Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 08-01-2020, 9:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post
Membership Starts at 2 years starts at $60 n goes up from there. You only get the coupon with a 2 or more Membership.

Hereís the info for veterans n First responders - Itís easier to copy and paste then type it out

https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program
A one-year membership provides a single coupon after 12 months; a two-year membership provides a coupon immediately and another at 12 months.

Balls... last one I bought I got at the MX on a holiday sale for $400 plus DROS. No tax. Three magazines. Win some lose some I guess.

OP’s point regarding things getting worse come November seems apt.

Dealers on Gunbroker have a ton of great firearms available that will work just fine for self defense, including Glocks. Even with the transfer fee and shipping it is very possible to get something for less than $250 over retail. I just got a Winchester defensive shotgun for $380 and HK P2000 LEM for $730, both BNIB, shipping included.
Old 08-01-2020, 5:54 PM

If you stick with the lifestyle, you probably won't miss the additional funds spent now in the long run. You just don't want to make a habit of it. Good choice for your first.
Old 08-01-2020, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post
Paid $415 plus tax n dro for my new G19 n pick it up next week. Donít know why people donít just become a GSSF Member. Blue label dealers have glocks set side for members/first responders/veterans. So you donít have to deal with the BS over pricing.

OP both the FFL once you get your G19
Looked at their blue label dealer list for my area. Not a single dealer with any Glocks listed.

ďNever argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.Ē

― Mark Twain
Old 08-01-2020, 8:13 PM

Gun Economics 2020.

You did good man, don't listen to all the people teasing you about paying too much. The laws of supply and demand during a crisis are in play. People are panicking, hell even some of the the toilet paper hoarders moved on to guns.

$250 is reasonable for a gun that is otherwise not available. And look at all the dorks precovid who were marking up garbage Glocks with a hodge podge of parts swapped in...some of those guys were charging north of $1K for souped up rice rocket Glocks.

So, I think you did good to get a hold of glock during a time when all guns in general are scarce. Like BajaJames83 said, now try to find ammo.

I agree with the others who are saying either way the election goes, we are gonna be screwed.

I'm keeping all my guns for now...I ain't selling a thing.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:35 AM

I was extremely lucky, I walked into (OC INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE in Brea) for a PPT pick up and found 1 Glock 19 on the counter for a bit over $600 OTD. The wife was very happy.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

I was doing a pickup at Turners yesterday, and I guess they are starting to take Glock preorders again. A woman asked, and the sales clerk stated that for a Glock 19 there were a little over 1,450 people on the wait list. I assume this is for all the Turners in CA, not just that one store. But thatís a long list, considering thatís one retailer.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
I was doing a pickup at Turners yesterday, and I guess they are starting to take Glock preorders again. A woman asked, and the sales clerk stated that for a Glock 19 there were a little over 1,450 people on the wait list. I assume this is for all the Turners in CA, not just that one store. But thatís a long list, considering thatís one retailer.
Wow!

While at turners in Pasadena last month, there was a guy in the parking advertising his 3 glocks for sale $1500 each. 3 people in line took him on the deal. Itís worth what youíre willing to pay I guess.

I hope people will now learn and understand what we fight do hard for
Old 08-02-2020, 4:52 PM
Veteran Member

250 over is still a lot, but like others have said itís definitely better than the marketplace. If you need one you need one!

Law abiding firearm owners have no chance in this state.
Old 08-02-2020, 4:59 PM

If it's within budget and you need it then get it sooner rather than later. You made a sound decision.
Old 08-02-2020, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
A woman asked, and the sales clerk stated that for a Glock 19 there were a little over 1,450 people on the wait list.
Old 08-02-2020, 8:28 PM

Default Got Lucky and found a G19

I bought a 19 about a month ago I love it. Thatís what I was originally going to go with, but I went G17 first. Paid $499
Old 08-03-2020, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Congrats on your new gun. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. Is what it is. You got what you wanted and $250 is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Youíll shoot that much ammo in no time, at least I do.

If it makes you feel any better, even in the rest of america, there are premiums over msrp added to guns that are hard to get even though they are currently made. The current best examples are HK Sp5 and 5kís, Scar 16 and 17ís, and many offerings from B&T. Is what it is. You want it youíll pay for it.
Same thing happens with desirable cars and watches. Try and buy a Rolex Daytona at msrp from a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You couldn't get a Daytona even if you wanted to pay a premium at the AD.
Old 08-03-2020, 4:13 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats on the find OP it’s a great gun.

I just gave my daughter a Gen 4 19 with Trijicon HD sights and three 15 round mags. Also gave her a Ruger PCC with 2 17 round magpul mags and 1 33 round Glock mag along with a nice take down bag to carry it all in and 300 rounds of ammo.

Figured it is a nice starter kit for her rifle and handgun same mags and ammo.
She just graduated college and grew up shooting that 19, she always loved and called it her Glock, I just made it official.