Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 07-09-2019, 9:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Chinese SKS @ Turners $399.98

Get them while you can. The ad says you can order online and pick up at the store.

https://www.turners.com/chinese-sks/...m_medium=email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

ĒBenitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacityĒ
Old 07-09-2019, 9:47 AM
Calguns Addict

bayonet removed ? in box i hope.?
Old 07-09-2019, 9:51 AM

Classic is currently selling them WITH bayonet for $50 less. Not sure price difference after shipping/tax/transfer fee

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chin...-rifle-762x39/
Old 07-09-2019, 9:59 AM

10:59am Temporarily Unavailable
Old 07-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Could not process Credit Card.
Did anyone else have same issue?
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

I would probably order from Classic and pay the $40 transfer fee and the shipping so I'd get the spiker bayonet

Old 07-09-2019, 1:29 PM

Turners continuing their FUD about a Chicom SKS with spiked is a CA assault weapon? just as they did with me years ago trying to do a ppt at the Corona store.
Old 07-09-2019, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
10:59am Temporarily Unavailable
open to orders at 2:30 pm

guess they had a glitch
Old 07-10-2019, 7:15 PM

just realized this had no bayonet on the picture. Is this worth it? I'm very close to getting this over at classic firearms.

I've seen some in the unboxings at classic firearms that they have some English names on them. What possible countries do these derive from? I saw that it could be Albania. Did anyone own post vietnam war era? Or all these not going to be from that area and mixed with some russian models?

Last edited by HChui; 07-10-2019 at 7:19 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Saw the photo they posted on their site; it said it was exemplary of those available. Really rough, no bayo. Will pass. I would rather put the $399 toward a much better/cleaner/nicer example I can likely pick up for $425 from numerous sources.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Remember when brand new in cosmo Yugos where like $199?
Old 07-11-2019, 2:29 PM
(aka Hogswild)
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
Nope
Old 07-11-2019, 3:42 PM

I heard 67 Camaro SS with 396 was under $5k when new...
Old 07-11-2019, 4:26 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

I saw one today at the westco location. Looked like it got dragged down the ho chi mihn trail for 10 years. No bayo. Dried cosmo everywhere. But i guess thats what you get in Kalifornia these days.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 07-11-2019, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I kicked myself because a few months before I saw them for $159 and though it wasn’t worth it!

Same feeling when I look back at those refurbed/as-new Savage SMLE’s I passed on because $199 was astronomical!
Old 07-11-2019, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

This is like the batch Turners sold a few years ago for 2 something. Rough but very early 55-56. Some sino soviet.I had two and they functioned perfectly. Machined parts , no stamping.Came from Albania. Worth the price any day.
Old 07-11-2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Uh...no, but I remember when Turner's was selling these like new refurb Russian SKS rifles for $129.99 (140.07 with tax)...no DROS, with the sling, ammo pouch, round cleaning kit, oiler and stripper clip in the box.

It was in 1995.

Seeing what Turner's is retailing today when compared with other times is kind of sad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sks.jpg (26.1 KB, 233 views)
Old 07-12-2019, 9:26 AM

The picture of the above SKS from Turners reminds me when at the Great Western show in 97 or 8 they had racks of these for 99.00. Yes they also had racks of SVT40s for 199, and SMLE's for 89.00. Those were the only rifles they had, and the rest of the stuff was ammo, mags, and some accessories. In those days you could walk with those so no need to repack the truck at the end. And yes, they didn't sell out! B&B from Westminster had them for $89.00 andk then B&E from Cypress, not to be undone put their's for $87. Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
The picture of the above SKS from Turners reminds me when at the Great Western show in 97 or 8 they had racks of these for 99.00. Yes they also had racks of SVT40s for 199, and SMLE's for 89.00. Those were the only rifles they had, and the rest of the stuff was ammo, mags, and some accessories. In those days you could walk with those so no need to repack the truck at the end. And yes, they didn't sell out! B&B from Westminster had them for $89.00 andk then B&E from Cypress, not to be undone put their's for $87. Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember those days well! There didn't seem to be a public rush to buy them either in the store as far as my experience was. For some of them, just walk up and take your time to pick one out from a rack on the general merchandise floor.

I still regret not buying a SAFN FN 49 from a rack of them I saw at B&E during those days.

I did get a SVT 40, a Russian capture K98 Mauser, US Model of 1917 , Mosin Nagant M44, and several Lee Enfield No 4s along with a couple of other SKS rifles from local dealers during those days.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loademup View Post
Uh...no, but I remember when Turner's was selling these like new refurb Russian SKS rifles for $129.99 (140.07 with tax)...no DROS, with the sling, ammo pouch, round cleaning kit, oiler and stripper clip in the box.

It was in 1995.

Seeing what Turner's is retailing today when compared with other times is kind of sad.

So 20 years from now there will be a thread where someone says.

"It was in 2019. Turner's still sold guns."
Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM

I bought a lot of great milsurps at Turners in the day. The sold Mausers of all types, Mas 49/56's, and yes even back then the French surplus was 10, a box! They even used to have Luger's, P38's, Hi Powers, all stuff from Century who was one of their main suppliers. Norinco 223 for 10c a round, and the AK ammo for around the same price.
Old 07-13-2019, 7:57 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I cannot confirm this, but I heard somewhere that actual guns used to be offered for sale at gun shows.
Old 07-13-2019, 8:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Do these require DROS? I have zero experience with C&R.
Old 07-13-2019, 8:22 AM

They do now. I think before 2000 here in CA you could walk with them. You only had to do the yellow 4473 back then if you bought them at a gun store. If you bought from an individual you just walked with them,
Old 07-13-2019, 9:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don the savage View Post
I saw one today at the westco location. Looked like it got dragged down the ho chi mihn trail for 10 years. No bayo. Dried cosmo everywhere. But i guess thats what you get in Kalifornia these days.
They have dried up nationwide.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loademup View Post
Remember those days well! There didn't seem to be a public rush to buy them either in the store as far as my experience was. For some of them, just walk up and take your time to pick one out from a rack on the general merchandise floor.

I still regret not buying a SAFN FN 49 from a rack of them I saw at B&E during those days.

I did get a SVT 40, a Russian capture K98 Mauser, US Model of 1917 , Mosin Nagant M44, and several Lee Enfield No 4s along with a couple of other SKS rifles from local dealers during those days.
I guess the crime rate went way down after those days were over ?
Old 07-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

The West Covina Turner’s used to be on Francisquito, west of Hacienda blvd. I vividly recall the location and went in there every chance I could. I was too young to buy guns but I liked looking at the Colt HBAR sporters, IMI Uzi’s, and Chinese AK’s. The HK P7’s were the hot new pistol and everyone was arguing about the 686 vs the GP100. The 3rd Gen S&W autoloaders were also hot stuff. I wanted a 645 because Sonny Crockett carried one, but $600 might as well have been $6000. Pallets of Norinco ammo too, all the time.

Finally was able to buy my first self owned handgun in 1993. It was all about the wondernines. Took home a Ruger P89DC, and with 15 round magazines to boot! I shot the snot out of it, and to this day I still do and it has never malfunctioned. Clunky looking, long and mushy trigger, lousy sights, but an absolute tank.
Old 07-14-2019, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
The West Covina Turnerís used to be on Francisquito, west of Hacienda blvd. I vividly recall the location and went in there every chance I could. I was too young to buy guns but I liked looking at the Colt HBAR sporters, IMI Uziís, and Chinese AKís. The HK P7ís were the hot new pistol and everyone was arguing about the 686 vs the GP100. The 3rd Gen S&W autoloaders were also hot stuff. I wanted a 645 because Sonny Crockett carried one, but $600 might as well have been $6000. Pallets of Norinco ammo too, all the time.

Finally was able to buy my first self owned handgun in 1993. It was all about the wondernines. Took home a Ruger P89DC, and with 15 round magazines to boot! I shot the snot out of it, and to this day I still do and it has never malfunctioned. Clunky looking, long and mushy trigger, lousy sights, but an absolute tank.
I remember that store. I went to high school in WC. That Turners was in the shopping center at Sunset and Francisquito. That shopping center also had the world famous Bahooka restaurant.
Anyway, I don't know why but I bought a Winchester Model 70 in .338 Win Mag there for $299. I never shot it and sold it for $300. That is the only gun I ever sold.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
I bought a lot of great milsurps at Turners in the day. The sold Mausers of all types, Mas 49/56's, and yes even back then the French surplus was 10, a box! They even used to have Luger's, P38's, Hi Powers, all stuff from Century who was one of their main suppliers. Norinco 223 for 10c a round, and the AK ammo for around the same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
The West Covina Turnerís used to be on Francisquito, west of Hacienda blvd. I vividly recall the location and went in there every chance I could. I was too young to buy guns but I liked looking at the Colt HBAR sporters, IMI Uziís, and Chinese AKís. The HK P7ís were the hot new pistol and everyone was arguing about the 686 vs the GP100. The 3rd Gen S&W autoloaders were also hot stuff. I wanted a 645 because Sonny Crockett carried one, but $600 might as well have been $6000. Pallets of Norinco ammo too, all the time.

I remember the pallets of Norinco ammunition at Turner.s.

I still have some of that $1.99 Norinco .223 ammo from those days:

The 7.62 x 39 Norinco stuff i had in the silver boxes is long gone. You can still find guys selling that Norinco ammo on the web, but maybe not for 2.00 a box.

I also have a 200 round 7.62 x 51 NATO battle pack left from those days and several 500 round 22lr bricks purchased for 10.00 dollars or under. Turner's use to put the bricks on sell around Christmas time.

I took the same path back then and bought a stainless steel Ruger KP85. It was a big pistol, the grip a bit bulkly for my hand. Very easy to field strip. I latter sold it when I got a Beretta 92FS which seem to fit my hand better.

Also went through the 686 vs GP100 .357 argument in my mind back then and ended up buying a Ruger GP141.

I'm retro-reminiscing definitely about that period of time. Strange, but for most of the following decade and a half after the 1990's, I was largely out of the firearms scene. When my interest finally came back around about 5 years ago, things had definitely changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-dollar-norinco-223.jpg (35.6 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by loademup; 07-14-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-14-2019, 11:41 AM

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

Looking for Russian and Chinese SKS rifles, you say?

Sure, here you go!:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1537468