Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Power is out in town.

Has been since about 4pm yesterday. Fired the gen set up and things are seamless. We have about 500 + gallons of propane to keep things running till they fix the lines.

The Ranch has been without power since the last storm. PGE says could be another week out there.

My neighbor came over and wanted to know why our power is still on. Showed him the gen set. You can't even hear the Honda EB 11000 even running. Told him to run a extension cords to the garage to run his fridge and freezer. He didn't even have a 100 ft extension cord, had to loan him one.

We got about 6 inches of snow in town and 2 feet on top of a foot of snow at the ranch. We also loaned him a couple of kerosene lanterns so he could see.

They are coming over for lunch and dinner as they have no way to cook.

Don't be a pilgrim.
Old 02-10-2019, 1:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Has been since about 4pm yesterday. Fired the gen set up and things are seamless. We have about 500 + gallons of propane to keep things running till they fix the lines.

The Ranch has been without power since the last storm. PGE says could be another week out there.

My neighbor came over and wanted to know why our power is still on. Showed him the gen set. You can't even hear the Honda EB 11000 even running. Told him to run a extension cords to the garage to run his fridge and freezer. He didn't even have a 100 ft extension cord, had to loan him one.

We got about 6 inches of snow in town and 2 feet on top of a foot of snow at the ranch. We also loaned him a couple of kerosene lanterns so he could see.

They are coming over for lunch and dinner as they have no way to cook.

Don't be a pilgrim.
You're a good neighbor.. hopefully this is a wake up call for him and he just doesn't figure that his plan in an emergency is to just mooch off of you. lol

A Honda 11,000??? wow.. how bit/much is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 02-10-2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
You're a good neighbor.. hopefully this is a wake up call for him and he just doesn't figure that his plan in an emergency is to just mooch off of you. lol

A Honda 11,000??? wow.. how bit/much is that?
Brand new I paid about 4500 for it with the remote and the propane kit. Runs the complete house just loafing. Uses less fuel than my old EB 5000 working its tush off. With propane, fuel never gets stale.

The guy is a doctor, my wife works with in surgery sometimes . He has already asked where and who he can get to install one. Great guy and I don't mind a bit.

The missus made pie for dessert. Doc's wife doesn't cook for spit.
Old 02-10-2019, 3:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Be a good scout. Be prepared. Do a good turn daily.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 02-10-2019, 3:52 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Kevin, you are a prince of a fellow etc etc. In a small Bible Study about 2 yrs ago this sort of topic came up, " we'll come by your ( MY ) house for food when the shtf, disaster hits etc two guys said, one a pastor, NO YOU WON'T I replied, take care of yourself, you know enuff to get ready yourselves. This not the same as your neighbor with a good snow issue. He came over and asked. The guys I refer to informed me they would just come over and I would supply them etc. Amazing the entitlement attitude they showed.

May the Good Lord Bless you Kevin

Psalm 1
Old 02-10-2019, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
Hi Kevin, you are a prince of a fellow etc etc. In a small Bible Study about 2 yrs ago this sort of topic came up, " we'll come by your ( MY ) house for food when the shtf, disaster hits etc two guys said, one a pastor, NO YOU WON'T I replied, take care of yourself, you know enuff to get ready yourselves. This not the same as your neighbor with a good snow issue. He came over and asked. The guys I refer to informed me they would just come over and I would supply them etc. Amazing the entitlement attitude they showed.

May the Good Lord Bless you Kevin

Psalm 1
My family always comes first. Saying that I would have a difficult time turning good people away that are in need. I sure don't ever want to be in that position.

The Doc made a list of things he needs in case of the power going out again. He said that he will be ready next time.

Thank you for your Blessing, and may the Lord always have his hand on your shoulder guiding you.