Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2018, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversaver View Post
The FFL gave me a correction 958 form. After I did the research, the form can only correct one error. The original DROS has other error as Make was enter “US” not manufacture name. An unknown re-DROS screwed me big time.
I'm directing this to you but asking everyone in this thread this:

Is there a way to upload images while in pending status without a notice for correction?

If so, can a copy of the 958 form be uploaded?

I've seen in other threads that the CADOJ first contacts the FFL as they build their case to make a site visit. I'd call and email your FFL and go through all of this with them. If they tell the truth - that the gun was purchased and entered in to the system in 2016 not 2017, then in theory you may have no issue. (The FFL on the other hand may not be okay....)
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Old 07-17-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
That is not legal. The FFL is required to give you a copy.

How can a FFL re-DROS without letting you know? They use the information that they have, enter it on a DROS and submit it, quite simple, but also not legal. No signature? Not legal. No thumbprint? Not legal.

You need to ensure that the firearm isn't consider a so-called a-salt weapon, which means taking off the upper. You don't need to strip it down. Look at the documents from the CA DOJ regarding that aspect. If you want to be paranoid, then strip everything off, in part because that specific firearm wasn't transferred to you.

You can bring the lower to a FFL and then have it transferred to you, which would look strange, but it also documents that you had the firearm (the lower is the firearm).

One issue is that you are limited in what you can do since you don't want to get your "friend" in trouble.

BTW, that FFL certainly ISN'T a friend. Based on what you have said, if they want to stay out of jail, they should turn in their FFL.
Thank you.

I submit an error report to CFARS. They ask for the original DROS paperwork to be email to AWS@doj.ca.gov I email in both original DROS and 958 form signed by FFL for serial number correction.