Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 8:28 PM

Default So this happened at my former home church

Brothers and Sisters be aware of this. Talk to your leadership to be proactive in "Christ's LOVE" than reactive.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...215-story.html

Zhoie Perez, came to my former home church and one of our church plants.

This is from a member from my church whom I known for 40 years so I know-it's not made up stuff.

"For those of you who could not join us in class today, here is a brief back story to the article. Zhoie came to our church last Sunday and starting filming our church from the sidewalk. She was filming parents, children and others going through the moon gate into the nursery and the Life Center. She was legally within her limits in filming from the sidewalk. But when asked her name and why she was filming, she was silent. Our security guard and members of the BID asked her to leave, but she refused. She taunted the security guard with some derogatory remarks, hoping to get a reaction from him. Karen did try to speak to Zhoie, but without success. Zhoie eventually left when the police arrived. It is interesting to note that she also went to FCBC SGV to do same thing.

Our class was asked what they would have done in that situation. What would a healthy church member do?

Blessings,
T."
Old 08-12-2019, 9:50 PM

Mentally ill transgender, seeking confrontation and attention. Gets shot for his trouble.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Default So this happened at my former home church

Do you have an idea why she picked that church?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Yodaman; 08-13-2019 at 9:19 AM..
Old 08-13-2019, 4:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlond View Post
Mentally ill transgender, seeking confrontation and attention. Gets shot for his trouble.

^^^THIS.

Quote:
She is a self-proclaimed “1st Amendment auditor”...

And what the &*^*(%^^$%#^@$!#^#$&#*$@^!^$& kinda made-up libtard BULLSHIITE is this numbnuttery, anyways?!?!?

Another way for libtards to AVOID growing up and getting a PAYING job?
Old 08-13-2019, 4:37 AM
Veteran Member

She did nothing wrong and gets shot by someone who clearly should not be armed in public.
Old 08-13-2019, 7:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post

And what the &*^*(%^^$%#^@$!#^#$&#*$@^!^$& kinda made-up libtard BULLSHIITE is this numbnuttery, anyways?!?!?

Another way for libtards to AVOID growing up and getting a PAYING job?
its the same thing as the people who film themselves walking around with AR's and other rifles in public.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 08-13-2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
She did nothing wrong and gets shot by someone who clearly should not be armed in public.
Exactly. I don't agree with how he acts. I don't like that he tries to bait people into confrontation. But what he is doing is completely legal.
Old 08-14-2019, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
The DA's office declined to press charges against the guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Dog Trainer
Before the shooting, Zelayagrunfeld had asked school staff to move students to a safe location, triggering a lockdown, according to the memo filed by the district attorney’s office. Taken together with recent surges in anti-Semitic hate crimes and the mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh roughly four months earlier, prosecutors believed the guard’s “perception of Perez’s behavior as dangerous was reasonable.”

“Perez went to a Jewish school, and place of worship, dressed in all black and with a backpack secured to her body by a harness,” the document read. “As Zelaya told detectives, Perez’s backpack could have contained a bomb, and her attire could have concealed a firearm or other deadly weapon.”

[...]

Late last year, Perez posted a video from outside the Islamic Center of Southern California in Koreatown. She was pepper-sprayed by a security guard. The LAPD also responded to that scene, and Perez said she was on a public sidewalk when the guard sprayed her.
When this story was reported, I didn't follow it, so I missed it if the pattern of his (Mr. Perez) behavior was reported on.

I've heard that security at synagogues tends to be at a higher, tighter level than what you find at many Christian churches, especially at big, well-attended synagogues. I have no idea where this synagogue falls on that spectrum.

Regardless, if Mr. Perez showed up at a church, I would hope he would get treated with politeness, respect, and civility, the same as anyone else.

In the situation described by the OP, it seems that people acted appropriately. How could they have done better?
Old 08-14-2019, 1:22 PM

Best way to handle a known problem like that is to go out and preach Christ crucified to them - nicely. Keep preaching the gospel as long as they are willing to stay!

Don't forget to include:

1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 08-15-2019, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

Ditto Bill.

Psalm 1
Old 08-16-2019, 8:13 PM
Veteran Member

No, best idea is to ignore them all together. They seek attention.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><