Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-13-2019, 12:46 PM
splithoof splithoof is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,844
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
The author is ready to compete in the old "heavy metal" division at the old SOF world 3-gun championship....
Interesting you mention that.
MKH was someone who taught me a lot about event hosting, steel targets, etc.
He was brilliant in creating simple yet challenging scenarios, and hosted numerous events out in the SoCal deserts that were awesome. Night shoots, and campfire with long time friends made it even better. My kids and I miss him.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-13-2019, 12:58 PM
ScottsBad ScottsBad is offline
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,381
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

1. An AR15
2. Glock 17
3. AR10

10k rounds 5.56
1K rounds 9mm preferably +p
4k rounds 7.62x51

If you have to bug out:

1. AR15 with spare parts
2. .22LR rifle

You really don't need a pistol.
__________________

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-13-2019 at 1:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:09 PM
timdps timdps is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,227
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post

My “worst case scenario” thruple would still be handgun, shotgun and .22 rifle. By the time a scary black center fire rifle is needed to protect myself, I may not want to participate in society anymore.
You may still need one to take your society back...

T
__________________
"A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies." - George Washington, 1790
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:12 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 10,389
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

1) TSE lever action rifle in 45: general purpose use

2) Dragon, 50 cal muzzleloader, BE: one shot sniping

3) Vampire Prime Gatling Plasma: for taking on the Scorchbeast Queen and other bosses



-- Michael
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:15 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 16,785
iTrader: 319 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
You really don't need a pistol.
I disagree. I hold the rank of “Full Bird Coronel” in a well known and elite survivalist / prepper / airsoft reenactor group and it is considered uncouth and bad form for Field Commanders to carry rifles.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:21 PM
Dirtlaw Dirtlaw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: OC
Posts: 718
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
If you chose to defend as a lone wolf, you will be picked apart by coyotes and rats.

An apartment complex occupied by an organized group and bristling with mundane shotguns and deer rifles would be far better off than a lone home with a single operator.

Planning in advance and building allies ... truths that should be obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:39 PM
ScottsBad ScottsBad is offline
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,381
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I disagree. I hold the rank of “Full Bird Coronel” in a well known and elite survivalist / prepper / airsoft reenactor group and it is considered uncouth and bad form for Field Commanders to carry rifles.
Sorry, if I offended you.

What are your pronouns again?
__________________

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-13-2019 at 1:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:43 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 1,337
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I disagree. I hold the rank of “Full Bird Coronel” in a well known and elite survivalist / prepper / airsoft reenactor group and it is considered uncouth and bad form for Field Commanders to carry rifles.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-13-2019, 1:54 PM
gforce357 gforce357 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 158
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

50 Cent, Too Short

All of them talk about Glock 40's, okay?

I am the only one in this room that is professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40.


😂😂😂👍🏻
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-13-2019, 2:09 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,834
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
Interesting you mention that.
MKH was someone who taught me a lot about event hosting, steel targets, etc.
He was brilliant in creating simple yet challenging scenarios, and hosted numerous events out in the SoCal deserts that were awesome. Night shoots, and campfire with long time friends made it even better. My kids and I miss him.
Yeah...he made SOF the world championship it became. He was also the driving force behind superstition mountain as well I think.

I used to shoot with Michael Harries and occasionally Mike Horne out at Desert Marksman many many years ago and learned quite a bit from them both.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-13-2019, 2:15 PM
gforce357 gforce357 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 158
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

50 Cent, Too Short

All of them talk about Glock 40's, okay?

I am the only one in this room that is professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40.


😂😂😂👍🏻
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-13-2019, 2:18 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,834
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I disagree. I hold the rank of “Full Bird Coronel” in a well known and elite survivalist / prepper / airsoft reenactor group and it is considered uncouth and bad form for Field Commanders to carry rifles.
Is a "half bird" the same as "half cocked" ?
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-13-2019, 2:25 PM
Dirtlaw Dirtlaw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: OC
Posts: 718
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Having a shotgun is a no-brainer


A pistol for close quarters is also a must.


A rifle to keep them at a distance is also nice.


Ability for rapid fire is useful as well
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-13-2019, 4:00 PM
ScottsBad ScottsBad is offline
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,381
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
If you chose to defend as a lone wolf, you will be picked apart by coyotes and rats.

An apartment complex occupied by an organized group and bristling with mundane shotguns and deer rifles would be far better off than a lone home with a single operator.
That's not so bad, I thought I might get picked apart by starving leftists...now that, would be horrible.

Yes, if you can trust and organize your neighbors in advance. Because after the shooting started it would be difficult for any group to trust all members.

I don't know about you, but I actually planned to organize. Problem is I don't trust my neighbors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-13-2019, 4:21 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 1,337
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
That's not so bad, I thought I might get picked apart by starving leftists...now that, would be horrible.

Yes, if you can trust and organize your neighbors in advance. Because after the shooting started it would be difficult for any group to trust all members.

I don't know about you, but I actually planned to organize. Problem is I don't trust my neighbors.
yeah, i don't live in what i would call a friendly demographic, like say huntington beach. as for having to trust the neighbors, i guess that depends on what kind of poop is flying. i can see real chaos, and if you don't trust the guy behind or next to you, what then?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-13-2019, 4:57 PM
ScottsBad ScottsBad is offline
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,381
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
yeah, i don't live in what i would call a friendly demographic, like say huntington beach. as for having to trust the neighbors, i guess that depends on what kind of poop is flying. i can see real chaos, and if you don't trust the guy behind or next to you, what then?
Exactly, my plan included actually arming neighbors if it came to that. Now, its no longer my plan. The current political environment has exposed the startling irrationality of people.

There are maybe only two or three people, beside my immediate family, that I'd trust with a gun that live within 20 minutes of me. It would take some time for me to feel comfortable with my neighbors.

If there was ever wide spread unrest, lets say if Trump were re-elected and set off the crazies, I wouldn't trust anyone.

If it was a major earthquake and there was looting, then I might be able to work with some people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-14-2019, 6:32 PM
JohnBrian's Avatar
JohnBrian JohnBrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bakersfield, Checnyfornia
Posts: 1,154
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whutsup40 View Post
What ever you are comfortable with!
AR15 primary--- 30 round mags
FAL backup--- 20 round mags (never been able to find a 30 round)
Glock 22 .40S&W sidearm--- 15+1
(or maybe my Hi-Power 9mm 13+1)

The only shotgun I own is an old Remington semi-auto. I've considered getting a Mossberg 590, can't afford a Benelli. I'm not a shotgun person though so the priority is low level
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnailed Saint View Post
As for the "don't leave CA you coward" sentiment: I don't fault anyone for feeling that way. I felt that way myself for years. In the end though, CA is a lost cause and the poor people of rural CA will be ruled by the pink-clad fist of San Francisco for the foreseeable future. Living the rest of my life in misery and denying my children freedom won't change that.
WTB: Remington R51 Second Generation

WTB: Ruger GP100 .357 3" Seven shot
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-14-2019, 6:43 PM
oak18's Avatar
oak18 oak18 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 370
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrian View Post
AR15 primary--- 30 round mags
FAL backup--- 20 round mags (never been able to find a 30 round)
Glock 22 .40S&W sidearm--- 15+1
(or maybe my Hi-Power 9mm 13+1)

The only shotgun I own is an old Remington semi-auto. I've considered getting a Mossberg 590, can't afford a Benelli. I'm not a shotgun person though so the priority is low level
A Mossberg 590A1 would be an excellent choice in my opinion. You can get them on sale for under $450 too.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-14-2019, 9:39 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,315
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
Having a shotgun is a no-brainer


A pistol for close quarters is also a must.


A rifle to keep them at a distance is also nice.


Ability for rapid fire is useful as well

I choose no shotgun for myself but good that others think differently.

Put me in the pistol, rifle, and 22 lr target rifle group.

My sense is that the 22 lr target rifle could be the most versatile firearm. Seagulls for supper!

Last edited by smittty; 11-14-2019 at 9:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.