Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2022, 10:05 PM
Rgtx Rgtx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 48
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default Can someone recommend a gunsmith in OC or LA?

Hi All,

I’m looking for recommendations for high quality gunsmiths in OC. I just bought Proof carbon fiber barrel, a Geissele handguard, and a superlative arms adjustable gas block that I need installed. I also need a Surefire warcomp pin and welded to the barrel.

I understand this isn’t rocket science, but I’ve had a few bad experiences using local gun stores for routine installations like this. For example, screws where loctite wasn’t applied (contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions) have backed out. So I’d rather pay more for the piece of mind knowing someone didn’t cut corners on this project.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2022, 10:23 PM
Romeo_alpha01's Avatar
Romeo_alpha01 Romeo_alpha01 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 1,744
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

ar15barrels in Van Nuys. Good to go from my experiences.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2022, 10:32 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: OC
Posts: 4,527
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_alpha01 View Post
ar15barrels in Van Nuys. Good to go from my experiences.


Randall will take care of you.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2022, 6:02 AM
Jeepergeo's Avatar
Jeepergeo Jeepergeo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 3,228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgtx View Post
Hi All,

Iím looking for recommendations for high quality gunsmiths in OC. I just bought Proof carbon fiber barrel, a Geissele handguard, and a superlative arms adjustable gas block that I need installed. I also need a Surefire warcomp pin and welded to the barrel.

I understand this isnít rocket science, but Iíve had a few bad experiences using local gun stores for routine installations like this. For example, screws where loctite wasnít applied (contrary to the manufacturerís instructions) have backed out. So Iíd rather pay more for the piece of mind knowing someone didnít cut corners on this project.
That would be "a piece of mind..." unless of course you meant "the peace of mind...".
__________________
Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2022, 7:04 AM
Rgtx Rgtx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 48
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_alpha01 View Post
ar15barrels in Van Nuys. Good to go from my experiences.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2022, 7:05 AM
Rgtx Rgtx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 48
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post


Randall will take care of you.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2022, 7:09 AM
H2H's Avatar
H2H H2H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,594
iTrader: 55 / 100%
Default

Randall aka ar15barrels. Long time gunsmith here. Excellent work.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2022, 7:35 AM
uzigalil uzigalil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: L.A.
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

RANDALL IS THE MAN
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2022, 8:10 PM
ar15barrels's Avatar
ar15barrels ar15barrels is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 53,920
iTrader: 113 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgtx View Post
Hi All,

Iím looking for recommendations for high quality gunsmiths in OC. I just bought Proof carbon fiber barrel, a Geissele handguard, and a superlative arms adjustable gas block that I need installed. I also need a Surefire warcomp pin and welded to the barrel.

I understand this isnít rocket science, but Iíve had a few bad experiences using local gun stores for routine installations like this. For example, screws where loctite wasnít applied (contrary to the manufacturerís instructions) have backed out. So Iíd rather pay more for the piece of mind knowing someone didnít cut corners on this project.
I know a guy.
__________________
Randall Rausch

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Barrel, sight and trigger work on most pistols and shotguns.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2022, 4:57 PM
Rgtx Rgtx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 48
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
I know a guy.
Hehe. Weíll be in touch soon!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-28-2022, 5:36 PM
Kicol Kicol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 93
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Bolsa gunsmith in hunting beach they have serviced a few of my guns on time and decent prices
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2022, 6:06 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 11,939
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

When you need someone handy, go see Randy.
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical