Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 06-07-2018, 9:56 AM

Got an email from Allen, talked about how status quo Democrats won again. Nothing about supporting Cox or any other Republicans running for other offices. Kinda bummed me. I also voted for Allen, and not very enthused about Cox, but I am glad we have a Republican in the top two, and the enemy now is Newsom.
Old 06-08-2018, 1:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I can't imagine that Allen's supporters will vote for Newsom now that Allen's out. That said, it'd definitely benefit us all if he openly endorsed Cox now...
Old 06-08-2018, 6:42 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Allen supporters will vote Cox, the one thing that surprised me was the low turnout for Villargosa. I thought he would get a ton of votes in Socal, especially with the massive amount of money he spent. So now the question is will the Democrats who didn't vote Villargosa/Newsome show up for the midterms or not...
Old 06-08-2018, 11:16 AM

Voted for Allen, will vote for Cox.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPatriot View Post
Voted for Allen, will vote for Cox.
Same here... I really wish Allen would have made it through to the general election but it was a long shot from the get-go.
Old 06-09-2018, 7:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I voted for Allen and will vote for Cox. Can't even consider the alternative. Cox got it right on the night of the primaries.. Trump is not to blame for CA's problems (high Taxes, Poverty, homelessness, etc.) It is the Democrats.
This is the platform he needs to follow to have a better chance.

When it comes to Immigration, it is time to clearly define this topic. Immigration is not the problem as we are all immigrants. The problem is illegal immigrants! Those that come here and do not assimilate, want to change America to fit their beliefs, and take advantage of the systems at the expense of tax payers.

This kind of platform can pull many to his side. As even Democrats and Moderates are sick of the taxes and problems heaped on us that has CA in the worst shape it has ever been.
Old 06-09-2018, 7:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
71Musty is hardly a voice of reason on this issue, talking about a "Flat Tax" as a leftist thing for example (LOL).

The biggest problems I see with any Republican will be turnout and campaign $$$. Democrats have tons of both while the traditional R funders don't like spending money in California and Republicans are outnumbered by probably 10-20%.

Democrats are the majority here. Why would they revolt against High Taxes, Illegal Immigration, Gun Control etc? They vote for it with a smile on their face.
Never Trump Troll, get a clue. He did not run on a flat tax. He ran on a 23% National Sales tax on top of the current income tax system. Plus Sales tax hurt the poor more then the rich.

Just the fact you troll for COX is enough to give people pause.

It is not about reason it is about fact. We have a Chicago Progressive running against a California Progressive. Anyone who claims different is lying or a fool. The only reason to vote for COX would be to stick it to Newsom. Except Cox has no chance of beating Newsom. DCCC only funded COX to get rid of Vianogosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run

Last edited by 71MUSTY; 06-09-2018 at 7:52 AM..
Old 06-09-2018, 8:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Never Trump Troll, get a clue. He did not run on a flat tax. He ran on a 23% National Sales tax on top of the current income tax system. Plus Sales tax hurt the poor more then the rich.

Just the fact you troll for COX is enough to give people pause.

It is not about reason it is about fact. We have a Chicago Progressive running against a California Progressive. Anyone who claims different is lying or a fool. The only reason to vote for COX would be to stick it to Newsom. Except Cox has no chance of beating Newsom. DCCC only funded COX to get rid of Vianogosa
If John Cox were a Chicago liberal as you claim,he would not have gotten primary endorsements from Howard Jarvis taxpayer group, Newt Gingrich , President Trump and many other real conservatives.

Not sure what you expect to o accomplish by constantly harping against this good man !
Old 06-09-2018, 8:27 AM

The Newsome backed unions will immediately commence claiming Cox is the next coming of Satan...then more....
Old 06-09-2018, 10:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Whether Cox gets my support, beyond a vote, is up to him/his campaign. I made multiple attempts to subscribe to updates from his campaign prior to the primary, all either failed (as in never received anything) or I stopped receiving emails shortly after subscription.
Old 06-10-2018, 2:08 PM

Quote:
The only reason to vote for COX would be to stick it to Newsom.
And that's truly the only reason I need. Voted for Allen in the primaries, but will vote for Cox in November

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 2:12 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I voted Allen … but now Cox is my man- Vote Cox …!

What we don't need … we DO NOT NEED is a Newsom …!
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 06-10-2018, 2:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You all want him so bad I hope you can live with what you are doing to yourselves if he wins.
At this point it's the lesser of two evils. Of course if you want Gavin as governor which would then give him a stepping stone towards the presidency, I hope you can live with that if he wins.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 06-10-2018, 2:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I voted for Allen and will vote for and support Cox. This ideological purism expressed by some here only loses elections to the radical left. That's self-destructive and just plain dumb.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 06-10-2018, 2:22 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Whether Cox gets my support, beyond a vote, is up to him/his campaign. I made multiple attempts to subscribe to updates from his campaign prior to the primary, all either failed (as in never received anything) or I stopped receiving emails shortly after subscription.
Ya - then vote Newsom, or a write-in of you fancy … or don't vote at all and anything you do or don't do for Cox is a vote for Newsom

… and that'll be a good payback for you in your own little way
Old 06-10-2018, 2:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZirconJohn View Post
Ya - then vote Newsom, or a write-in of you fancy … or don't vote at all and anything you do or don't do for Cox is a vote for Newsom

… and that'll be a good payback for you in your own little way

I said beyond my vote.
Old 06-10-2018, 2:53 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Quote:

I said beyond my vote.
You sound a little disgruntled about not receiving an email, you sound anti Cox … which is all fine and well if that's what you decide. Vote your heart and your conscience.

I didn't get an eMail form Cox. I did get a few mailers which I never read.

I do my own research, I read their campaign message … my own investigating. I don't sit and wait for correspondence from political party mailers, eMail and robo-calls.

It is what it is - fact is fact and there is NO MISTAKING that if Gavin Newsom gains the Governor Seat of California … you think this State if EFFED NOW ??? - You have seen NOTHING if this F*** TARD gets into Office.

Conservatives have ONE chance, ONE OPPORTUNITY - there can be NO mistake, no quarreling about what Allen this, what Allen didn't that, Cox is a what, Cox didn't wave at me in a parade …!!! - Whether you voted for Cox, or if you voted for Allen … maybe you voted a write-in or an Independent You didn't vote for Newsom. Now … in the November election it's either Newsom, or Cox. And if you are conservative and you are not happy with Cox and you vote write-in or independent … YOU ARE INADVERTANTLY VOTING FOR NEWSOM !!!

GET WITH IT PEOPLE …! - Argue, bicker, snivel, moan, groan, squeak or squeal like a pig if you want - FACT ---► Newsom wins Governor and California is EFFED …!!! Taxes, Immigration … Sanctuary City, Sanctuary State, gas tax, leftist free-wheel spending, ANTI GUN … MORE anti gun than what we have now … Newsom is anti gun Satan!!! Higher income and property tax.

If ever there was a time in California where Conservative need to band together - the time is now. Because after it's all over and Cox is not our Governor … well … it will be what it will be.
Old 06-10-2018, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

I don't get some of the people's thinking that "I don't like Cox", or "I'm with Allen or bust".......... you guys do realize if Cox doesn't win then it's GAVEN NEWSOM, no maybes ifs or buts.
Old 06-10-2018, 3:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZirconJohn View Post
You sound a little disgruntled about not receiving an email, you sound anti Cox … which is all fine and well if that's what you decide. Vote your heart and your conscience.

I didn't get an eMail form Cox. I did get a few mailers which I never read.

I do my own research, I read their campaign message … my own investigating. I don't sit and wait for correspondence from political party mailers, eMail and robo-calls.

It is what it is - fact is fact and there is NO MISTAKING that if Gavin Newsom gains the Governor Seat of California … you think this State if EFFED NOW ??? - You have seen NOTHING if this F*** TARD gets into Office.

Conservatives have ONE chance, ONE OPPORTUNITY - there can be NO mistake, no quarreling about what Allen this, what Allen didn't that, Cox is a what, Cox didn't wave at me in a parade …!!! - Whether you voted for Cox, or if you voted for Allen … maybe you voted a write-in or an Independent You didn't vote for Newsom. Now … in the November election it's either Newsom, or Cox. And if you are conservative and you are not happy with Cox and you vote write-in or independent … YOU ARE INADVERTANTLY VOTING FOR NEWSOM !!!

GET WITH IT PEOPLE …! - Argue, bicker, snivel, moan, groan, squeak or squeal like a pig if you want - FACT ---► Newsom wins Governor and California is EFFED …!!! Taxes, Immigration … Sanctuary City, Sanctuary State, gas tax, leftist free-wheel spending, ANTI GUN … MORE anti gun than what we have now … Newsom is anti gun Satan!!! Higher income and property tax.

If ever there was a time in California where Conservative need to band together - the time is now. Because after it's all over and Cox is not our Governor … well … it will be what it will be.
No, not disgruntled. My point was that one of the reasons Allen was successful in gaining my support was because he had regular email updates, which also lead to monetary support. When one tries to subscribe to an email list, I don't consider that "sitting and waiting for correspondence", especially when one tries multiple times, without success. If Cox can't get his communications efforts together, he is going to make it harder to for people to support him. If he wants some donations, perhaps he should remind me once in a while so I don't forget.
Old 06-10-2018, 3:59 PM
Banned

Its Cox or break California up into small pieces so we will all be happy.
Old 06-10-2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
Cox needs to define the issues. If newsome is allowed to make it about abortion he will win; if Cox can make it about sanctuary stutus, taxes and and even gun rights - he can win.
I agree with that. Conservatives need to set the tone. Seems like alot of things I watch, hear, or read the conservative side is always defending against lib bs. Its like a fist fight. Libs are just bombing with wild blind flurries and the conservative side, while doing a good job bobbing and weaving needs to remember to side step and throw the heavy hook and make them feel it.

Now in regards to November; Proof of citizenship?
Old 06-10-2018, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
I don't get some of the people's thinking that "I don't like Cox", or "I'm with Allen or bust".......... you guys do realize if Cox doesn't win then it's GAVEN NEWSOM, no maybes ifs or buts.
Because unlike Allen, Cox is a RINO. An establishment type person. At least where he is on certain issues. Whether it is him or Newsom, Cox is still someone who is a cause for concern for conservatives. Not only that, he supports measures such as Agenda 21 etc.

I can't help but feel that the previous election outcome is a setup manipulated by Soros and his cronies seeing how Newsom has said he preferred to face Cox in his ads. Makes it feel like a trap. I don't know. Just a gut feeling.

IMO, this is a lose lose situation when it comes to choices. However, Cox does seem less worse then Newsom and he may very well prove Allen supporters wrong about being a RINO should he get into office and prove himself later down the road.

I will vote for Cox but I am not expecting him to improve CA. Most of his talk seems like lipservice to me.

On a side note, thanks to the interview on him conducted by FPC's Craig Deluz regarding the 2nd Amendment, I am willing to give this guy a chance. There are still some confusion and unknowns about this guy pertaining to his views on immigration etc. You can watch the interview on #37 of my post.

Until he actually proves Allen supporters like me or conservatives in general wrong about his intentions to rid the anti-gun laws, etc I don't have high hopes for this guy. Nevertheless, his seemingly untrustworthy talk will not stop me from voting for him.

Millennial.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Last edited by Silent Pulse; 06-10-2018 at 4:32 PM..
Old 06-10-2018, 4:30 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Quote:
No, not disgruntled. My point was that one of the reasons Allen was successful in gaining my support was because he had regular email updates, which also lead to monetary support. When one tries to subscribe to an email list, I don't consider that "sitting and waiting for correspondence", especially when one tries multiple times, without success. If Cox can't get his communications efforts together, he is going to make it harder to for people to support him. If he wants some donations, perhaps he should remind me once in a while so I don't forget.
It's cool man … I get very passionate about politics sometimes and is why I really work hard to try and limit my posts on this subject.

Gavin Newsom is so wrong for ANY State Governor Seat … might as well just vote for David Hogg for CA Governor … no difference.
Old 06-10-2018, 4:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Voted for Allen, come the general election will vote for Cox.

Don't pay 71MUSTY any mind...lot's of people like him on this forum.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 06-10-2018, 4:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
Unfortunately if you do the math, Cox + Allen's percentage loses to Newsome + Villargosa's percentage.
I am not sure if this holds true using common core math.
Sorta depends on turnout and how motivated those the Newsom disgusts are at turning out to vote.

Moderate dems may not like the ultra left Dem.. so who knows what will happen.

I voted for Allen but will vote for Cox.. there's really no other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 06-10-2018, 5:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Pulse View Post
Because unlike Allen, Cox is a RINO. An establishment type person. At least where he is on certain issues. Whether it is him or Newsom, Cox is still someone who is a cause for concern for conservatives. Not only that, he supports measures such as Agenda 21 etc.
If you can't see that Cox would be better than Newsom then you're just not thinking it through.

Sure, Cox is a RINO.. but even a moderate dem is better than the ultra-left Newsom..

We are screwed either way, but at least with Cox we will get some lube and if we're lucky a reach around.. lol

Newsom will be going in dry.. sad that this is the way it is.. but it is..

Quote:
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Old 06-10-2018, 5:16 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
That 23% sales tax was the flat tax plan which did away with income taxes, encouraged saving and would have done all kinds of good things for the economy.
Flat tax would give it to the middle class in the shorts.
My only deduction is my mortgage interest and property tax.
My gross is barely 6 figures.
My effective tax rate is around 12%

Tell me again how a 23% flat tax would be a benefit to anyone other than the top 5%, who are currently paying 90% of the taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 06-10-2018, 5:24 PM

If all the cox and allen voters got together and voted cox in November, Newsome would still win by 2 to 1. We do not have the numbers.

"A Holocaust survivor dies of old age, when he gets to heaven he tells God a Holocaust joke. God says, That isn't funny. The Old man tells God, well, I guess you had to be there."
Old 06-10-2018, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
If all the cox and allen voters got together and voted cox in November, Newsome would still win by 2 to 1. We do not have the numbers.
Newsom isn't as popular as many think. He caters to one extreme part of the voters, even within his own party. Moderate and more traditional Dems may choose to sit it out, while some independents might lean towards Cox.

He doesn't give a rats *** about the middle class except as a source of revenue for his far left agenda.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 06-10-2018, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
So what are you trying to say, give up and don't vote at all? Yep, that makes sense.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 06-10-2018, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
If you can't see that Cox would be better than Newsom then you're just not thinking it through.

Sure, Cox is a RINO.. but even a moderate dem is better than the ultra-left Newsom..

We are screwed either way, but at least with Cox we will get some lube and if we're lucky a reach around.. lol

Newsom will be going in dry.. sad that this is the way it is.. but it is..
Oh I've thought it through alright. He definitely is better. We all hope that. However, don't be surprised if the guy is secretly just as bad as newsom or becomes just as bad down the road. You never know...just saying.

Millennial.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Last edited by Silent Pulse; 06-10-2018 at 6:45 PM..
Old 06-10-2018, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

He need all of Allen's vote and about 20% more. Look, I cannot stand Gavin Newsom, he's bad news to hunters and firearm owners, but the reality is it's his race to loose......sorry to say.
Old 06-10-2018, 7:32 PM

Default Groundhog Day?

we've been here before, people. there really is nothing to discuss.

Newsome=HRC, Cox=Trump, Allen=Cruz.

all the way down to conceding the victory to the Demonrat. and the obstinate refusal of the GOP loser to concede and back the GOP frontrunner. (for which I will never forgive Cruz).

Allen needs to get off the stick and endorse Cox.

and all you never Cox'rs need to energize yourselves and your circle to Vote for the GOP nominee.

we can do this.

Cox 2018. It Is As Simple As That.
Old 06-10-2018, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
we've been here before, people. there really is nothing to discuss.

Newsome=HRC, Cox=Trump, Allen=Cruz.

all the way down to conceding the victory to the Demonrat. and the obstinate refusal of the GOP loser to concede and back the GOP frontrunner. (for which I will never forgive Cruz).

Allen needs to get off the stick and endorse Cox.

and all you never Cox'rs need to energize yourselves and your circle to Vote for the GOP nominee.

we can do this.

Cox 2018. It Is As Simple As That.
Hope you’re right about Cox=Trump. The only reason I voted for Trump was because HRC was the alternative. I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by Trump as POTUS. Exactly why I will give my vote to Cox this go around.
Joshua 24:15.
Old 06-10-2018, 8:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Pulse View Post
Oh I've thought it through alright. He definitely is better. We all hope that. However, don't be surprised if the guy is secretly just as bad as newsom or becomes just as bad down the road. You never know...just saying.
Well, I will take the "might be bad" over the "will be bad" every time.. Sad that this is our option.. but oh well, welcome to CA..

Quote:
Old 06-10-2018, 9:07 PM
Veteran Member

For those saying Cox won't get enough votes to beat Newsom, it's the same story, Hillary couldn't muster enough voter turnout. California's Governor November election is suppose to be one of the lowest turnouts. Ask a Democrat friend or co-worker, I bet many won't even know who Newsom is. I don't think Newsom has excited his voting base and hopefully a good chunk doesn't have the motivation to waste their time voting for him come November.
Old 06-10-2018, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I voted for Cox from the get go... I will support ANY republican who has a chance to beat the dems for ANY political office!!! Politics is always a function of compromise. Gun owners haven't been able to get over the fact that for the 70% of the country the 2nd amendment is not the top priority in life. So instead of electing Republicans who may be weak in the 2nd Amendment but would never CREATE legislation against it... we have been splintering our votes in the name of purity of the cause and in the end handing over the keys of government TO THE PEOPLE WHO DO CREATE ANTI GUN LEGISLATION.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 06-10-2018 at 9:18 PM..
Old 06-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member

Not like Allen support has a choice. Newsom is a nightmare
Old 06-11-2018, 9:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass2924 View Post
It will be hard for a Republican to win in Nov but this year we may have more hope than other years. If the “repeal the gas tax” initiative gets on the ballot there will be more people voting that are fed up with what’s going on in the state. Hopefully Cox can use that to his advantage. Trump and the National Republican Party needs to stay active in this race.
it is on the ballot it will be voted on in November. People don't like it.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-11-2018, 5:42 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
Not like Allen support has a choice. Newsom is a nightmare
This.

Though I supported Allen, in a way, this works out better for us in the same way that Trump vs Hillary was better than Cruz/Newt/Carson/Rubio

Cox stands to hold his supporters and pick up Allen's, as well as possibly Villar's and Chiang's.

Allen would likely have lost 20% of Cox's supporters to GN.

Cox may be a Rino, but a Rino is better than Newsom in the same way that Arnold was better than Davis.
Davis was recalled because of driver's licenses for illegals and the car tax. Arnold reversed those (however temporary). Yes, he signed the ban on the 50BMG, but for the most part he was a do-nothing (which is what we NEED in Sacramento).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.