Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-24-2022, 4:03 PM

Default UPDATE: SB118 Registration Period opens soon

The below original thread says its a necro and won't let me update to it-Moderator feel free to move this post and reopen the old thread.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...0#post26380920

UPDATE:

Saturday April 22, 2022
-NO Squad of eight Ninja Mall Cops dressed in all black armor including knee and elbow pads, balaclavas, shooting goggles, and ear plugs, with locked and loaded full auto silenced M4as I seen on ~6 you tube videos after the last registration process showed up at my household-making sure that all my neighbors saw they were there to do their job and reduce the animal population.
-Dog survived this Registration process easy peasy.
-No damage to the door.

Received my Registration letter on Saturday saying "have been approved and registered"

REGISTERED VIA WEB SITE DEC 21, 2021
RECEIVED CONFIRMAITON eMAIL that they received my registration DEC 28, 2021
-got it right the first time this go around and no back and forth rejection-resubmission-rejection-resubmission.
REGISTERED AS OF APRIL 18, 2022
LETTER DATED APRIL 19, 2022
RECEIVED IN MAIL APRIL 22, 2022

Unlike the other three AW registrations it did not list all my registered AW's as apparently this is an OAWR (Other Assault Weapon Registration but was also called by DOJ during registration as a AOW Assault weapon registration, not to be confused with a BATFE AOW defined device).

This was for a 1919a4 that had the SAGINAW and MACHINE GUN roll marked on the sides for faux authentic look above the manufactures info and serial number. that was way down on the bottom.

I did explain that was faux markings done by the manufacture and directed them to the manufactures web site to verify...but still had a little pucker factor for the uninformed ignorant anti-2A crusader doing my registration.

NOTE TO SELF: Never again buy a firearm that says "MACHINE GUN" unless it is a legal to own Machine gun. I can imagine the low information lazy law enforcement would say....."well what does it say on the receiver" and keep ignoring my "but it is not a machine gun" as they shoot my dog, take my not a machine gun as contraband, and give me a matching pair of chrome bracelets. After all dummy, demilled, and practice ordinance is now the same as the live stuff and gets you arrested so a semi-automatic roll marked as a machine gun.....sure, why not.....this is California.

I have to admit if I was contacted personally by the DOJ because of what was roll marked on the receiver that it would have been reasonable-but only if someone knowledgeable came with them who could check on site, and I was anticipating that visit so had everything secretly burred elsewhere of course

THANK YOU AGAIN CALGUNS OF MEMBERS.....

........ for once again making me aware of another CA-DOJ attack on 2A that I might have missed and become an outlaw that was processed through the legal system until they stole all of my money and property till I had no more on lawyers, fees, fines, jail to finance that industry of thieves......but also for making this registration process less intimidating .... with good instructions and links.

The DOJ intentionally does make it scary and non-intuitive on purpose to reduce compliance so they can attack 2A supporters when they piss off the corrupt folks called the California Government-giving them something to retaliate with.

For instance San Jose has asked the DOJ for all the DROS for San Jose Residents so they can see who is not buying unaffordable anit-2A gun insurance so they can go confiscate their firearms and fine fine fine them out of all their money for punishment for daring in believing in the constitution.

Last edited by Xerxes; 04-27-2022 at 5:49 PM..
Old 04-24-2022, 5:13 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Thank you for the update. I suppose I should be on the lookout for my 1919A4 AW reg letter soon. Mine also says "Machine Gun" but IIRC also says semi-auto

What was the date you submitted yours? I waited until nearly the last day...

Last edited by SkyHawk; 04-24-2022 at 5:25 PM..
Old 04-25-2022, 3:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Also rec'd a letter for my OAWR registrations.

This is the first AW reg letter I have recieved. Have rec'd nothing from the previous AW registration.
"A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies." - George Washington, 1790
Old 04-25-2022, 8:05 PM

Interesting
Old 05-21-2022, 4:58 PM

Southern Kalifornia friend, got his letter on the AOW's owned, that were regr per BS SB 118, is dated April 9th 2022 and he says he received it in late April.
Accidental,,,, , guess who whats to be elected Attorney General,,,, his name is at the top of the letter.
Old 05-21-2022, 5:15 PM

what's the point of this? does it allow you to legally possess silenced machineguns with fore grips?
Old 05-22-2022, 12:05 AM

There is no point to this political backdoored legislation.. (voter approved backdoor !!)
You can thank one gun company, who played on the theme to circumvent & openly flaunt the AW laws / lawmakers, just to sell their AR pistol.
It backfired, so NOW many AOW owners, have the risk of a felony / loss of gun, if they did not register them.

Last edited by Tankhatch; 05-22-2022 at 12:10 AM..