Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated > Manual Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2019, 1:31 PM

Default Seeking feedback on Oryx chassis for bolt action rifles

I recently watched a video about the Oryx chassis for bolt-action rifles. It looks pretty promising and sells for around $400, which is nice on your wallet (not too expensive). I am hoping to hear from some of you out there to see what were your experiences with it out at the range. I am thinking about getting a rifle stock, and found this to be an interesting option, so I am hoping to learn from someone who has one or maybe a friend or relative does. I believe that MDT is the parent company who makes these (under a different name).
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2019, 4:57 PM

Found an interesting article about it:

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/mdt-oryx-review/
Old 09-19-2019, 5:34 PM
Veteran Member

I have one for howa mini action and have met 2 other with using rem 700 ( 308 ) , howa mini ( 22ppc ) . they really didn't have any huge dislike . I build mine for bench/prone only so I really didn't care for weight . Im 5'9" n I find stock length of pull to he very short . They do have spaces option tho . I really wanted krg bravo stock , but they just don't make for howa mini action . I had no choice to settle for Oryx . If you don't want to deal with bedding and all that , I think this chassis can serve you well .

Since this gallery thread . I'll leave one here

Last edited by G38xOC; 09-19-2019 at 5:37 PM..