Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-12-2024, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingaleM44 View Post
Anyone know if their "new" card is the same as the old card. Or if SBSD plans on sending those with paper cards the new plastic ones?
Post #8958. For some reason I can't seem to multi-quote (add #8958 post) to this post. So here is a copy/paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notpc View Post
I wonder if the folks like me that went in and got the paper permit, will get the plastic card sent to them? Or, I are we stuck with the paper permit until the next renewal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingvet View Post
I emailed the CCW office with this question. They quickly responded that they will not be re-issuing cards for those of us with paper permits.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."
Roy Batty

Last edited by Notpc; 03-12-2024 at 3:36 PM..
Old 03-22-2024, 6:22 PM

Well I renewed 12/27/23 before the SB2 went into effect. Dropped of paperwork and got the 120 day extension.

Looks like everyone is waiting about 2-4 months after your permit expires? I turned mine in 75 days before expiration date and they said they would call. No word yet, but I still have about 90 days left on the extension.
Old 03-24-2024, 9:34 AM

Well it came in the mail today😁
Old 03-27-2024, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silaic7 View Post
Card expired 2/1/24
Turned in paperworks 12/18/23 - Received a blue extension card
Still waiting
Update: Received my new card 3/22/24. New card is plastic the same as the old card, except for the dates :-) plastic even used the old picture. I remember when I submitted my renewal application they took a new picture of me ;-(
. Looks like the standard turn around is 3~ months.

No calls received just got the card straight from the mail.

Last edited by silaic7; 03-27-2024 at 8:38 AM..
Old 03-30-2024, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheperez7 View Post
Whats up with these BS paper that you need to laminate as a CCW permit?.... this piece of **** is odd sized and wont fit on any regular size wallet, not to mention it looks fake as ****....anyone know why in the flying **** SBSd is not issuing legitimate ccw cards anymore?....after 500 bucks id expect better services

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
This is the State legislature and governor, elected by Dem/Lib/Union types, that resulted in this paper form. The SBSD has little choice but to follow state law. Where SBSD has a choice, their choice seems to be pro-CC issuance to qualified individuals (no dead beats).

So are you a Dem, a lib, or Union member? And how do you and your money vote? Are you a CRPA member?
Old 03-31-2024, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
This is the State legislature and governor, elected by Dem/Lib/Union types, that resulted in this paper form. The SBSD has little choice but to follow state law. Where SBSD has a choice, their choice seems to be pro-CC issuance to qualified individuals (no dead beats).

So are you a Dem, a lib, or Union member? And how do you and your money vote? Are you a CRPA member?
This isnt the state or has to do with how retarded democrats are....my question was , just like many posts im seeing, that why are they issuing a piece of paper to some and a more legitimate looking plastic card to others?....thats the SBSD doing that **** not the state

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk