Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 03-31-2021, 9:53 PM

Default Officer Chauvin’s Show Trial Will Bring the End of Law and Order

By Paul Craig Roberts

The United States now has attributes of the 20th century totalitarian regimes that it opposed. The New York governor is implementing the hated Soviet internal passport that prevents freedom of movement, and the illegitimate Biden regime is working with private firms to create a nationwide internal passport.

American elections mean no more than Soviet ones. As Stalin said, it is who counts the votes that matters.

Soviet show trials are now the new normal for American “justice.”

As an example, consider the highly orchestrated show trial of Officer Chauvin accused of George Floyd’s death currently underway. Yesterday, the second day of Officer Chauvin’s trial was “eye-witness day.” Eye-witness Donald Williams told the prosecutor, Steve Schleicher, that “I believe I witnessed a murder.” Eye-witness Alyssa Funari said, “I was upset because there was nothing that we could do as bystanders except watch them take this man’s life in front of our eyes.” Eye-witness Darnella Frazier said, “When I look at George Floyd I look at, look at my dad. I look at my brothers, cousins, uncles, because they are all Black. I have a Black father, I have a Black brother, I have Black friends. And I look at that and I look at how that could have been one of them.”

I believe these witnesses are describing what it seemed like to them. Donald Williams believes that he witnessed a murder. It certainly can look like that to everyone who does not have all the information. Thanks to the media, all the information is missing.

Among the missing information is the medical examiner’s report that finds three times the fatal dose of fentanyl in George Floyd’s blood. The medical examiner reports “No life-threatening injuries identified. No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures.” The medical examiner reports extensive heart disease: Arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe; Hypertensive heart disease.

Fentanyl causes breathing problems and death when overdosed.

As police audio/video show, Floyd complained to police of breathing problems prior to being restrained on the ground. He complained of breathing problems while sitting in the police car.

When Officer Chauvin arrived, he recognized a drug overdose problem and called for medics, an inexplicable decision if he intended murder.

Officer Chauvin restrained Floyd using a police-approved technique that has been used many times without killing anyone. Chavin restrained Floyd in order to prevent Floyd from agitated behavior that would exhaust the little oxygen able to get into his system. The knee-hold does not prevent the flow of oxygen.

Practically alone among the print, TV, radio, and Internet media, I reported the facts of the situation. See here, here, here, here, here, and here . . . "
Full article: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/04/...law-and-order/
Old 04-20-2021, 9:49 PM

This whole situation is a tragedy.

NRA Member
Old 04-21-2021, 8:44 AM
Calguns Addict

“Well, first what was done to George Floyd by officer Chauvin was inexcusable morally, but the verdict is very questionable, because of the outside influences of people like Al Sharpton and people like Maxine Waters,” he said. “Their threats and intimidation and hanging the Sword of Damocles over the jury and basically saying, if you don’t convict on the murder charge and all the charges, the cities will burn, the country will be destroyed—seeped into the jury room because the judge made a terrible mistake by not sequestering the jury.”
I can criticize Waters, I can criticize Sharpton. These folks took what they did right out of the playbook of the deep south in the 1920s, when prominent public officials would whoop up the crowds in front of the courthouse demanding conviction of black people and acquittal of white people. And the Supreme Court and other courts reverse convictions based on that, because jurors should not be intimidated or influenced by what goes on outside the courtroom.

https://www.newsweek.com/alan-dersho...4mB2GoUk-0ynCI

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-21-2021, 8:47 AM

Reminds me of that saying....

How’s it go?

Something like,

“It’s better to have 10 innocent men locked up them one guilty man walk free.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-21-2021, 9:55 AM

[QUOTE=OCEquestrian;25686372]“Well, first what was done to George Floyd by officer Chauvin was inexcusable morally, but the verdict is very questionable, because of the outside influences of people like Al Sharpton and people like Maxine Waters..."

This is my take as well. Every trained LEO knows or should know about the dangers of positional asphyxia. Setting the neck restraint aside, a subject should never be left restrained on their stomach once secured. Heck, one of the other officers on scene even mentioned that risk to Chauvin and he said something to the effect of "no, we are good here." Is that murder? No. But is it negligence? Maybe.

What is the rationale for the neck restraint after the subject lost consciousness? At that point, he is not resisting anymore. What is the rationale for leaving the subject in a position where positional asphyxia is a known risk?

Further, Chauvin is no angel. In addition to this case, he is facing up to 22 years in prison for various state tax felonies because he filed false returns that did not report his moonlighting income from the nightclub where he worked with Floyd.

There are many other cops I feel bad for over Chauvin. I feel bad for the cop who shot Mike Brown in Ferguson where a thorough FBI investigation showed the "hands up don't shoot" narrative was 100% a lie and that Brown's DNA was covering the entire driver's seat and window of the patrol car (corroborating that the situation was a life and death fight over the officer's pistol). I feel worse for the Border Patrol agent who was charged with murder and later acquitted for shooting across the border at drug runners throwing grapefruit-sized rocks at his head in 2012. Lastly, I feel worse for the Chicago officer who is now being crucified because he's supposed to have a supernatural reaction time when confronting a teenager with a gun in a dark alley at 2:30 am.