Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-13-2023, 8:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedabizness View Post
According to my IA, CCW's can be unilaterally revoked. There is no right to hearing our appeal. Of course, these are the same folks who claim carry is a privilege.
OK, but have they done so?
Old 04-13-2023, 9:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
I'm not saying it's an allowable infringement, but SCOTUS isn't going to overturn a good cause requirement AND the permit requirement when they weren't asked to in the first place. The attorneys felt that a step-by-step approach instead of an all out 2A grievance case would garner the necessary votes to win.
No the permit cannot be terminated w/o notice/due process. I think that'll be the case in even the most anti-gun states.
If the case were simply about a privilege based upon objective criteria then SCOTUS wouldn't be going into 2A text history and tradition. All that would be required is a 14A equal protection analysis case closed, similar to how that guy Billy Jack used to get clients CCWs back in the day. I'll point out SCOTUS ruled the right belongs to all the people, not just some meeting the issuing authority's definition of need.
Is that substantive and procedural due process?
Old 04-13-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Is that substantive and procedural due process?
It would a violation of due process be IF you had a vested interest of a civil / constitutional right.

The fact that no IA will give prior notice of revocation with the opportunity to be heard prior to that revocation should tell you whether the State believes you have that vested interest or not.

Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

My Utubery
Old 04-13-2023, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
OK, but have they done so?
Umm, NO. They haven't issued it to me, yet.
Old 04-13-2023, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
So, what happens if someone is arrested for OC in California after Bruen?

If LEO arrest and the state prosecutes the defense under Bruen is that States cannot ban the public carry of arms and cannot ban OC even if they allow CC. (see generally Bruen at 41-51)

The result is that the trial court has no option except to dismiss because the SCOTUS opinion supersedes any California precedent to the contrary.

So, is Bruen the law of the land and applicable in California or not? The "technical" aspect that it hasn't been litigated here is irrelevant because the end result is that OC cannot be banned under the Constitution. Additionally, the fact that there is currently no permit system available for most of California already in place for bearing arms openly must mean that the legislature believes that no permit should be required for OC in most of California. This defeats the "permit required" allegation.

So, is OC legal here as it stands right now or not?
Let's find out. You go first. {There actually is a county oy permit system for open carry but no one issues them.]
Old 04-13-2023, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It would a violation of due process be IF you had a vested interest of a civil / constitutional right.

The fact that no IA will give prior notice of revocation with the opportunity to be heard prior to that revocation should tell you whether the State believes you have that vested interest or not.
My question was Socratic. Clearly a subtantive denial of a Constitutional right. Play with this if you haven't already. https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...-canon#fn9art3
Old 04-13-2023, 2:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So, what happens if someone is arrested for OC in California after Bruen?

If LEO arrest and the state prosecutes the defense under Bruen is that States cannot ban the public carry of arms and cannot ban OC even if they allow CC. (see generally Bruen at 41-51)

The result is that the trial court has no option except to dismiss because the SCOTUS opinion supersedes any California precedent to the contrary.

So, is Bruen the law of the land and applicable in California or not? The "technical" aspect that it hasn't been litigated here is irrelevant because the end result is that OC cannot be banned under the Constitution. Additionally, the fact that there is currently no permit system available for most of California already in place for bearing arms openly must mean that the legislature believes that no permit should be required for OC in most of California. This defeats the "permit required" allegation.

So, is OC legal here as it stands right now or not?
Define "legal." The more difficult question is if the arresting officer and others in the prosecutorial chain have qualified immunity. Do far I don't know that a court has ruled that any Calfornia code section is void ala Bruen.
Old 04-13-2023, 2:40 PM

Quote:
My question was Socratic. Clearly a subtantive denial of a Constitutional right. Play with this if you haven't already. https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...-canon#fn9art3
Plus there is typically a requirement that there be cause and a hearing for revoking a license, such as a business license, liquor license, driver's license, etc. A CCW should be treated no differently irrespective of the constitutional issue.
Old 04-13-2023, 2:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Define "legal." The more difficult question is if the arresting officer and others in the prosecutorial chain have qualified immunity.
I don't think they do under the cases, even if SCOTUS keeps QI around (probably a majority of justices hate it).

Furthermore, the associated municipality likely faces Monell liability.

AG opinion notwithstanding. Bonta's letter even warned the IA's to get their own counsel, and not to take his letter as legal advice.
CRPA Mag Must Retract Erroneous Bulletin Slamming Gun Trusts
Radio ads: http://Protect.FM
FREE training: http://guntrust.org
FREE design meeting: http://Protect.LIFE
Old 04-13-2023, 4:45 PM

Default Ca v. Diaz; Order Sustaining Demurrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxa1 View Post
Would someone provide a link to the judge's opinion in this case?
Forgot where I downloaded this from, but here's Judge White's order on the Demurrer.
Old 04-13-2023, 5:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calfunk View Post
Forgot where I downloaded this from, but here's Judge White's order on the Demurrer.
SWEET!
Old 04-13-2023, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
Let's find out. You go first. {There actually is a county oy permit system for open carry but no one issues them.]
At my recent CCW application/Livescan interview I asked about this, as I live in one of those under 200k pop Counties.

The Deputy said - "why would you want to open carry? You're about to get a CCW and even if you don't have one you can CCW while hunting and fishing. No, we don't issue open carry permits."

In case you were wondering.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calfunk View Post
That is a great read. The judge, despite knowing the ramifications of his decision, applied the law objectively. No twisting, contortions, or justifications necessary.
Old 04-14-2023, 2:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

That's because that portion of the law was created with a may-issue license in mind, and it hasn't been challenged post-Bruen. I agree it should be changed, but it may require an instance where someone loses their CCW on flimsy grounds (parking tickets or some non-violent misdemeanor,exc.).

Also, doesn't CA at least notify the permit holder that their license is being revoked?
Old 04-16-2023, 12:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
That's because that portion of the law was created with a may-issue license in mind, and it hasn't been challenged post-Bruen. I agree it should be changed, but it may require an instance where someone loses their CCW on flimsy grounds (parking tickets or some non-violent misdemeanor,exc.).

Also, doesn't CA at least notify the permit holder that their license is being revoked?
Pc 26195(b)(3) If the local licensing authority revokes the license, the Department of Justice shall be notified of the revocation pursuant to Section 26225. The licensee shall also be immediately notified of the revocation in writing.
Old 06-01-2023, 8:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 06-02-2023, 5:33 AM
Veteran Member

The last thing filed was status reports, but it's not super interesting,

Quote:
STATUS REPORT Plaintiff's Response to Discovery Order ECF 191, page 5, part 11 filed by Plaintiff Charles Nichols. (Nichols, Charles) (Entered: 03/20/2023)
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...8404.194.0.pdf

Quote:
STATUS REPORT Attorney General's Discovery Status Report filed by Defendant Xavier Becerra. (Haddad, Lara) (Entered: 03/20/2023)
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...8404.195.0.pdf
Old 06-04-2023, 2:18 AM

How does one even come to the conclusion that crystal meth and firearms are one in the same. Pretty sure a preschool child could tell the difference between a baggy of crystal meth and a firearm. I will go one step further explain to me how firing a firearm alters ones mental condition like crystal meth does when ingested. There are laws protecting the possession of firearms and none for the possession of crystal meth. There fore not any comparison what so eveq.
Old 06-05-2023, 2:19 PM

I went to https://michellawyers.com/nichols-v-harris/ and I was astounded that this case has been dragging on for 12 years. Short of reading 12 years of filings and 21 pages of posts, Can somebody give the synopsis of this case and its evolution? What is the connection to Peruta?
Old 06-06-2023, 7:51 AM
Veteran Member

Peruta was about discretionary licensing for concealed carry - especially given open carry is illegal. The 9CA "2A 2-stepped" it - sidestepping the question of whether there is a right to SOME manner of carry outside the home - which was the specific question litigated - and upholding May Issue under rational basis (dressed up as intermediate scrutiny)

Nichols' case (rightly or wrongly) has always been about the right to open carry outside the home. He writes some good stuff (and some stuff that drives a lot of people here, including and maybe especially, the lawyers) nuts.

Last edited by Drivedabizness; 06-06-2023 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-06-2023, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

What I don't get is the perceived animosity between the open carry and concealed carry advocates, which I believe stems from a belief that a state can get away with allowing one of the two and still comply with the right to bear.

I can't go along with that kind of thinking. Even if one is allowed, the denial of the other is still an infringement. I suppose that kind of thinking goes along with dong the two step, as arguably the infringement is less as long as one form of carry is allowed.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What I don't get is the perceived animosity between the open carry and concealed carry advocates, which I believe stems from a belief that a state can get away with allowing one of the two and still comply with the right to bear.

I can't go along with that kind of thinking. Even if one is allowed, the denial of the other is still an infringement. I suppose that kind of thinking goes along with dong the two step, as arguably the infringement is less as long as one form of carry is allowed.
I agree. Infringement is infringement no matter how you try to slice it.
Old 06-06-2023, 2:30 PM
Veteran Member

Concealed carry activists most likely live in highly politically-unfavorable areas, urban and dominated by Democrats, where open carry is not socially permissible, even if legal.

Open carrying in these places risks getting the police called by 5 hysterical gun banners every hour. Dealing with a police response while open carrying is a high-risk situation.

I understand their concern. To be clear, I believe both should be legal.

Last edited by AlmostHeaven; 06-06-2023 at 6:00 PM.. Reason: Clarified a point
Old 06-06-2023, 5:21 PM
Veteran Member

Lock up/fine enough "offended" reporters and it will stop.

The busy body Karens lack courage
Old 07-21-2023, 2:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
ORDER from Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals filed re: Notice of Appeal to 9th Circuit Court of Appeals 168 filed by Charles Nichols. CCA # 14-55873. Charles Nicholss motion for an extension of time in which to file a petition for rehearing and rehearing en banc, filed September 14, 2022, is hereby GRANTED. The petition for rehearing shall be filed with the court on or before August 18, 2023. GRANTED. (car) (Entered: 07/21/2023)
I guess he's requesting re-hearing and needs more time.
Old 07-22-2023, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinsinia View Post
I guess he's requesting re-hearing and needs more time.
Fairly standard, almost no one files a petition without requesting an extension of time. The court routinely grants ONE extension without requiring cause.

In this case Mr. Nichols probably has to go back and dig through his mountain of case paperwork to see what's been ordered and argued just to refresh his own memories as well as create some sort of statement of the case as it exists today before he can begin to present his new petition. A daunting task.

Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

My Utubery
Old 07-22-2023, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostHeaven View Post
Concealed carry activists most likely live in highly politically-unfavorable areas, urban and dominated by Democrats, where open carry is not socially permissible, even if legal.

Open carrying in these places risks getting the police called by 5 hysterical gun banners every hour. Dealing with a police response while open carrying is a high-risk situation.

I understand their concern. To be clear, I believe both should be legal.
One should not have to "deal with police" merely for carrying arms. Any hysterical Karens can be told by dispatch that it's not illegal and that officers will NOT be responding to their call.

The police should consider doing a PSA about it and make sure that the public understands that open carry isn't unlawful and that 911 calls are a waste of resources which could also result in the caller being arrested.

My Utubery
Old 07-22-2023, 10:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
One should not have to "deal with police" merely for carrying arms. Any hysterical Karens can be told by dispatch that it's not illegal and that officers will NOT be responding to their call.

The police should consider doing a PSA about it and make sure that the public understands that open carry isn't unlawful and that 911 calls are a waste of resources which could also result in the caller being arrested.
I gotta salute the reasoning and analysis contained in this posting. Can't argue with the logic expressed here.

Now let's get back to the real world. What do you think is gonna happen when when the police give the "Karen Admonishment" and the involved subject then does a mass shooting? I agree that this scenario has a "one in ten million" chance of occurring, but when the U.S population is over 330 million, it's gonna happen.

When I was a very new patrol deputy, we had a person call the station to report that he was being threatened by his roommate. It was a very busy day in the field, calls were backed up, and the desk deputy assessed that this was not a very meritorious call. He gave what would today be termed the "Karen Admonishment." The caller became angered that no unit would be responding to his call. He asked "what if he comes after me with a gun." The deputy replied that if that occurred, that we would send a unit and ended the call. Remember that all of the conversation is recorded. The roommate then came back with a gun and shot the caller, who then died at the scene. Deputies then responded. What do you think happened after the recordings were reviewed?
Old 07-22-2023, 10:28 AM

So what does this latest petition for re-hearing mean? This case is going back for a new hearing at the 9CA in light of Bruen? What?s the next step here?
Old 07-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I agree completely with your principles and wish more Americans held them.

However, I must reiterate, in highly politically-unfavorable areas, urban and dominated by Democrats, where open carry is not socially permissible, even if legal, local government officials will never allow law enforcement to adopt a policy of ignoring such calls. Liberal activists would vote the city council, police chief, and district attorney out of office to ensure that officers do respond to every hysterical report made about someone visibly carrying a firearm.
Old 07-23-2023, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
I gotta salute the reasoning and analysis contained in this posting. Can't argue with the logic expressed here.

Now let's get back to the real world. What do you think is gonna happen when when the police give the "Karen Admonishment" and the involved subject then does a mass shooting? I agree that this scenario has a "one in ten million" chance of occurring, but when the U.S population is over 330 million, it's gonna happen.

When I was a very new patrol deputy, we had a person call the station to report that he was being threatened by his roommate. It was a very busy day in the field, calls were backed up, and the desk deputy assessed that this was not a very meritorious call. He gave what would today be termed the "Karen Admonishment." The caller became angered that no unit would be responding to his call. He asked "what if he comes after me with a gun." The deputy replied that if that occurred, that we would send a unit and ended the call. Remember that all of the conversation is recorded. The roommate then came back with a gun and shot the caller, who then died at the scene. Deputies then responded. What do you think happened after the recordings were reviewed?

Quote:
I agree completely with your principles and wish more Americans held them.

However, I must reiterate, in highly politically-unfavorable areas, urban and dominated by Democrats, where open carry is not socially permissible, even if legal, local government officials will never allow law enforcement to adopt a policy of ignoring such calls. Liberal activists would vote the city council, police chief, and district attorney out of office to ensure that officers do respond to every hysterical report made about someone visibly carrying a firearm.

There is no obligation for the police to protect anyone. And, when you fabricate a basis to try to impose an obligation for the police to protect an individual at the expense of Constitutional Rights, your fabrication becomes nothing more than a blanket denial of Rights. Worse, when you then attempt to justify that denial of rights on the basis of someone keeping or not keeping their elected office, you reduce our God Given and Enumerated Constitutional Rights to less than the ability of some unnamed bureaucrat or hired government flunky to keep their paycheck.

Exercising my Rights is not illegal. If some Karen can't handle it, they need to be the one getting the admonishment not me. Nor should my Rights be curtailed merely because someone in office or government employ might be inconvenienced or lose their job. Even merely considering the possibility is repugnant to the concept of liberty.

My Utubery
Old 07-23-2023, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There is no obligation for the police to protect anyone. And, when you fabricate a basis to try to impose an obligation for the police to protect an individual at the expense of Constitutional Rights, your fabrication becomes nothing more than a blanket denial of Rights. Worse, when you then attempt to justify that denial of rights on the basis of someone keeping or not keeping their elected office, you reduce our God Given and Enumerated Constitutional Rights to less than the ability of some unnamed bureaucrat or hired government flunky to keep their paycheck.

Exercising my Rights is not illegal. If some Karen can't handle it, they need to be the one getting the admonishment not me. Nor should my Rights be curtailed merely because someone in office or government employ might be inconvenienced or lose their job. Even merely considering the possibility is repugnant to the concept of liberty.
To exclusively cite principles and logic ignores the reality on the ground in liberal areas.

I categorically support open carry and the right to exercise individual liberties without harassment from law enforcement. I merely stipulate that people who visibly display weapons in densely populated urban environments will cause panic and generate significant police responses. Therefore, I never open carry in suburban or urban environments, regardless of its legal status.
Old 07-24-2023, 6:36 AM

Quote:
To exclusively cite principles and logic ignores the reality on the ground in liberal areas.

I categorically support open carry and the right to exercise individual liberties without harassment from law enforcement. I merely stipulate that people who visibly display weapons in densely populated urban environments will cause panic and generate significant police responses. Therefore, I never open carry in suburban or urban environments, regardless of its legal status.
A liberal's silly hysterics do not overrule Constitutional Rights and the law. Putting a bunch of Karens together in one place doesn't change that one tiny bit.

Anyone who gets upset merely because someone carries a gun openly needs to be told in definite terms that if they don't shut up, they're going to be the ones arrested and prosecuted. Eventually even the dumbest rocks will get the message.

My Utubery
Old 07-24-2023, 6:36 AM

P.C. 148.5 filing a false report. Misdemeanor up to 6 months in county jail or 1000 dollars base fine. I’m not arguing the open vs concealed carry tactically superior deal. We have rights or we don’t. A right unexercised for fear of causing a stir is a right lost. Urban Karens can always move to New York or Chicago where they will be safely shielded from all things worrisome. Yes, I would rather choose the method of carry that best suits the situation, but refuse to ask government permission or pay fees to exercise my pre-governmental rights.
If that means open carry, then that is what I will do! I’ll be horse whipped if offending some ninny socialist, changes my actions.
Old 07-24-2023, 6:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbair View Post
P.C. 148.5 filing a false report. Misdemeanor up to 6 months in county jail or 1000 dollars base fine. I?m not arguing the open vs concealed carry tactically superior deal. We have rights or we don?t. A right unexercised for fear of causing a stir is a right lost. Urban Karens can always move to New York or Chicago where they will be safely shielded from all things worrisome. Yes, I would rather choose the method of carry that best suits the situation, but refuse to ask government permission or pay fees to exercise my pre-governmental rights.
If that means open carry, then that is what I will do! I?ll be horse whipped if offending some ninny socialist, changes my actions.
Offending libtards is what the 1st Amendment is for!
Old 07-24-2023, 7:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

That's all really groovy, but you dodged the question. To repeat:

"Now let's get back to the real world. What do you think is gonna happen when when the police give the "Karen Admonishment" and the involved subject then does a mass shooting?"
Old 07-24-2023, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbair View Post
I?m not arguing the open vs concealed carry tactically superior deal. We have rights or we don?t. A right unexercised for fear of causing a stir is a right lost. Urban Karens can always move to New York or Chicago where they will be safely shielded from all things worrisome. Yes, I would rather choose the method of carry that best suits the situation, but refuse to ask government permission or pay fees to exercise my pre-governmental rights.
What places do you think I am even discussing? This entire thread, I have been referring precisely to deep blue safe spaces like the ones you mention.

San Francisco and Los Angeles are just as, if not even more, liberal than New York and Chicago. Even if open carry becomes legal on paper in California, we will still not be able to safely exercise the right in the counties of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara, among others.

Once upon a time, I lived in San Jose. I know for a fact that panicked urbanites will dial 911, the police will respond, and no Supreme Court decision will make one iota of difference.

The local political reality is an integral part of the tactical discussion. Open carrying in an area and having the local population summon a SWAT team to shoot you is just as much of a problem as a criminal stealing your gun out of the holster.

Feel free to disagree, but I believe open carry is unexercisable in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Los Angeles. Does this mean I am against open carry in general? Absolutely not. Instead of rehashing the same Constitutional principles repeatedly, I would like someone to volunteer to open carry in San Francisco if Nichols v. Newsom succeeds, and open carry becomes legal in the State of California. I recommend livestreaming on YouTube for lawyers to review the inevitable police interaction.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What places do you think I am even discussing? This entire thread, I have been referring precisely to deep blue safe spaces like the ones you mention.

San Francisco and Los Angeles are just as, if not even more, liberal than New York and Chicago. Even if open carry becomes legal on paper in California, we will still not be able to safely exercise the right in the counties of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara, among others.

Once upon a time, I lived in San Jose. I know for a fact that panicked urbanites will dial 911, the police will respond, and no Supreme Court decision will make one iota of difference.

The local political reality is an integral part of the tactical discussion. Open carrying in an area and having the local population summon a SWAT team to shoot you is just as much of a problem as a criminal stealing your gun out of the holster.

Feel free to disagree, but I believe open carry is unexercisable in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Los Angeles. Does this mean I am against open carry in general? Absolutely not. Instead of rehashing the same Constitutional principles repeatedly, I would like someone to volunteer to open carry in San Francisco if Nichols v. Newsom succeeds, and open carry becomes legal in the State of California. I recommend livestreaming on YouTube for lawyers to review the inevitable police interaction.
I open carried in Sacramento. No one call 911. Police didn't shoot me.

Id open carry at venues in San Francisco. Makes no difference to me irrespective of the politics.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-25-2023, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
That's all really groovy, but you dodged the question. To repeat:

"Now let's get back to the real world. What do you think is gonna happen when when the police give the "Karen Admonishment" and the involved subject then does a mass shooting?"
Is that what happened when all those people used to OC at Starbux? Is that what happens in Az or Vermont, or any of the Constitutional carry states?

There is no obligation on the part of the police to come to anyone's aid. If someone calls and complains about a "man with a gun" who is doing nothing more than OC, then the caller needs to be told what the law is.

If the "man with a gun" turns into a homicidal lunatic, then "Karen" should have armed herself and made sure she knew how to use her arms before the bad guy showed up. Otherwise she's stuck in a position of calling for help from the police which has no legal or social obligation to do anything. Tough luck but that's the way it is and she made the voluntary choice to be a victim by refusing to protect herself and expecting someone else to do it for her. Someone who has no legal obligation to do so.

In the end your argument is about the optics after an event. Actual reality trumps that position since; 1) statistically the odds aren't in favor of it happening and 2) that's not the law even if it did.

My Utubery

Last edited by rplaw; 07-25-2023 at 7:31 AM..
Old 07-25-2023, 9:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I’m your huckleberry…

https://www.YouTube.com/R8OWNspU_yE

Last edited by Paladin; 07-28-2023 at 10:04 PM..