Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > Guns & Money
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Guns & Money Discussion Re: Pro/Anti 2A Org's 990's & Finances

Old 03-02-2020, 2:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
This sad state of affairs belongs to every Ca gun owner who has voted democrat ( yeah YOU arsewipe) and every gun owner who has voted independent (all you morons too ) and all the fukctards who have not been members of the NRA and CRPA.
There are so many gun owners concerned about buying ammo and buying another gun to add to a huge collection while freaking ignoring what's been going on in Sacramento and Washington...we as a group HAVE EARNED THE POX ABOUT TO BE DROPPED ON OUR HOUSE.
I agree with most of what you said and, indeed, CA gun owners are a rare breed.

Too many, unlike gun owners in other states, are liberals and either they are blind to what their fellow liberals and Democrats want to do to gun rights...

Or maybe... they just think other liberal goals like socialized medicine; open borders, abolishing the rule of law regarding immigration; eliminating border and custom authorities and their enforcement for migration; driving out investors and business with more taxation, more progressive tax rates, more fees & licenses, and more regulation; healthcare/drivers licenses, social security, welfare sanctuary for illegal aliens; declaring the NRA a terrorist group; and more are just more important than firearms rights. Hey, we have liberty: you are free to vote against your own interest just like the people of Venezuela did until they realized their mistake.

But, I also think voter fraud is rampant in absentee balloting: given liberals want no voter ID, I doubt much scrutiny is placed on reviewing them when tallying votes. CA does not have rules in place like TX that rigorously vet absentee votes and voting. Case in point: my US House rep, Denham-R, won election night and the next day. Over the next 3 days, thousands of absentee votes were counted and he lost to Josh Harder-D. I am not the only one who thinks the 2018 mid-term results across the nations were "fishy".

I still fight every chance I get, but with what I believe to be rampant voter fraud endorsed by the state Democrats, I suspect we have about as much chance as the Russian people had to overthrow Communism or the Chinese in Hong Kong of achieving independence from Beijing unless we get strong outside support: the federal executive and judicial branches. I believe at some point we will get it. How effective it will be in rolling back decades of oppression or how long significant progress will take is unknown and I suspect longer than many of us will want to wait or that some of us will survive to see.

I said it years ago and still plan it: My wife and I will be leaving on full-retirement to a state that still respects US Constitution. The much lower cost of a much better living will be the a nice bonus. I know a bit over a couple dozen families and couples who have left either for new jobs or careers or retirement and none who regret it. The states include: OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, AZ, TX, NV, TN, FL. There were compromises, and not all others can or may be willing to make them and that is their right, but the net was very positive for all of them. They won't be back. In fact, I often get texts and emails from them laughing at each more ludicrous news flash on all the craziness in CA. To a one, they say it was the best move they ever made. My resistance strategy and tactics, lively as they are, now is just a defense of the AO until successful exfil out of hostile territory.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 03-02-2020 at 2:41 AM..
Old 03-19-2020, 3:56 PM

Uggg. Your drinking a strange kool-Aid of facts bro. Best of luck to you in your retirement.
Old 03-20-2020, 3:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorymoto View Post
Uggg. Your drinking a strange kool-Aid of facts bro. Best of luck to you in your retirement.
To people rationalizing staying here, it is Kool Aid(tm), to those leaving and who have left it is the taste and spirit of liberty like a strong cup of Joe. Depends on which taste you prefer. Everyone citizen is free to choose. I do not begrudge anyone for staying and I'll be here a while yet.. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2020, 8:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Only read the OP.

After becoming Life I'd throw money at the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Affairs -- lobbying arm) and the NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund -- election campaigning arm), because in CA, the "salvation" of our 2nd A RKBA will come from the federal government on down, rather than bottom up ("grassroots").

After those, then CRPA (CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc., NRA's state affiliate).

JMO
Old 03-31-2020, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Only read the OP.

After becoming Life I'd throw money at the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Affairs -- lobbying arm) and the NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund -- election campaigning arm), because in CA, the "salvation" of our 2nd A RKBA will come from the federal government on down, rather than bottom up ("grassroots").

After those, then CRPA (CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc., NRA's state affiliate).

JMO
Bumped in total agreement.
Shop on Amazon much? Use smile.amazon.com and designate NRA or CPRA (or other RKBA organization of your choice) as a charity and leftist Billionaire Jeff "Anti-gun" Bezos donates to our cause on every purchase. Brings a smile to my face very time I order on Amazon. Sweet.
Old 03-31-2020, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Shop on Amazon much? Use smile.amazon.com and designate NRA or CPRA (or other RKBA organization of your choice) as a charity and leftist Billionaire Jeff "Anti-gun" Bezos donates to our cause on every purchase. Brings a smile to my face very time I order on Amazon. Sweet.
Yeah, I did a birthday fundraiser on Facebook for CGF, and made Zuckerberg donate, too.
Old 04-02-2020, 8:06 PM

Brilliant!
Old 04-04-2020, 4:19 PM

Payroll is coming due.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:41 AM

I am a Patron Life member, not a fan of Wayne but I am a fan of the NRA. I don't need to "Level up" my membership, I need our 2A rights to exist. I continue to support the NRA but I also support other 2A groups too.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:19 PM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
So, I have been getting letters to upgrade my life membership from Patron to Benefactor and they are doing a pretty discount on it. Quite frankly, I am not sure what I get as a Benefactor vs. Patron that is worth doing it, I am thinking of giving my money to other more CA focused groups. Then I read the propaganda from the NRA and I wonder if since it is a election year, maybe a national group is better use of my money.

So what is the advantage of "Benefactor" if anything ?

Where should my money go ? (don't say into your pocket )
You get nothing.

FPC, GOA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, and a little CRPA is where my money is going.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Yeah, I do this for all Amazon purchases and it costs me nothing extra. Good call.
Old 10-24-2021, 6:07 PM

I realize this is a long-dead thread but it's still up near the top of this forum.
So here's my 2 cents about the NRA that no one has covered:
Since LaPierre has been in charge, the NRA has shifted from being primarily responsive to their membership, to being beholden to the firearms industry/manufacturers that can write bigger checks than any of the members can. They still pursue those dollars but its a LOT easier to wine/dine the big firearms industry companies than it is to chase smaller donations from individual gun owners for the same amount of money.
I've been an NRA member since 1974 when I was 6 years old,(with a break during my youth). I have been at Benefactor level since 2015 via the steeply reduced fees/gift offers. Now all my donation money goes to CRPA, GOA, SAF, FPC, most of which I also have life membership status in.
Until Wayne is gone and NRA re-focuses its mission I'm not sending them another cent or buying anything with the NRA brand on it other than paper targets. One area they're really missing the boat on is that they should be prioritizing spending money in high-crime neighborhoods holding free gun safety, handling, and marksmanship activities for all the single moms/elderly residents. There's a few grass-roots programs having success doing just that that need national backing/funding. NRA is the ideal organization with the resources and programs to do just that. If they could just get 10-20% of the law-abiding residents in those neighborhoods proficient in firearms don't you think those folks would stop voting for anti-2A candidates?
Old 10-27-2021, 6:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
NRA claims a membership pricing of $1500, but, I can upgrade for $350?

Something's wrong with that pricing scheme. Perhaps they'd get a better response if I didn't think this membership is worth $25 and they're up-pricing so they can discount it.

And I don't need another crappy coat from them.
It’s just the typical look at how much you’re saving. Christ it’s not liek to takes a lot of money to give you a plastic me,ever shop card.
Personally I rather they took the money they spend on the giveaway free knickknack stuff they send and use that to fight gun grabbing laws.
I am a lifetime endowment member and I have never used the card for any discounts. I flat out refuse to give any money to the NRA as long as Lapierre is in office. The last time the NRA called the guy on the phone had the balls to ask for $1500 donation. Until I see the NRA fighting for my gun rights as a california citizen they can go f themselves