe by being what we are.
does that mean I have to take a shower instead of spending my soap money on ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
HK is the best $500 gun you can get for $1,000
Old 12-06-2006, 11:32 PM

This post needs a sticky ASAP!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone
This post needs a sticky ASAP!
+1

That is one hell of a post Kest
Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak338
+1

That is one hell of a post Kest
At the expense of sounding cheesy I'd almost say this post is kinda like the scene in Braveheart where he rides out and gives the speech in his warpaint.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Default good point

Maybe we are getting a little too full of ourselves.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone
At the expense of sounding cheesy I'd almost say this post is kinda like the scene in Braveheart where he rides out and gives the speech in his warpaint.
The scary part is I do own a few kilts. One formal modern, one pre-pleated 'cheater' that was actually in the Liam Nesson movie Rob Roy and a traditional 'yards long piece of wool that I can fold and wear in the traditional manner.

But I do not do face paint, that was the Picts anyways, and you will definitely not be seein' me ruddy bum!
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
But I do not do face paint, that was the Picts anyways, and you will definitely not be seein' me ruddy bum!
Just wanted to chime in and say that I am a decendant of the Pict.

Easiest way to tell? They are the source of all red hair in the world. If you have red hair, you are part Pict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
HK is the best $500 gun you can get for $1,000
Old 12-07-2006, 5:49 AM
Veteran Member

Big +++111:d

CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 6:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

This serves as another reminder I need to send in my support check. I keep forgetting.
Old 12-07-2006, 6:26 PM

Well said.

And Kestryll...

I proudly wear my great grandfather's "swinging six" with my kilt. He was drum major for the Argyle band.

Bikerscum
Old 12-08-2006, 3:06 PM

Kestryll (Head Janitor) Your point is well taken and needed to be posted. Luckily, with few exceptions, those forum members that post here impart many good points and thought provoking ideas. Some are obviously very learned. New readers get pointers on where to go to get valid legal opinions and where to access the text of the pertinent gun laws. I'd bet those that are supposed to enforce and interpret our state gone laws are surprised, when porous our banter, to find we're not all mouth-breathing-red-necks (myself being the exception).
Old 01-23-2007, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutcliffe
Maybe we are getting a little too full of ourselves.
I agree that folks need to keep it all in perspective as 200 and something of us know all to well the negative effects of internet chest thumping.
Old 01-26-2007, 4:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Kestryll - Thanks for the writing, and to all here who make this one of the shortlist of sites I regular. For OLL's, this has been basecamp for all who have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerAce
They are the source of all red hair in the world. If you have red hair, you are part Pict.
Not sure on the Picts being the source of all red hair in the world, from an anthropological point of view. Saying this though I am told from my mothers side I am also a descendant of these people.
Old 01-26-2007, 9:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Calguns will remain, and we will continue to fight for our rights and freedoms but remember when you speak (post) you're not just speaking for yourself. This is the cost of stepping into the light and standing on the front lines.
Well spoken Kes!

Best!
Ben.

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 03-12-2007, 6:15 PM

Amen to KestryII’s sermon. I am a recent addition to the Calguns forum and find it to be very valuable. Many of my recent purchases have been based solely off of the discussions that take place in these forums.
Old 09-05-2015, 1:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
As the end of the year approaches and we look back on the ground we've gained, the victories we can claim and the ones we see ahead let's remember something before we get too carried away.

As we have seen our actions and words have consequences and impact.
There have been good things that have come from our efforts and discussions. How many OLLs are in California now? How long ago was it that individual gun owners, grassroots movements and National organizations all were able to work together to have the impact we've had? When was the last time the DOJ was called to account for their actions and inactions to the people they are suppose to represent?
There have been some bad things that have come out of our words and expressions. There were many smaller consequences but the biggest one brought on by our words was the near loss of Calguns itself. No one has shown that the DOJ contacted Ramon but many suspect it and with good provocation.

We know for sure now that we are being watched and that our posts are being read. Given how many people we KNOW about, how many more are there that haven't been revealed?

As I have said before and it is becoming more true now, we are being perceived as the face of California firearms enthusiasts by much of our State Officials and Legislators. The impressions we give are watched and judged and will be used to our detriment if we give them a chance. Or we can force them to realize that we are not the rabble and unwashed masses they have been lead to believe by being what we are. People of every race, age group, gender, tax bracket, education level and creed, all working toward a goal of ensuring our freedoms are able to be passed down to our children and grandchildren.

This doesn't mean we have to agree with those Officials and Legislators but it does mean that we should treat them with the intelligence and professionalism we want them to treat us with. At worst we will still fight and scrape to secure those freedoms but we will do it with dignity and honor. At best we may find less opposition then we expect or at least a passive resistance. All for the cost of exercising our intellect, integrity and honor. Pretty cheap isn't it?

Little gems hidden all over this site.
Old 11-11-2016, 5:47 PM

Very well said.
This was written before I was a member but it is still relevant and true.
Thank you.