Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 86 8.47%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 680 67.00%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.36%
I paid too much for my Membership! 45 4.43%
They will go out of business this year! 25 2.46%
Don't want anything to do with them! 155 15.27%
Voters: 1015. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
it's funny it seems longer than it actually is. I did the hotel upgrade in June 2014 and the condo in March 2019 according to the credits in my account.
Nothing going on. No construction Nada! As of 2/17/2021
Old 02-24-2021, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
Resort development continues to progress.
How do you define "progress?" Serious question, not trying to be snarky. Do you mean behind the scenes progress like permitting/contracting/etc? I was on property last week and see no hotel... not to mention other "resort" developments such as RV spots, villas, water sports area, pavilion, etc.

The Phase 3 ranges are awesome however!
Old 02-24-2021, 2:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperjock22 View Post
How do you define "progress?" Serious question, not trying to be snarky. Do you mean behind the scenes progress like permitting/contracting/etc? I was on property last week and see no hotel... not to mention other "resort" developments such as RV spots, villas, water sports area, pavilion, etc.

The Phase 3 ranges are awesome however!
The Phase 3 ranges and all the grading done as part of that development is progress. They were still teaching classes in California when I joined so there has been quite a bit of progress since that time. Have I seen any progress since the Virus shutdown? No. Hope that helps.

When I see a waste processing plant in development, I will start looking for major development in housing.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Old 02-28-2021, 3:23 PM
Veteran Member

Well they had gotten in the wet utilities last I saw. They also to my knowledge had to do a second well. It all takes time and money. Personally I’m more interested In the lights staying on and classes being held by and range in improvements.
Does anyone even think they could get a room in the hotel if and when it gets built thing will be booked year around.
Old 02-28-2021, 5:09 PM

Off topic but, I wanna make this quick.
So, I'm going through all my insurance paperwork. I came across paperwork from my NRA life membership that showed I had nra provided, free firearms coverage of $2,500 and, $10,000 no cost accident coverage.

Can't find any mention of it on their site now and chat agent didn't know what I was talking about. Can someone here confirm those two bennes are long gone?

Old 02-28-2021, 11:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I remember those benefits too, thinking $2500 was only enough to cover one rifle and half an optic. Sorry, haven’t been an NRA member for 2 years.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 03-01-2021, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
Well they had gotten in the wet utilities last I saw. They also to my knowledge had to do a second well. It all takes time and money. Personally I’m more interested In the lights staying on and classes being held by and range in improvements.
Does anyone even think they could get a room in the hotel if and when it gets built thing will be booked year around.
Hotel/Condo/Timeshares. If any of them were built they would be sold out the whole time FS is open and running classes. If I remember correctly, during the final round of offers for the condo's the only thing available was summer. Winter, spring and fall for both 1br and 2br were sold out. Although nobody had to put up any "actual" money. It was all credits, memberships or certificates.
Old 03-01-2021, 1:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Does anyone have the actual size of those steel targets they use on man-on-man, THG or ATHG? Maybe where FS had sourced the targets?

The wife got really enthused shooting steel this past weekend and I want to "buy once and cry once" getting those same targets.

Old 03-01-2021, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
Rifle (Minimum caliber 5.56mm*)
2-Day Practical Rifle: 200 rounds
4-Day Practical Rifle: 500 rounds

https://www.frontsight.com/firearms-...o-required.asp

I would take that much ammunition with you but know that Front Sight is in the process of updating the curriculum due to the current ammo shortage to reduce the round count accordingly. (approx 30% reduction)
Thanks
Old 03-01-2021, 7:36 PM

Anybody got a copy of December 2020 American Rifleman in great condition? Mine's pretty tattered and I just bought a Mossy 940 JM Pro. I'd like to have the magazine with the article about the gun in with my paperwork. I'll pay shipping and then some.

Old 03-02-2021, 1:58 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Casting call for a new show being filmed out at Front Sight this April!

Don Mann, a Seal Team 6 Special Operations veteran, and Warrant Officer, hosts a totally unique type of “shoot house” challenge TV show called Surviving Mann.

Sixteen contestants from all walks of life fight it out in a 21st-century high-tech special ops training center to see who gets to challenge Don in the ultimate survival competition. Which contestant will win the season-long competition? Will the champion beat Don Mann?

If you think you have what it takes to compete, just complete the form on this page and we’ll reach out to you promptly with more info on how to participate.

https://www.americanstoriesentertain...m/castingmann/
Old 03-02-2021, 3:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
Casting call for a new show being filmed out at Front Sight this April!

Don Mann, a Seal Team 6 Special Operations veteran, and Warrant Officer, hosts a totally unique type of “shoot house” challenge TV show called Surviving Mann.

Sixteen contestants from all walks of life fight it out in a 21st-century high-tech special ops training center to see who gets to challenge Don in the ultimate survival competition. Which contestant will win the season-long competition? Will the champion beat Don Mann?

If you think you have what it takes to compete, just complete the form on this page and we’ll reach out to you promptly with more info on how to participate.

https://www.americanstoriesentertain...m/castingmann/
Wow. I won't survive the first encounter, so I'll just watch LOL

Are you central in the show's design? Will there be an after action analysis? What the guys did right and wrong, etc.? Make it educational please.

Will platform will this be available in? TV series, pay per view, etc.?

Old 03-02-2021, 4:33 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Wow. I won't survive the first encounter, so I'll just watch LOL

Are you central in the show's design? Will there be an after action analysis? What the guys did right and wrong, etc.? Make it educational please.

Will platform will this be available in? TV series, pay per view, etc.?
Not part of it in any way. I just happened to read one of the Dr's many emails and this one caught my eye.
Old 03-03-2021, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Does anyone have the actual size of those steel targets they use on man-on-man, THG or ATHG? Maybe where FS had sourced the targets?

The wife got really enthused shooting steel this past weekend and I want to "buy once and cry once" getting those same targets.

If I recall correctly, they are basically the same size as steel challenge targets. I think the best place to purchase is http://www.targetsusa.com/

Have fun