Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM

Has anybody received one of the 20", Hunter, Heavy, 1x10 Twist, DPMS, Matte Black (#1492310) barrels?

I've tried calling Numerich but they seem to have no information beyond what is listed on the website.

If anybody has one and could tell me any of the following dimensions I'd sure appreciate it!

I'd like to know how much the barrel weights, the diameter at the gas block, the diameter at the portion under the handguard and what length gas system it uses.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 01-29-2015, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duck View Post
I think you should decide on what rail you want to go with. Most, if not all the good ones come with their own barrel nut to mount their proprietary rails on, so you probably could save a few bucks just by waiting on that.

I like AeroPrecision's system and their interesting way they install the barrel, but I'll probably go Mega because I like the options they provide to cover both competing .308 platforms
Good advice. I contacted them via their FB page and they said their 308 rails will come with their own barrel nut.

Now if they would just release it already. I'm almost tempted to get that Fortis rail with the quick release lever.
Old 01-29-2015, 5:57 PM

Here you go:

weight: 2 lbs 11 oz
GB diam: .750"
under handguard diam: .755"
Rifle length gas
*non-threaded muzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Has anybody received one of the 20", Hunter, Heavy, 1x10 Twist, DPMS, Matte Black (#1492310) barrels?

I've tried calling Numerich but they seem to have no information beyond what is listed on the website.

If anybody has one and could tell me any of the following dimensions I'd sure appreciate it!

I'd like to know how much the barrel weights, the diameter at the gas block, the diameter at the portion under the handguard and what length gas system it uses.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 01-29-2015, 6:23 PM

Anyone know what the coupon code is today? Thanks...
Old 01-29-2015, 6:46 PM

Great - thanks for the information kpinole!

Have you had a chance to shoot yours yet; what do you think of it?
Old 01-30-2015, 7:12 AM

Haven't finished building mine yet. However, I'm really impressed with the barrel quality, especially at this price.
Old 02-04-2015, 1:41 PM

Now that a bunch of us have our barrels and are working on our builds, where is everyone getting their A2 buffer tube, buffer, and spring.

It seems most everyone is backordered or out of stock.

Of the ones that I've found, they are usually UTG or some other kind of junk.
Old 02-04-2015, 1:44 PM

JSE Surplus for my misc parts
Old 02-04-2015, 2:06 PM

Yup, JSE. I got my lpk from them too.
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Old 02-04-2015, 8:57 PM

Thanks adam and drew! Was able to find what I needed.
Old 02-05-2015, 8:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Got my aero a5 rails and uppers yesterday. I'll be posting up some pics with the hunter barrels installed soon
Old 02-05-2015, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Now that a bunch of us have our barrels and are working on our builds, where is everyone getting their A2 buffer tube, buffer, and spring.

It seems most everyone is backordered or out of stock.

Of the ones that I've found, they are usually UTG or some other kind of junk.

Really?? Have you actually tried it? Or just spewing sh1t out your stinky mouth? UTG sells good stuff believe it or not. I suggest you give them a try and not knock on them if you haven't. You'd be surprised where a lot of your name brand parts are actually made. But I don't have the time to explain that to you since you obviously don't know jack squat about this industry and are just a label whore. Keep paying premium pricing for what you think is premium product when most of it comes off the same assembly line. I've been in this industry for over 10 years and it upsets me when I see stupid comments like yours. It's usually the new guys with no experience or knowledge with firearms who will make absurd comments. Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't make you an expert. Work in this industry then you'll learn a thing or two; until then, don't say anything bad about someone's business unless you can prove it.

And you'd be surprised where the ladies from JSE get all their product. I'm not saying, but at least they have my respect because they're honest.

Last edited by aaaslayer; 02-05-2015 at 9:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Bought my 308 rifle stock UTG rifle stock and spring kit combo all in one package for 60.00 from JSE.

Very happy with the product.
Old 02-05-2015, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaslayer View Post
Really?? Have you actually tried it? Or just spewing sh1t out your stinky mouth? UTG sells good stuff believe it or not. I suggest you give them a try and not knock on them if you haven't. You'd be surprised where a lot of your name brand parts are actually made. But I don't have the time to explain that to you since you obviously don't know jack squat about this industry and are just a label whore. Keep paying premium pricing for what you think is premium product when most of it comes off the same assembly line. I've been in this industry for over 10 years and it upsets me when I see stupid comments like yours. It's usually the new guys with no experience or knowledge with firearms who will make absurd comments. Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't make you an expert. Work in this industry then you'll learn a thing or two; until then, don't say anything bad about someone's business unless you can prove it.

And you'd be surprised where the ladies from JSE get all their product. I'm not saying, but at least they have my respect because they're honest.
I see I got your panties in a bunch. Have I tried UTG/Leapers? Why yes I have. Abit this was years ago. So I have every right to be "spewing sh1t out your stinky mouth?" if my experience with their stuff was less than great.

Maybe UTG has gotten better over the years. Maybe it hasn't. But I do have direct first hand experience with their products and each one has failed outright or let me down. Rails out of spec, finish wearing off prematurely, deformations.

I'm not stupid enough to waste my money more of their products. Even if they've gotten better, at this point I'm not really willing to try them again as there are many other alternatives out there.

I don't care how many posts someone has, it means nothing. Never said I was an expert and don't claim to be one. I don't think that I'm a brand whore. None of the guns I own can be considered high end by any means, but I do want quality for my money. And, yes, I do believe that I would be very surprised as to who makes what for whom in this industry. Be cool to see a list.

Sorry if you got all riled up.

EDIT: I just saw that they opened up a USA based headquarters and manufacturing facility in 2009. So, if this is the case, then I'm hoping that their stuff is much better than before. More power to them.

Last edited by Jel; 02-05-2015 at 3:05 PM..
Old 02-05-2015, 4:09 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Holy crap dude. You ok over there? Have a bourbon and calm down. No need to get worked up over some airsoft quality gear. I wouldn't be caught alive with UTG crap on my rifles.
Old 02-05-2015, 4:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:

Really UTG? Thats funny, someone jealous of people who send more then 50.00 on gun parts. Enjoy your stuff Ill stick to my BCM uppers and free float handguards. I bet you think your millet is the same quality as my Night force/vortex/S&B scopes too.

Old 02-05-2015, 5:57 PM

Your bcm forgings are the same as anyone else's and their new handguards made of magalloy I have their contact met up with them at SHOT Show if you want to pay significantly less I'll pm you their info. There's only a small handful of true manufacturers in the US, most people buy from them and have their name slapped on and call it their own
Old 02-05-2015, 7:53 PM

Default AR10 Barrels: 16" ($139) & 20" HBar ($119)

Purchased the 20" with A2 front sight and didn't come with barrel nut, delta ring and front cap....finally got in my rifle length MOE handguard and it won't fit. Looks like with a new handguard cap and a DPMS lr308 nut from brownells the length from cap to where the guard nestles the barrel nut is 11-3/4" instead of the 12" that would work for the handguard. Anybody else experiencing this??
Read somewhere that this was being sold with intent for user to get a FF HG, that's why it's sold with no nut...
Maybe I say "F" it and go FF?
Old 02-06-2015, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

I make a post about my builds with the new Aero A5 upper with keymod rails and Lite Hunter barrels.

Old 02-06-2015, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYITOUT View Post
Purchased the 20" with A2 front sight and didn't come with barrel nut, delta ring and front cap....finally got in my rifle length MOE handguard and it won't fit. Looks like with a new handguard cap and a DPMS lr308 nut from brownells the length from cap to where the guard nestles the barrel nut is 11-3/4" instead of the 12" that would work for the handguard. Anybody else experiencing this??
Read somewhere that this was being sold with intent for user to get a FF HG, that's why it's sold with no nut...
Maybe I say "F" it and go FF?
I believe I have the same barrel. I'm waiting for Aero's 15" FF. I'm going to cut down the A2 front sight.

I say F it and go FF...hehehe.

One thing is for sure, this barrel is truly heavy.
Old 02-06-2015, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypriss32 View Post
I make a post about my builds with the new Aero A5 upper with keymod rails and Lite Hunter barrels.
Building mine with an Aero upper as well. Looking forward to your pics.

So far I have a matched complete upper and complete lower, Ergo grip, LWRC BUIS, and the DPMS 20" heavy barrel.

Just need the Aero rail and a compensator. Mine came with the 6 pos buffer tube and carbine spring and buffer. Going to get a A2 tube and rifle length buffer and tube instead.

Sometimes I hate ending up with spare parts because I just end up building a new rifle.

"Hmmm....I have this nice spare Magpul trigger guard....might as well build a new AR..." LOL!
Old 02-06-2015, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypriss32 View Post
Cant wait to see the write up. Ordered the same hunter barrel and a5 kit, so looking for ideas. Gotta be lighter than the tac20 i built. That thing is a tank.
Old 02-06-2015, 9:22 PM

Quote:
I believe I have the same barrel. I'm waiting for Aero's 15" FF. I'm going to cut down the A2 front sight.

I say F it and go FF...hehehe.

One thing is for sure, this barrel is truly heavy.
Yup well went ahead and tried a soul dissapointing hack job to my MOE handgurd to make it fit but it was in vain. Already had a black AERO m5 upper with the integrated keymod 12" rail but my lower is in FDE. As another calgunner once said...it ruins my fung shuei
Might have to just do the FDE aero deal for the same FF keymod handguard.......aaaand just end up building 2! Think that's happening alot around here.
Old 02-07-2015, 5:51 PM

So this barrel stamped with DPMS 7.62x51.

Will this barrel take .308 cartridge or stick with 7.62x 51 cartridge.?

Last edited by talisman7; 02-07-2015 at 5:55 PM..
Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman7 View Post
So this barrel stamped with DPMS 7.62x51.

Will this barrel take .308 cartridge or stick with 7.62x 51 cartridge.?
As with the AR15 accepting 5.56 and .223. This will accept both .308 and NATO 7.62
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Old 03-16-2015, 1:56 PM

FINALLY finished my LR308 with the 20" DPMS heavy tactical barrel with 1/10 twist rate. Upper, lower, and BCG are all Aero Precision.

I only had 147gr Miwal Factory new and 150gr Fiochi FMJ on me and was having trouble trying to keep a tight group at 100yds. I'm thinking that I need to try some heavier bullets as I was all over the place. Next time out I'll have to try some 168gr and 180gr.

Anyone else here with the same barrel find a decent round that works well with the 20" DPMS barrels?
Old 03-16-2015, 3:15 PM

Quote:
FINALLY finished my LR308 with the 20" DPMS heavy tactical barrel with 1/10 twist rate. Upper, lower, and BCG are all Aero Precision.

I only had 147gr Miwal Factory new and 150gr Fiochi FMJ on me and was having trouble trying to keep a tight group at 100yds. I'm thinking that I need to try some heavier bullets as I was all over the place. Next time out I'll have to try some 168gr and 180gr.

Anyone else here with the same barrel find a decent round that works well with the 20" DPMS barrels?
Still working on my build, but I'm curious to hear how others are shooting what loads and groups.

I've got a few more pieces to buy, but if you got pictures of yours, I'd (and I'm sure a few others) would love to see them.

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 03-16-2015, 4:27 PM

Well I shot a couple 3/4" groups at 100 yards with my 20" setup and then it degraded. I think the optic is loose...or the barrel is shot out already lol
Old 03-16-2015, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Are you guys noticing that it says for GEN 1 RIFLES ONLY?

I know the gen 1 lr308 had a taller receiver but how is the barrel different from the newer gen 2??

I'm working on a 308 build, but going based on a gen 2 low profile receiver, shouldn't any 308 barrel work? Why does this say gen 1 only?
Just saw this.

The Gen 2 DPMS receivers and barrels are thinner. So much so that a Gen 2 hand guard won't fit over the barrel extension of a Gen 1 barrel and the threads are smaller than the Gen 1.

I accidentally got the wrong hand guard (which is how I know this - had to research it). Gen 2 shortened the distance behind the magwell to the rear of the receiver, shortened the height of the receiver by reducing the diameter of the barrel and barrel nut.

DPMS is the only manufacturer to have done this. We'll see if others follow suit. I kind of doubt it. The oddity of different components and lack of other parts outweighs the 6-8 oz of weight savings.
Old 03-16-2015, 6:26 PM
CGSSA Associate

Gen I DPMS has high and low profile along with the extra high slick side. Gen II is an entirely different beast altogether. It's closer to the AR15 in size.
Old 03-20-2015, 5:45 AM

Looks like all the .308 barrels are sold out. Up until last night, they still had the 20" Hunter on there, but adding it to your cart showed "out of stock". The 16" AP4 is still on there, but same thing... "out of stock" when you add it to your cart. These were truly fantastic deals.

Here's a pic of my 16" "heavy" build. I love that the barrel came dimpled for the gas block. Upper/lower are AERO Precision, but the barrel was just a pinch too loose in the upper for my taste... I like them tight enough that I have to whack them in with a mallet. I'd highly recommend an actual DPMS upper receiver. CDNN has an assembled upper for $109 shipped, which is a better deal than the one from Numrich. Of course if you're building a target gun, I'd get the slickside upper from Numrich for about $100 shipped (they're supposed to be built a little beefier).

This will be a bench gun and eventual hog/deer rifle. If you've never tried the EFX stock, it's just as sweet as can be... cheek weld for days. Currently sporting a thread protector because I have a bunch of buddies with .30cal suppressors... and I really like the way it complements the handguard and stock... kinda like how a Killer Whale is big and bulky but still sleek and fast... yup, that's weird.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AR10.jpg (43.5 KB, 292 views)
Old 03-20-2015, 8:04 AM

I really wish I had bought a 20inch barrel but its too late now, have been trying to find one for remotely close price to the 20inch ones but no luck so far.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Calguns Addict

I've got one I'll sell for 200.00
Old 03-20-2015, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaniAdam View Post
I really wish I had bought a 20inch barrel but its too late now, have been trying to find one for remotely close price to the 20inch ones but no luck so far.
Looks like the 20" Tactical is OOS.

I was able to add the 20" Hunter, the 16" AP4, and the 20" Heavy barrel and go all the way through to checkout.

It seems that they are in stock, but I'm not positive as I didn't actually make a purchase.

Give it a try and get one if you can.

Look under Manufacturer AR15/M16

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2015, 2:30 PM
Calguns Addict

There OOS. They have a red message at the top of page when you goto your cart. Price stands, good deal for what you get. I'd rather have a 16" black hole light weight barrel.
Old 04-10-2015, 4:14 PM

Hey anyone want to trade a 20" classic (the one that came with the barrel nut for $129) for a 20 lightweight hunter still in the package or an Ap4 that's still wrapped up? I tried to buy one the other day and it let me check out, but they never filled the order for the 20" classic.
Old 04-10-2015, 4:40 PM

Location: Born on the Sacramento River. Raised by an a Alligator, sired by a Lion. Backbone o' barbed wire!!

Here's mine.
Old 04-10-2015, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Here's mine.
Awesome build! I'm building a tank of a rifle too...how much does your weigh?

Man, I really like everything you did here, making me think twice about stuff.

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 AM

Location: Born on the Sacramento River. Raised by an a Alligator, sired by a Lion. Backbone o' barbed wire!!
Default Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duck View Post
Awesome build! I'm building a tank of a rifle too...how much does your weigh?

Man, I really like everything you did here, making me think twice about stuff.

It's a little over 11 lbs.
Old 04-12-2015, 3:53 PM

a little extra weight reduces felt recoil...