Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:06 AM

Default holsters: the good, the bad, and the flubby

Hi, I have a Shield 9mm in pre-jail. After using a crossbreed mini tuck for my LC380 and G19 I've ended up switching them from back to appendix carry, adjusting the cant of the kydex holster. The modular belly band doesn't work for me, even though I have it in two sizes, with various velcro attachments, lol. My flub (loose skin after losing a lot of weight) pushes it up or down, no matter where I place it. It needs a crotch strap like a child's life jacket. HA. Good holsters are spendy. Anyone similar have an appendix holster that works well? That isn't quite as bulky as a mini tuck?

Heather
Old 01-22-2020, 11:07 AM

FYI, I still prefer IWB in back, but am developing some degenerative disc issues that make it less comfortable.
Old 01-25-2020, 3:35 PM

I carry both my G42 and G19 IWB crossdraw position. I have an athletic, but curvy build. I don't wear belts and having a kydex holster IWB is not comfortable to me. I have a belly band, but it will not work for me around the midsection like they show the women in the ad doing. The gun still prints. The belly band will work for me if I push it down below my belly button and just below the top of my jeans. In other words, almost around my hips. However, what works best for me is a Sticky Holster. It's a neoprene type of material that sticks against the skin and stays pretty well in place. I now use the sticky holster as my main carry option.
Old 01-25-2020, 5:11 PM

Key Brand Gear Outrider Dual Carry (keybrandgear.com). You can use an Ulticlip (tuckable or not) or Pull-the-Dot loops set vertically, or pull off the Ulticlip and carry strongside. Add a wedge if you like. It comes as a kit.

Last edited by tomrkba; 01-25-2020 at 5:14 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 9:24 PM

I'm a guy, I got on the Ladies column to see what women CCW's are saying about current times.

Anyways I have 2 Shields one for carry and the other for practice. I use JM Kydex now and love them. I asked for it to be 4" to have a little longer holster to push the handle back into me some.

Obviously I can't tell you how it fits a woman but they are quality holsters, the best made ones I've owned.
Old 03-27-2020, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawadc95 View Post
I'm a guy, I got on the Ladies column to see what women CCW's are saying about current times.
You mean regarding COVID19? I go to the grocery store strapped.

Quote:
Anyways I have 2 Shields one for carry and the other for practice. I use JM Kydex now and love them. I asked for it to be 4" to have a little longer holster to push the handle back into me some.

Obviously I can't tell you how it fits a woman but they are quality holsters, the best made ones I've owned.
Thanks for the recommendation! These holsters look like they could work for some applications. I did note that, in some of the product photos, they have a female model, which I appreciate being included. Though, even in product photos, her IWB holster looks really bulky. Of course, she's wearing a flowy and loud-patterned blouse to hide the fact that her weapon is sticking out considerably. That said, I like how this company seems to offer a lot of customization options in addition to the one you mentioned.
Old 06-01-2020, 7:49 PM

What is your opinion for an athletic slim woman for concealment. I think I'm too small for out side the waist band carry. Definitely do not have the clevage for the bra thing. I might be able to do a tank carry....
Opinions, photos of how you carry yours and comfort levels all appreciated!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:17 PM

What is your opinion for an athletic slim woman for concealment. I think I'm too small for out side the waist band carry. Definitely do not have the clevage for the bra thing. I might be able to do a tank carry....
Old 06-02-2020, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns'n'heels View Post

I mentioned a few posts above that I carry inside waistband (IWB) in the crossdraw position. Since I am right-handed, crossdraw is to the left of my belly button, between my hip bone and my belly button. For comfort, I use a "sticky holster" which is like a soft, neoprene pocket/pouch. It lays flat and doesn't jam into my hip. I don't have the cleavage for the bra carry either and I would rather not have to dig in up my shirt for my weapon in an emergency life-threatening situation.

I prefer the IWB crossdraw because I feel I have better access and control over my weapon. Though, in some situations, I use the IWB 4 o' clock position. For example, if I'm walking around the house in yoga pants, the sticky holster doesn't always hold up in the crossdraw position - it wants to sag and droop down. But, my rear end can support the holster in the 4 o' clock position. (Note: don't forget that this post is in the Women's Forum!! LOL)

IWB crossdraw

4 o' clock position
Old 06-02-2020, 3:50 PM

I'm as round as I am tall and I comfortably carry my G19 in this:

https://comp-tac.com/ev2-max-aiwb-hybrid-holster/

LOL, I noticed after I posted this that it's the ladies forum. FWIW, it's still a good, comfortable holster.

Last edited by Someday; 06-02-2020 at 3:53 PM..
Old 07-28-2020, 6:21 PM

Default appendix

Sticky holster, appendix carry. Comfy unless I am driving or otherwise sitting too much. Only winter clothes allow the luxury of OWB holster, then I use leather in the style of Rafter L Leather products.
Old 07-28-2020, 6:28 PM

Default more thoughts

My skinny friend likes a corset carry in cool weather. There is also a magnetic flap IWB holster that works well on yoga pants, but realize that anything metal will be attracted to the magnet as well. She wears some unintended items occasionally, stuck to the magnet hidden beneath her top. She gets some odd looks, but nobody knows why that paper clip is stuck to her sweater.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:25 AM

Tactica is a brand for women you might look into. I got their belly band and like it a lot so far. The cant looked weird to me at first but actually makes for a really smooth draw, and it eliminates that problem the OP mentioned where your belt can pull up when you draw.

https://tacticafashion.com/product/belly-band-holster/
Old 12-09-2020, 5:06 PM

I haven't bought it yet since its currently sold out, but I really want to try Phlster's new Enigma system. I have bigger hips than waist, and since I've been wearing more stretch pants than jeans lately and belly bands just seem to slide up on me, I'm hoping the Enigma will solve my problem due to the additional retention strap that goes around your leg. It is a bit spendy though.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-for-her/
Old 01-20-2021, 7:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've gone through a lot of holsters. I keep meaning to put up a post about experiences. I wear at 1-2 o clock position. My go to holster is from Black Arch - Dual clip Protos M. I switched out the clips for Ulti-clips.
I wore Crossbreed Reckoning for a few months. Tried Alien, Clinger, T-Rex, Versa, Bellyband, Tenicor, Raven Vanguard... (thats just my carry holsters). To say the least, my holster drawer is quite full.
I'll try to get around to writing about my experiences with each soon.
Old 02-28-2021, 7:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly-jay View Post
Tactica is a brand for women you might look into. I got their belly band and like it a lot so far. The cant looked weird to me at first but actually makes for a really smooth draw, and it eliminates that problem the OP mentioned where your belt can pull up when you draw.

https://tacticafashion.com/product/belly-band-holster/
the cant looks great! I bought a Dene Adams Active Bra Holster, but the straps aren't ideal for me and it takes work to put on. I'm going to look into this Tactica. I'm scared I'll like it after I put in much money towards the Crossbreed Modular. I like it but it's not perfect...it's like trying to find the perfect purse.

One of the best gifts my husband (Cannon) gave me, was the appreciation of firearms. The other of course was himself. RIP my love. Always in my heart.
Old 03-04-2021, 8:02 AM

At 5'2" and barely 110 pounds I cannot find a proper holster for my stature that does not print. Even wearing XL shirts that look like Walmart jammies show an outline. The bra/corsets are too big and bulky. Any holster suggestions for shorties like me? Thank you!
Old 03-04-2021, 12:46 PM

Have you tried Smart carry?

https://www.smartcarry.com/