Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2018, 12:30 PM

Default Training near Sacramento

I have been around guns most of my life and also carry. But I figured it would be nice to actually take a class for fun and improving my skills. Anyone have any recommendations for good courses and instructors in our area?

Also I would like to look into some more advanced medical training.

Thanks for all replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

https://www.oneononefirearms.com/

Only These folks. By far the best

Golden State Tactical <---click here >

An FORMER Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!
Old 02-24-2018, 6:45 PM

I have taken courses from LMS Defense, Gray Ops, and Gun Craft Solutions. They all are good, in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2018, 9:50 PM

LFI firearms - Wes Largomarsino is a good guy -

Steve
Old 02-27-2018, 3:09 PM

Grey ops and wes at lfiguns.com taken classes from both at sac valley shooting club both are really good.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:33 PM

If looking into a class for fun, look at Eagle Defense. James is a pretty entertaining instructor and he offers easily the most cost-effective courses in the Sac area. His course in March is only $100 for a whole day of shooting, including all range fees.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Thanks for all the info. Currently checking everything out and will be planning on taking some classes in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Take a look at Direct Action Group... professional outfit that has been around for over 25 years training Military and Law enforcement personnel and offers the exact same training to civilians...

Run by current and ex military and law enforcement guys who were / are TRAINERS in the military / LE agencies they served in.
Offer classes in LA area (Burro Canyon) and Sacramento ( Sacramento Valley Shooting Range)
The training you get here will far exceed what you will get in a basic academy program.

http://dag-usa.com/

The first thing to look at when contemplating professional training is the resumes of instructors:
http://dag-usa.com/intel-2/cadre/

They have a TCCC class coming up this month but it is being given down here in So CAL...

http://dag-usa.com/courses/tactics-group/tccc/

Enhanced First Aid / Tactical First Aid or “Tactical Combat Casualty Care” encompasses the techniques, training, and equipment used to render lifesaving medical aid to victims of violent injury. The National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE) has recognized the advancement of casualty treatment by the military with national implementation of simple methods of treatment and equipment readily available for law enforcement, EMS and even “bystander first responders.” These courses are California Emergency Medical Services Authority approved.

If you are a police officer, security officer, CCW / every day carry “EDC”, or want, or need to enhance your existing first aid training, this course is for you.

We supply the TCCC equipment for the course. However, having your own IFAK increases your experience and familiarity with your equipment which can be a life saving advantage. Don’t worry, you won’t use any expendable items from your kit. We highly recommend North American Rescue products and we recommend the NAR INTERMEDIATE BLEEDER CONTROL KIT: https://www.narescue.com/public-acce...trol-kit-nylon

4 Hour Course – $100 (California EMSA approved, 4 CE hour cert)

Full Day Course – $200 (California EMSA approved AB1598 with Active Shooter integration, 8 CE hour cert)

2 Day Course – $400 (California EMSA approved AB1598 with Active Shooter integration, 16 CE hour cert)

Additional Information for 2018 Courses:

Huntington Beach / Rifle Supply – March 9th. This is a 4 hour classroom course with a focus on TCCC.

Los Angeles / Range Day – March 10th. This is an 8 hour range day with live fire drills and a focus on active shooter response. Firearms requirements and prerequisite is equivalent to DAG Tactical Pistol 1. Rifles are optional, bring 100 rounds of ammunition.

Sacramento – July 21 – 22. This course will feature 2 days of TCCC on the range with live fire drills and a focus on active shooter response. Cadre for this course are an experienced combat medic and a subject matter expert in active shooter. Firearms requirements and prerequisite is equivalent to DAG Tactical Pistol 1. Rifles are optional, bring 100 rounds of ammunition.

Course Objectives

SAFETY
Identify and treat the leading causes of preventable death
TCCC history, terminology, methodology
Treatment of violent injuries
The “Individual First Aid Kit” or “IFAK”
Use of enhanced first aid equipment
Extensive individual drills
Live fire / active shooter courses vary by course, see additional information above.
Equipment Requirements

Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) highly recommended, NAR Intermediate Bleeder Control Kit
Live Fire / Active Shooter Courses

Primary pistol
300 rounds ammunition
Holster
Two spare magazines minimum
Body armor (available for rent)
Eye & ear protection
Notebook & pen
Rifle is optional – 100 rounds of ammunition & sling
For law enforcement – shields are optional
Register Now

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member