Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > United Sportsmen, Concord
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2023, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
I went a few months back, there was a guy and a lady. The guy def had an attitude. He asked if I had watch the safety video, test etc. Then if I have been there before, I said yes with my purple card so it had been a while.

His response was "then you havent been here before" Anyways, I kept smiling as he checked me in. Just funny how some people are. Range was nice to shoot at again though. Been a member since Life Member since 2014 or so.
Is that the short guy? The same guy who told me "people never went outside around the building to get onto the range."

Old 11-25-2023, 6:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv3062 View Post
Is that the short guy? The same guy who told me "people never went outside around the building to get onto the range."
I guess? he was a older thinner? white guy I think he has glasses.

But ya I remember the OG with Long hair, we check in at the window and go "around the building". He was cool, I dont remember his name but he was cool.

I know Mike who is one of the range officers now.
Miss the good ol days, 7$ for members. 25$ is just a bit too much to go more often.
Old 11-25-2023, 7:58 PM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
I guess? he was a older thinner? white guy I think he has glasses.

But ya I remember the OG with Long hair, we check in at the window and go "around the building". He was cool, I dont remember his name but he was cool.

I know Mike who is one of the range officers now.
Miss the good ol days, 7$ for members. 25$ is just a bit too much to go more often.
Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 12-23-2023, 6:22 PM

I signed up a few months back to get on their email mailing list for matches and events. Never got a thing.

I was talking to someone today at RRGC and they mentioned an upcoming IDPA match. I've only shot USPSA and I am interested in trying IDPA.

The Website for Diablo Action Pistol has all information in Latin when you scroll down and click the links. https://diablorodandgun.com/action-pistol-v2/

USI does have a calendar but I don't see matches posted, just practice times for RO's and some Saturdays Action Pistol. Is that $25 to practice? RRGC is only $7.

Practiscore shows an Orientation to Action Pistol Class scheduled for Feb 3. Is that necessary to take if you already have USPSA classification in order to shoot a match or practice?

I'm trying to find some different clubs to shoot matches in. I love Richmond , but sometimes I can't make a match. Both USI and RRGC are not far from me. Linden sounds fun but that's a far drive.

I am also interested in Steel Challenge. Any pointers would be appreciated about local IDPA or Steel Challenge matches are appreciated.
Old 12-28-2023, 7:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Diablo (USI) has practices every Saturday except on a 5th Saturday of the month and on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 2 to 5. There is usually a USPSA practice bay and either 3 or 4 steel challenge bays. You have to be action pistol qualified: Either you have taken the class from a USPSA club or are already a USPSA or SC classified shooter. I believe the same from IDPA will also suffice. They also have I-Core matches for the revolver guys and gals.

For a Diablo member without an USI discount card it costs $10.00, I think non-members can practice for $15.00.

Some plans I've heard about are to start IDPA matches every other month and to have a USPSA classifier match on the 5th Sunday, which should be a couple of times a year.

Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

Last edited by BrassCase; 12-28-2023 at 7:44 AM..