Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 06-29-2013, 9:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalDustin View Post
If you dont know if its a good time to buy or sell... you shouldnt do either because you dont understand the only two reasons to own metals.
NO ONE OWNS THE METAL. THE METAL WILL OWN YOU.

Last edited by dadoody; 06-29-2013 at 9:50 AM..
Old 06-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripon83 View Post
In the last 2 days $1 trillion in wealth was eliminated from the planet. Just FYI
actually the wealth wasn't eliminated ,it is in the pockets of those who sold the gold at the higher prices. Remember for some one to make money it takes someone else with money "usually" to part with it.
Old 06-30-2013, 4:56 PM

Gold is now very close to its actual production value - $1,000/oz or so.
Old 06-30-2013, 5:25 PM
Banned

Pre market:
Gold $1,223
Silver $19.62

Silver did breach $20 for about an hour in Australia before Hong Kong markets opened.
Old 06-30-2013, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Yep, I am going with the temporary floor and waiting as well. And none of my local coin shops are selling Silver rounds.
buy from jewelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 07-02-2013, 6:11 PM

Perfect time to buy
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyenchilado View Post
Perfect time to buy
Not Yet.

Gold dips as low as $1,210
Silver dips as low as $18.65

Wait and be rewarded.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman19 View Post
Not Yet.

Wait and be rewarded.
I disagree. Buy now, then buy more if it continues to dip. Wait and you'll miss the boat.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:37 PM

I'm still expecting $17 silver and $1000 gold. Anything below those levels will be short lived as the world sees the buying opportunity.
Old 07-05-2013, 1:07 PM
King- Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Gold.

I still say it will be a long slow grind back to the cost of production + a little profit.

You can't eat it or carry much of it. It's a fear based hedge that will fluctuate in price depending solely upon the near term economic opportunity and/or fear thereof.
Old 08-11-2013, 5:12 PM
Banned

Is physical Gold now in short supply? Are all the shorts in a squeeze play currently when the yellow metal has lost it's luster? Are banks around the world losing faith in fiat quietly?

Gold/Silver look primed for a little run atm, this could get interesting !
Old 08-11-2013, 6:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Is physical Gold now in short supply? Are all the shorts in a squeeze play currently when the yellow metal has lost it's luster? Are banks around the world losing faith in fiat quietly?

Gold/Silver look primed for a little run atm, this could get interesting !
Gold is "fiat currency" as well. The only REAL currency is sweat labor.
Old 08-11-2013, 6:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
Gold is "fiat currency" as well. The only REAL currency is sweat labor.
Have to disagree with you. Gold requires $1,200+ of energy to get in your hands while a piece of paper money only takes .02 cents.
Old 08-11-2013, 6:19 PM
Banned

Understanding Gold Backwardation and GOFO.

Keep your ears to the ground preppers/survivalist, the last time this happened was 2008. It could be signalling the loss of faith in global currencies. Man your battle stations !

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article41787.html

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/07/sko...negative-gofo/
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 AM

In the end most of us here aren't commodity traders so wouldn't it be better for us to buy the silver/gold and just sit on it for 10+ years? Most of us little people would get wiped out trying to time the market with one bad trade.

In addition, if I may add, the value of a silver dollar to the paper dollar has been appreciating steadily. If you buy a silver dollar and just sit on it you could cash it in for retirement, no?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syferstream View Post
In the end most of us here aren't commodity traders so wouldn't it be better for us to buy the silver/gold and just sit on it for 10+ years? Most of us little people would get wiped out trying to time the market with one bad trade.
Yes, you could get wiped out.

Backwardation (spot commodity price greater than futures) is common in consumable commodities like grains, etc., in which case it indicates demand for the consumable which cannot be satisfied by taking delivery on the futures contract.

Spot trading higher than the future does not occur often in gold and in my view its does not signify anything more significant than a temporary price dislocation since large quantities of gold are not consumed in the way that corn, for example, may be consumed, but instead gold is mostly shuffled around in global financial markets.

I would not attribute anything very significant to "gold backwardation" unless it persists and increases. If that occurs in a major manner than there will still be time to "get on the train" but, of course, then when whatever is causing the price dislocation stops; watch out below!
Old 08-14-2013, 3:35 PM
Banned

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldne...orld_News.html

Get your ticket to the greatest show on earth, she looks ready to bloooooow !
Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
It really is impossible to tell which way it is going to go at this point. It could slowly climb back to $30 and above or it could quickly fall back to the eighteen range and even dip lower for brief periods. No one know for sure what is going to happen. That "no one" includes the silver pumpers like King World but it also includes the corporations manipulating the market because not all the variables are under their control or forecasting ability either.

With that said a smart investor should dollar cost average over a long period to build a significant position. Just be sure to watch your premiums when making small purchases. If you expend a little effort you can find dealers that are reasonable on smaller purchases. I would avoid attempts at market timing but you can buy a little extra on the good dips. Be sure to DYODD!
Sound advice.

There is also a chance we are now on the precipice of financial Armageddon.
The gold is gone, China, Russia and India have been hording it for sometime. Silver because it has industrial uses could slow in sales which drives the price south some but....$17 Trillion debt $40 Trillion with unfunded liabilities and $ 1,000 TRILLION of derivatives. We are a train wreck and we may be knocking on Mr. Collapses door.
Old 08-15-2013, 1:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Just checked, gold is at $1482 and silver is at $25.70 an ounce. These have not been this low in two years.

Thoughts on the next year? Time to buy or time to sell?
Buy imo, it is time. Next year the green back you hold could be worthless.

Old 08-15-2013, 1:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sound advice.

There is also a chance we are now on the precipice of financial Armageddon.
The gold is gone, China, Russia and India have been hording it for sometime. Silver because it has industrial uses could slow in sales which drives the price south some but....$17 Trillion debt $40 Trillion with unfunded liabilities and $ 1,000 TRILLION of derivatives. We are a train wreck and we may be knocking on Mr. Collapses door.
Actually the "string pullers" just dumped gold and got INTO the stock market (Herbal life, Apple, ect).

Im not sure what to think about that????

Oh and its 650 trillion in Unfunded liabilities, 90 trillion of debt, over 300 trillion in bad credit swap paper

Last edited by problemchild; 08-15-2013 at 1:04 PM..
Old 08-15-2013, 1:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually the "string pullers" just dumped gold and got INTO the stock market (Herbal life, Apple, ect).

Im not sure what to think about that????
They are dumping ETF's for the most part and shorting them which requires the funds to sell physical which China snaps up, melts down the Bundesbank mark, checks purity and re stamps. Germany's gold is long gone as is every other central banks stash who was foolish enough to let it out of their basement. The elite are not selling physical, that would be absurd.
Old 08-16-2013, 3:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
They are dumping ETF's for the most part and shorting them which requires the funds to sell physical which China snaps up, melts down the Bundesbank mark, checks purity and re stamps. Germany's gold is long gone as is every other central banks stash who was foolish enough to let it out of their basement. The elite are not selling physical, that would be absurd.
Gold is "Fiat" currency as well. The only thing NOT fiat is a pound of beef, an ear of corn or 1 hours labor by a man working.
Old 08-16-2013, 4:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Got a link?

Quote:
Got a link to prove the elites are not selling? Soro's has played with the Gold and Silver markets for many years now, he reportedly "sold" already so maybe you are right - he's not sellnig.

Though when you say the "elites" are not selling and its 'absurd" to think they would be - could you at least prove it?
Old 08-16-2013, 4:14 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman19 View Post
Not Yet.

Wait and be rewarded.
And a month later gold is $1377
and silver is $23

A lot of people are saying that the prices bottomed out on June 28th.
Old 08-16-2013, 4:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Buy imo, it is time. Next year the green back you hold could be worthless.

They are speculating that in 12 months, gold and silver will be double what the bottomed out price was so:

Gold will be about $2400
Silver $36
Old 08-16-2013, 5:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR310 View Post
They are speculating that in 12 months, gold and silver will be double what the bottomed out price was so:

Gold will be about $2400
Silver $36
"They"?
Old 08-16-2013, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Gold is "Fiat" currency as well. The only thing NOT fiat is a pound of beef, an ear of corn or 1 hours labor by a man working.
If by "fiat" you are implying that Governments or people can alter the "value" of gold, then dont for a second think that a pound of beef, ear of corn, or 1 hours of labor are not also altered by those same governments or people. I think you are attempting to apply the theory of intrinsic value a little too basically. I assure you that someone who owns a cattle ranch, a corn field, and machines to harvest the yields of both, sees less value in those products and his labor, when compared to someone who does not have the items mentioned or a way to harvest the yields. Where gold stands apart, is its store of value; that may change its exchange amounts, but it is still there.
Old 08-16-2013, 6:47 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
"They"?
Sorry for not citing sources, my mind is failing me in my old age as I approach 35 lol.

Eric Sprott

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle13765335/

http://ericsprott.blogspot.com/

I like to listen to the podcast on http://allamericangold.com/radio.html
Old 08-16-2013, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Sprott?

I have a hard time thinking a man selling a gold and silver ETF as being credible and reliable. In fact he sold off his own ETF shares then announced as much later when he said they didn't have the silver to back that one up. Look it up. He is no better than Soro's to me

Quote:
Sorry for not citing sources, my mind is failing me in my old age as I approach 35 lol.

Eric Sprott

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle13765335/

http://ericsprott.blogspot.com/

I like to listen to the podcast on http://allamericangold.com/radio.html
Old 08-16-2013, 7:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Got a link to prove the elites are not selling? Soro's has played with the Gold and Silver markets for many years now, he reportedly "sold" already so maybe you are right - he's not sellnig.

Though when you say the "elites" are not selling and its 'absurd" to think they would be - could you at least prove it?
http://www.ibtimes.com/central-banks...3-gfms-1019680

"

Central banks last year added the most gold to reserves since 1964 and will likely remain an important force in the gold market in 2013. Supported by solid investment demand, the gold price is expected to climb toward $1,900 an ounce and average records in the first half of this year, according to Thomson Reuters GFMS.

In 2012, net official sector gold purchases totaled 536 metric tons, up 17.4 percent on the year, GFMS said Wednesday in a report. The world's central banks have been net buyers of gold since 2008. They are expected to buy another 280 tons in this year’s first half.

“With continued monetary loosening in advanced economies, demand for gold as a reserve asset from developing countries will remain strong in 2013,” the report, which was released Wednesday, said."
Old 08-16-2013, 7:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have a hard time thinking a man selling a gold and silver ETF as being credible and reliable. In fact he sold off his own ETF shares then announced as much later when he said they didn't have the silver to back that one up. Look it up. He is no better than Soro's to me
There is a BIG difference between holding paper or holding physical gold. No where do I see Soro's sold any physical gold he may have had.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/15/inve...old/index.html

These guys aren't stupid, they know every physical ounce is owned by almost 50 individuals. If it isn't in your hand, you own squat.
Old 08-16-2013, 9:04 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If it isn't in your hand, you own squat.
Hell Yeah!
Old 08-16-2013, 9:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Default So you have an opinion?

And stated it as a fact.

The fact is the central banks add to reserves almost every year. Next it's based on dollar value no ounces or such making the increases in 11-12 quite substantial.

And central banks = elites? That's also an opinion. And again individual elites have no records showing they've done any thing with gold or silver....as you improperly asserted.

Quote:
http://www.ibtimes.com/central-banks...3-gfms-1019680

"

Central banks last year added the most gold to reserves since 1964 and will likely remain an important force in the gold market in 2013. Supported by solid investment demand, the gold price is expected to climb toward $1,900 an ounce and average records in the first half of this year, according to Thomson Reuters GFMS.

In 2012, net official sector gold purchases totaled 536 metric tons, up 17.4 percent on the year, GFMS said Wednesday in a report. The world's central banks have been net buyers of gold since 2008. They are expected to buy another 280 tons in this year’s first half.

“With continued monetary loosening in advanced economies, demand for gold as a reserve asset from developing countries will remain strong in 2013,” the report, which was released Wednesday, said."
Old 08-17-2013, 6:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
And stated it as a fact.

The fact is the central banks add to reserves almost every year. Next it's based on dollar value no ounces or such making the increases in 11-12 quite substantial.

And central banks = elites? That's also an opinion. And again individual elites have no records showing they've done any thing with gold or silver....as you improperly asserted.
Rip your argument is majorly flawed:

Globally, there are 150 central banks. They’re owned and controlled by descendants of 13 of the world’s richest banking families, many of whom who begot their fortunes began centuries ago financing wars for Kings and nations, and usury interest from capitol loaned. Original owners include the Rothschild’s, Warburg’s, Oppenheimer’s, and Schiff’s.

These central banks are controlled from a square mile area located in the middle of London known as The City — the richest square mile on earth—from which the world’s finances are controlled through the banks; which are located in the world’s strategic countries; so named because of the natural resources they possess.

http://www.dailypaul.com/279600/who-...r-bank-account
Old 08-17-2013, 6:35 AM
Banned

Rip

You are arguing with someone most likely much more adept to the financial markets than you. I have bought and sold metals since 1979, I have had a securities brokers license in the "past" to advise clients on proper investment strategies. I have never lost money in the metals game. I sold a multi-million dollar annuity for the company I worked for in the mid 70's, being the youngest to ever do so for them with a company history of over 250 years.

http://www.gold.org/government_affai...ld_agreements/

"Western central banks have more than a decade-long history of gold Agreements with each other and with the private sector."

"This Agreement also included two important departures from the prior Agreements.
First, the collective ceiling was reduced so that "annual sales will not exceed 400 tonnes and total sales over this period will not exceed 2,000 tonnes", 500 tonnes lower than the 2,500 tonnes five-year ceiling provided for in the second Agreement."

Not opinions my friend. Central banks and the elite that own them have been net sellers of gold many many many years in their attempt to print themselves unlimited wealth, which they have done a pretty good job of.
Old 08-17-2013, 6:51 AM
Banned

Quote:

Gold will be about $2400
Silver $36
Here is a couple of charts that are interesting. Those figures you post are attainable based on this theory.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/07.13/weapon.html
Old 08-17-2013, 7:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Wow

While I appreciate your response was courteous and all, I really do, its hard for me to hold back when someone who is a self proclaimed metals dealer is on here saying "buy buy buy" and presenting opinions as facts like "the elites" are buying not selling when you have NO evidence of that.

I do not trust Sprott - he sells ETF's for metals. I do not know you, but you have admitted your a broker - so you only make commission if someone buys and sales.

This is why I hold PM's for SHTF and for SHTF only - I think a lot of people who manipulate metals (not you) in the media deserve PRISON. I am speaking of Soros and the like.

Quote:
Rip

You are arguing with someone most likely much more adept to the financial markets than you. I have bought and sold metals since 1979, I have had a securities brokers license in the "past" to advise clients on proper investment strategies. I have never lost money in the metals game. I sold a multi-million dollar annuity for the company I worked for in the mid 70's, being the youngest to ever do so for them with a company history of over 250 years.

http://www.gold.org/government_affai...ld_agreements/

"Western central banks have more than a decade-long history of gold Agreements with each other and with the private sector."

"This Agreement also included two important departures from the prior Agreements.
First, the collective ceiling was reduced so that "annual sales will not exceed 400 tonnes and total sales over this period will not exceed 2,000 tonnes", 500 tonnes lower than the 2,500 tonnes five-year ceiling provided for in the second Agreement."

Not opinions my friend. Central banks and the elite that own them have been net sellers of gold many many many years in their attempt to print themselves unlimited wealth, which they have done a pretty good job of.
Old 08-17-2013, 7:13 AM
Banned

Good video from a silver bug but none the less informative.

http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/
Old 08-17-2013, 7:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
While I appreciate your response was courteous and all, I really do, its hard for me to hold back when someone who is a self proclaimed metals dealer is on here saying "buy buy buy" and presenting opinions as facts like "the elites" are buying not selling when you have NO evidence of that.

I do not trust Sprott - he sells ETF's for metals. I do not know you, but you have admitted your a broker - so you only make commission if someone buys and sales.

This is why I hold PM's for SHTF and for SHTF only - I think a lot of people who manipulate metals (not you) in the media deserve PRISON. I am speaking of Soros and the like.
"past" I was an investment adviser, I no longer am anything but a maintenance man. Metals are tricky and if you read a few pages back I felt the price would collapse further than it did. I believe we are now in a bull trend, DYODD I am a buyer.
Old 08-17-2013, 7:42 AM
Banned

Gold is still "Fiat" currency no matter what explanation is given. Bottom line is a group of men got together and decided that shiny metal gold in color had intrinsic value for X reasons.

Like I said the only thing NOT fiat is sweat labor. Sweat labor produces all other things, like food and gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconsnake View Post
If by "fiat" you are implying that Governments or people can alter the "value" of gold, then dont for a second think that a pound of beef, ear of corn, or 1 hours of labor are not also altered by those same governments or people. I think you are attempting to apply the theory of intrinsic value a little too basically. I assure you that someone who owns a cattle ranch, a corn field, and machines to harvest the yields of both, sees less value in those products and his labor, when compared to someone who does not have the items mentioned or a way to harvest the yields. Where gold stands apart, is its store of value; that may change its exchange amounts, but it is still there.

Last edited by problemchild; 08-17-2013 at 7:44 AM..