Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 02-13-2021, 1:22 PM

Default CCW clothes for 6'2 280lb dude.??

So with summer coming around I was looking at clothes I can wear for my EDC (sig 238) that is more comfortable. Last year I mostly just used a DeSantis Pocket holster and that was fine for the most part. However, when in a vehicle the seatbelt recepticle and seatbelt really blocks access, moving from the pocket holster to the holster mounted in my truck requires me to deholster.
IWB & OWB means more struggles with the seatbelt ( I know this probably plagues alot of CCW holders) OWB for me in a T-shirt means even with a 238 I print alot. And due to my size most even 2xl Tshirts don't completely cover it if I raise my arms. I will continue to do my research but are there shorts that have a way to holster, like in cargo shorts on the thigh? Or any improvements to my OWB or IWB carry that someone could suggest I will take as well.
Yes I'm dieting and excercising so I know that will help as well. I need something in the meantime.
Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense
Old 02-13-2021, 1:34 PM

Try looking into 2 XL tall shirts. I'm 6'1" XL shirts don't work for me. I am picky with shirts and I only buy XL tall shirts. This could be something to start with.
Old 02-13-2021, 2:58 PM

You know I'll try that. I picked up a Carhart xl tall shirt for work and it's not something I'd wear off duty but the long torso does cover me better. I'll try looking for tshirts like that.
Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense
Old 02-13-2021, 3:09 PM

Eddie Bauer stocks tall sizes. Works for long torsos and/or COVID weight increases. The extra length comes in t-shirts, polos, flannels, jackets, coats, etc.

(I should get a commission for as often as I've touted their sizing!)
Old 02-14-2021, 7:56 PM

I'll check them out. Does anyone know of anyone who makes shorts that allow like a thigh carry? For me and in my vehicle that would be a good compromise between comfort and accessibility, without making me change holsters