Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Friends of the NRA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2019, 8:59 AM

Default Attendance Way Down!

The Compton Hunting and Fishing Club held its FNRA dinner on Saturday, and attendance was much lower than previous years. We are usually a High Caliber Club and often win Top Net accolades. Instead of 100-120 people, there were perhaps 70.

Regardless, the food was great - many appetizers including deep fried turkeys and the main meal of a heavy salad bar, slow smoked brisket, baked beans, au gratin potatoes and cheesecake was enjoyed by all.

From what I have heard, all the FNRA events have been down this year....
Old 06-05-2019, 4:27 PM
Veteran Member

This may be a rough time till something good breaks for the NRA.

The flack from the sleaze bag NYC lawyers and politicians is heavy.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 06-05-2019, 4:32 PM

The San Jose attendance was also down. Though our table of 8 went home with 6 or 7 firearms. About the same haul as last year.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 06-09-2019, 4:26 PM

Until they get their sh straight I'll save my money and time for other things. Funding WLP's suits and travel and all the internal squabbling and being more an industry lobby than citizens' action committee has turned me off.

Also, I spend a ton of $$ at dinners like this and never win anything good. I always see top prizes go to head tables and I know it's probably not rigged but I still feel like a mark at the end of the night.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:18 AM

The big spenders do win more prizes as they buy more tickets and thus increase their odds. At our dinner, we also have games to win specific guns (as I am sure most of dinners do, too.) Our dinner does have a couple smaller raffles where the odds at better - like a sponsor raffle for several guns where each sponsor gets only 1 ticket and an Early Bird raffle for a gun, where if you buy your ticket early, you get one ticket.

So are you going to contribute to CRPA, Gun Owners of America or some other pro-2A group rather than the NRA?