Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Default 7/1/19 - BLM shuts down Cow Mountain Range due to Fire Danger

BLM has initiated Seasonal Fire Restrictions for BLM-managed public lands in Colusa, Glenn, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Solano, Sonoma and Yolo counties, due to wildland fire danger.

Cow Mountain Rifle Range is closed to use by Shooters until further notice which will probably mean until the area receives significant rainfall which probably wont occur until September/October or later.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.

Last edited by WartHog; 07-05-2019 at 9:58 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Drove up to see if there was any brass to pick up from people ignoring the fire danger closure. Found that BLM had put up a gate and locked it at the bottom of the road leading to the range so I guess people had been anyway.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Old 10-07-2019, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Default BLM lifts Fire/Target Shooting Restrictions 10/7/2019

UKIAH, Calif. – The Bureau of Land Management Ukiah Field Office has lifted fire use restrictions for Colusa, Glenn, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Solano, Sonoma and Yolo counties, due to cooler temperatures.

Public land visitors can again use campfires outside of developed campgrounds and posted recreation sites. Campfire permits are required. Permits are available at the BLM Ukiah Field Office, 2550 N. State Street, Suite 2, Ukiah, and at national forest and CAL FIRE offices. They are also available online at http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit.

Recreational target shooting may also resume and visitors are encouraged to check weather conditions and red flag warnings to avoid shooting in hot, dry and windy conditions. Shooters should use appropriate ammunition and non-metal targets placed against a high, soft dirt hillside cleared of rocks and vegetation, and they are asked to remove spent shells, targets and any trigger trash to help keep America’s public lands beautiful and enjoyable for all. Check with the Ukiah Field Office for more information about public lands that are available for target shooting.

For information on preventing wildfires, visit http://www.readyforwildfire.org or call the Ukiah Field Office at 707-468-4000.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the update. Hoping to make it up there soon
Old 10-12-2019, 5:37 PM
Veteran Member

Was just up there yesterday - pretty trashed as usual. After shooting for a few hours, picked up almost a 5gal bucket of brass and a couple of contractor bags of uncaring ahole's garbage.

Last edited by WartHog; 10-12-2019 at 5:40 PM..
Old 10-13-2019, 11:20 AM

How is the tree cover at the shooting area now (after all the fires)?

I haven't been up there in 3 or 4 years, but I liked that it was pretty shaded.

Last edited by Odd_Ball; 10-13-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd_Ball View Post
How is the tree cover at the shooting area now (after all the fires)?

I haven't been up there in 3 or 4 years, but I liked that it was pretty shaded.
None of the recent big fires reached the range.