Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Default 40 day turn around time for Az non resident CCW

Got the paperwork / fingerprints done at the SAR gun show in Phoenix on Sunday Dec 3. Sent my package in on Dec. 6 with $60 cashiers check and a copy of my Florida CCW as proof of meeting Az's educational / testing qualifications. Pleasant surprise to receive my Az CCW in the mail today... Jan 16. It was issued on Jan 11, 2017 and good for 5 years.

I will use this instead of my Fl permit when I visit Las Vegas for the SHOT show next week.

I now have:

CA
WA
FL
Az

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 01-16-2018 at 7:06 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Got the paperwork / fingerprints done at the SAR gun show in Phoenix on Sunday Dec 3. Sent my package in on Dec. 6 with $60 cashiers check and a copy of my Florida CCW as proof of meeting Az's educational / testing qualifications. Pleasant surprise to receive my Az CCW in the mail today... Jan 16. It was issued on Jan 11, 2017 and good for 5 years.

I will use this instead of my Fl permit when I visit Las Vegas for the SHOT show next week.

I now have:

CA
WA
FL
Az

Your CA CCW would have worked as proof.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 01-16-2018, 7:37 PM
Veteran Member

Good info. I had my prints rolled today, should go out in a few days. Used my UT non res for proof of training.
Old 01-16-2018, 9:20 PM

I will be mailing out my application Thursday after I get my prints roll a the local Highway Patrol office. An they do it for free up here too. Used my Ca CCW certificate of completion as proof as I just finished up that this weekend. Bet I get the AZ permit before my CA permit.
Old 01-17-2018, 7:59 AM

Did our AZ via mail a year ago. Used my Cali CCW and hubby's DD214.
Our UPS Store did prints for free. Had them in under 3 weeks.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 02-07-2018, 2:07 PM

Mailed AZ CCW application today....Used my CA CCW as proof. I really cant believe the turn times posted on here, WOW.

On a side note, I should have done some research before applying-

I was charged $21 per card at the local Mail Stop my instructor referred me to...f**K

AND my instructor that I took my CA CCW class charged me $100 for the AZ package which I now see can be acquired directly from AZ DPS.

He also claimed I needed his certificate, he literally just copied my CCW for me.

I was excited and trusted what I was told, point is DO YOUR RESEARCH so you don't overpay by 100 plus bucks!

FML
Old 02-07-2018, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarent View Post
Mailed AZ CCW application today....Used my CA CCW as proof. I really cant believe the turn times posted on here, WOW.

I was charged $21 per card at the local Mail Stop my instructor referred me to...f**K

AND my instructor that I took my CA CCW class charged me $100 for the AZ package which I now see can be acquired directly from AZ DPS.

He also claimed I needed his certificate, he literally just copied my CCW for me.

I was excited and trusted what I was told, point is DO YOUR RESEARCH so you don't overpay by 100 plus bucks!

FML
You may have been able to save on the prints but that wasn't a lot of money. The $100 fee was a rip off!!!!!!!

― Mark Twain
Old 02-07-2018, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

FML
Sounds like you got hosed. The only thing you needed were the prints rolled. I paid 22 for both cards. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 02-08-2018, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Sounds like you got hosed. The only thing you needed were the prints rolled. I paid 22 for both cards. Oh well, live and learn.
Subtle Brag
Old 02-08-2018, 9:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Subtle Brag
Not at all, didn't mean it to come out that way. Just relating what I paid. Now, to get AZ I used my UT which I had to take a class for since I didn't have any of the required training, 75.00. So in essence, it did cost a bit more than the 22 for prints.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Not at all, didn't mean it to come out that way. Just relating what I paid. Now, to get AZ I used my UT which I had to take a class for since I didn't have any of the required training, 75.00. So in essence, it did cost a bit more than the 22 for prints.
I was totally kidding with you, I'm thinking about doing my Utah now too.

I am going to take this opportunity to speak with my instructor...If he makes it right then great. If he doesn't, no more business or referrals to him. I just cancelled a private training with him to try and work it out.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was totally kidding with you, I'm thinking about doing my Utah now too.

I am going to take this opportunity to speak with my instructor...If he makes it right then great. If he doesn't, no more business or referrals to him. I just cancelled a private training with him to try and work it out.
Good deal. I saw you posted on Johns thread regarding UT. I took mine from him; good dude, straight forward, no BS.
Old 02-08-2018, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Good deal. I saw you posted on Johns thread regarding UT. I took mine from him; good dude, straight forward, no BS.
That's great, thank you for the info. Looks like the 4 hour class is all classroom? No range time? is that correct?
Old 02-08-2018, 5:09 PM
Veteran Member

UT does not require it but there is range time. He is looking for proficiency and will help if you need any.
Old 02-09-2018, 7:24 AM

Quote:
UT does not require it but there is range time. He is looking for proficiency and will help if you need any.
Perfect, thank you!
Old 02-20-2018, 9:44 AM

Just wanted to drop my Arizona non-resident dates here.

Mailed application - 1/17/19
Approval Letter date - 2/14/19
Postmarked - 2/15/19
Received - 2/17/19

I mailed Utah the same day - they cashed my check on 1/31, but I haven't received anything yet.
Old 02-20-2018, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

I should have had my renewal by now but mail was stolen on 1/5. Had to resend it 1/22
Old 02-20-2018, 9:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocoder View Post
Just wanted to drop my Arizona non-resident dates here.

Mailed application - 1/17/19
Approval Letter date - 2/14/19
Postmarked - 2/15/19
Received - 2/17/19

I mailed Utah the same day - they cashed my check on 1/31, but I haven't received anything yet.
Nice. Mailed mine 1/23 so hopefully soon
Old 03-09-2018, 10:36 AM

My permit was issued Feb 28th and postmarked Mar 01.

I did mine on the cheap. Rolling was free, I used my CCW certificate of completion from my class in Las Vegas in 2002. So all I paid for was $60 plus postage.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Mailed 1/23, issued 2/21, rec 2/26, so 35 days total