Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2018, 3:48 PM
Sousuke Sousuke is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,796
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Originally Posted by silversaver View Post
The FFL gave me a correction 958 form. After I did the research, the form can only correct one error. The original DROS has other error as Make was enter “US” not manufacture name. An unknown re-DROS screwed me big time.
I'm directing this to you but asking everyone in this thread this:

Is there a way to upload images while in pending status without a notice for correction?

If so, can a copy of the 958 form be uploaded?

I've seen in other threads that the CADOJ first contacts the FFL as they build their case to make a site visit. I'd call and email your FFL and go through all of this with them. If they tell the truth - that the gun was purchased and entered in to the system in 2016 not 2017, then in theory you may have no issue. (The FFL on the other hand may not be okay....)
WTB: Chronograph
WTB: T Series Hi Power
WTB: Bisley Revolver (Uberti type)
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:09 PM
silversaver silversaver is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%

Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
That is not legal. The FFL is required to give you a copy.

How can a FFL re-DROS without letting you know? They use the information that they have, enter it on a DROS and submit it, quite simple, but also not legal. No signature? Not legal. No thumbprint? Not legal.

You need to ensure that the firearm isn't consider a so-called a-salt weapon, which means taking off the upper. You don't need to strip it down. Look at the documents from the CA DOJ regarding that aspect. If you want to be paranoid, then strip everything off, in part because that specific firearm wasn't transferred to you.

You can bring the lower to a FFL and then have it transferred to you, which would look strange, but it also documents that you had the firearm (the lower is the firearm).

One issue is that you are limited in what you can do since you don't want to get your "friend" in trouble.

BTW, that FFL certainly ISN'T a friend. Based on what you have said, if they want to stay out of jail, they should turn in their FFL.
Thank you.

I submit an error report to CFARS. They ask for the original DROS paperwork to be email to I email in both original DROS and 958 form signed by FFL for serial number correction.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved. and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to