Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 88 8.33%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 696 65.85%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.27%
I paid too much for my Membership! 47 4.45%
They will go out of business this year! 31 2.93%
Don't want anything to do with them! 171 16.18%
Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 1:33 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

*ugh* Not wanting to partake any further with this façade was considering of canceling my 3D private class... Yeah, not wanting to spend $1K of ammo.

However, I was PMed that there are cancelation charges amounting to $300/day. This is NEW to me...

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

_
Old 01-23-2022, 1:45 PM
Veteran Member

https://benchlaws.com/a-scientology-...ht-management/

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member
Old 01-23-2022, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
Yea he did. I’m glad that I didn’t listen to your continual advise about it being so great. Or anyone else’s mumbo-jumbo.
Not to worry though; in time many will forget.
OK, good for you, You resisted,,, but the problem is,,, it was so great ! The instructors the training, and the facility, were great! Piazza was/is the problem and you can't seem to separate them from him.

The fact that you didn't go only means you missed out. You could have bought a Diamond membership for $75 on this site or on Ebay and gotten everything I got for $5K, and if you went more than once you'd be a better shooter for less $ than anywhere else that teaches Shooting!

Gunsite charges $1820 for a Beginning Pistol Class and they have maybe one a month. You could have gotten a 2 day or 4 day pistol class for $75 and they have two a week, every week, so you can fit them in on your schedule and all of them would have been free after that.

Obviously this has all changed. But my point is,,, "YOU" missed out !

Just because something sucks now doesn't mean it always sucked. I went to a Pistol and a Rifle class last May. Neither one sucked.

I guess "Lastinline" really means you are "last in line" for everything? Think about that for a minute. You might want to change that moniker?

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-23-2022 at 1:53 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 3:00 PM

So it sounds like it's not running like a "well oiled machine"??

Well lastinline can look at himself in the mirror and know that he didn't willingly support a known, lying con artist and enable him to continue to con more people. There's that.

Well lastinline can look at himself in the mirror and know that he didn't willingly support a known, lying con artist and enable him to continue to con more people. There's that.
Old 01-23-2022, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post

*ugh* Not wanting to partake any further with this façade was considering of canceling my 3D private class... Yeah, not wanting to spend $1K of ammo.

However, I was PMed that there are cancelation charges amounting to $300/day. This is NEW to me...

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

_
Haven’t heard that one. How would they get that from you? And why not cancel it and just not show up? Or better yet, tell them if you can pay the cancellation in Front Sight Bucks!
Old 01-23-2022, 3:28 PM

Quote:

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

_
Please provide more details on this alleged $300.00 cancelation fee.
I have looked all over the Front Sight website and see nothing about any cancelation fees.

Also note: The Front Sight website has not been updated to reflect the new unilateral changes.

Y'all should make copies of everything you can. Just saying................
Old 01-23-2022, 3:29 PM

Schadenfreude thread
Old 01-23-2022, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKAllTheThings View Post
Schadenfreude thread
Please note I am not taking ANY pleasure in any of this!!
Old 01-23-2022, 3:41 PM

So he just did the let me answer some of your questions email. Besides all the normal BS he says he knew that front sight credits, then patriot points or whatever were always going to be useless. That is why he wiped them from the books. All the double your points BS and he knew they were never ever going to be used. He created the bubble and then popped it. Now he is going to create another bubble with the coins and the FS$.

Here is the snip from the email for those who still have him on SPAM.

1. Credits/Patronage Points converting into the new FS Bucks and FS Coin. This change created the most confusion and angst of all the changes. Let me explain: Through their purchases, Front Sight members had received matching credits to use to pay their background checks, membership transfer fees, use toward purchases in the pro shop, and special offers I planned on creating in the future, most significantly when Front Sight Resort was completed and running like a well-oiled machine. When I began offering members the opportunity to purchase credit multiplier offers, the credits began doubling, tripling, quadrupling, 10Xing, 100Xing etc. This created a MASSIVE number of credits that quite frankly members would never be able to use in a hundred years, other than a special offer I contemplated when the resort was completed that would allow them to trade all their credits back in and receive benefits relative to the other members who did the same thing. This was something the members, especially the top purchasing members, had a great time with and competed with each other to see who could amass the most credits. The credits became more of a unit or measure rather than a credit because there was no way these credits could ever be used in a thousand years. When I made the tough decision to restructure Front Sight, I wanted to fix this by making it more manageable and real for members, while also providing an Exchange in Abundance to THANK members for their past support and their support of the restructure
Old 01-23-2022, 3:41 PM

So he just did the let me answer some of your questions email. Besides all the normal BS he says he knew that front sight credits, then patriot points or whatever were always going to be useless. That is why he wiped them from the books. All the double your points BS and he knew they were never ever going to be used. He created the bubble and then popped it. Now he is going to create another bubble with the coins and the FS$.

Here is the snip from the email for those who still have him on SPAM.

1. Credits/Patronage Points converting into the new FS Bucks and FS Coin. This change created the most confusion and angst of all the changes. Let me explain: Through their purchases, Front Sight members had received matching credits to use to pay their background checks, membership transfer fees, use toward purchases in the pro shop, and special offers I planned on creating in the future, most significantly when Front Sight Resort was completed and running like a well-oiled machine. When I began offering members the opportunity to purchase credit multiplier offers, the credits began doubling, tripling, quadrupling, 10Xing, 100Xing etc. This created a MASSIVE number of credits that quite frankly members would never be able to use in a hundred years, other than a special offer I contemplated when the resort was completed that would allow them to trade all their credits back in and receive benefits relative to the other members who did the same thing. This was something the members, especially the top purchasing members, had a great time with and competed with each other to see who could amass the most credits. The credits became more of a unit or measure rather than a credit because there was no way these credits could ever be used in a thousand years. When I made the tough decision to restructure Front Sight, I wanted to fix this by making it more manageable and real for members, while also providing an Exchange in Abundance to THANK members for their past support and their support of the restructure
Old 01-23-2022, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Sad I didn't take more coursework under the old business model; I've only done carbine and up to ATHG. I missed out on all the shotgun stuff, multi-gun, and HCMP.

Has anyone curated the topics covered in all these different courses? Like in the entry level hand gun courses, what do they cover? Answer: the "three secrets" of marksmanship, controlled pair, ragged hole drill, 5 point draw, modified weaver, malfunction clearances. There are only so many ways to skin the cat of being a solid shooter in various platforms, but having the list of things to know would be helpful.

That might actually be something we could start. I went six times and remember pretty much everything from the beginner and a good portion of the Intermediate course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 01-23-2022, 4:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but it's THE email that was sent to everyone posted on the website- https://www.frontsight.com/restructure/
Old 01-23-2022, 4:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paseclipse View Post

Beanz.... You and I partnered up in a Gabe Surez AK course one time a few years ago.
I remember . Those cops knew how to barbecue!

You going to be at Thunder Ranch’s AK class in February?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-23-2022, 4:27 PM
Veteran Member

Am I seeing things or did the transfer cost of a membership of up to $1000.00? I think the last time I transferred one it was $100.00

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 01-23-2022, 4:33 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
Haven’t heard that one. How would they get that from you? And why not cancel it and just not show up? Or better yet, tell them if you can pay the cancellation in Front Sight Bucks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post
Please provide more details on this alleged $300.00 cancelation fee.
I have looked all over the Front Sight website and see nothing about any cancelation fees.

Also note: The Front Sight website has not been updated to reflect the new unilateral changes.

Y'all should make copies of everything you can. Just saying................
This was PMed to me in the FB groups. I asked for a link but they responded that I should reach out to Dani for them to send me the policy (Dani is out today).

Apparently this was from 2-years back. But am not aware of it since I got my private training supplement in 2019, and I have a copy of that "welcome to private training" sort of email (no cancelation charges mentioned).

That said - Iggy said that, as per point #8 of his latest email - he should have refunded the private training membership/supplement in FS Bucks. I still have to receive mine - I sent him an email asking about it as CYA because I don't want to spend extra on ammo when I already have prepared what I need.

_
Old 01-23-2022, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Well, I guess Frontsight is finally finished. It was good while it lasted, and I enjoyed many courses. It is too bad, but to be honest, I thought this would happen years ago.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 01-23-2022, 4:43 PM

Personally, I think we all sort of knew this was coming. He created a thing that he had no choice but to keep upping to astronomical levels. The amounts of Patronage Points and membership upgrades was unsustainable. The way it was going, every member of Frontsight would have been staying for free year 'round and the place would never have been able to turn a profit to become self sustaining if he ever got it up and running.

A friend of mine has had a membership for a long time, back when the accounts had “Iggy Bucks” which were 1 IB = $1 and you could use it on everything in the store. My buddy bought 511 Tactical pants, holsters, etc…it had to cost Iggy a fortune. This was some years ago. Then it was no more. Then you had Credits that you could use for a lot of things…then no more. Then the “company store” didn’t have anything you could use the Credits for…perhaps targets and you could still use it for the background check (did he ever do them? I don’t think he has any access to NICS or the other systems, did he?).

I've always wanted to know how he is able to pay instructors and staff when probably 90% of all the new memberships were acquired outside of his price tiering...ie from friends and family, as it were. The people who paid for the upgrade, were getting some very nice things back, so the money he was getting was not actually all going to the coffers. I suspected the answer lied in a version of a Ponzi scheme, with only two separate differences: first, I don’t think he meant to defraud us for his own gain (although he probably made a very comfortable living off it) and there was no mandatory participation. Couple that with the fact that he got swindled and his resort idea hit snags…ones I think should have meant calling such an ambition without funding quits while he could.

I'm just sad that it all came to this, but I know that perfection is not sustainable...only consistency. I wish he had not tried for this "flawless victory" with the thug; but rather taken the wins that the court gave him. I suspect that this would have been over at significantly less expense.

I'm a substitute teacher. I was able to afford this before, but not now…I can’t afford to buy ammo at their prices, $100 for the training, the $1000 transfer fees (which cost him nothing), etc. It’s just too much.

I’ve heard of boards of directors actually firing/removing company founders for misdeeds to save a company and the jobs it created…can this board remove Iggy from power and stabilize the situation? Dr. Piazza pulled the pendulum artificially all the way to the stop and it gave out. Now he’s swinging it all the way to the other side to recover every dime he can and it’s going to cost a lot of people their jobs and the community will suffer horribly, as others have mentioned. Once this is done, have the Board of directors (FrontSight Knights and Founders) develop 3 or 4 distinct and separate courses of action. Then open up a forum for all members of FrontSight to voice an opinion and thoughts on refining them. Finally, calling a vote of each member on which course of action should be pursued.

That would give everyone buy in, a voice, and lastly a way to proceed. I would gladly kick in $50-$100 per year as a member. If there are 250,000 members, that would be $12,500,000 to $25,000,000 per year. Start a Foundation with some of that money and hire proper, licensed, long standing firms to manage and grow that money. That should go some distance toward an end to the problem. They might even be able to get some sort of sponsoring from companies into shooting sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 01-23-2022, 4:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

_
That was discussed at FB FS First Family group. Better call on Monday.

That ammo from the Bunker and Bunker only requirement is BS. There’s no rhyme or reason for that requirement. A box of Federal they sell is the same as the box of Federal from SGAmmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
OK, good for you, You resisted,,, but the problem is,,, it was so great ! The instructors the training, and the facility, were great! Piazza was/is the problem and you can't seem to separate them from him.

The fact that you didn't go only means you missed out. You could have bought a Diamond membership for $75 on this site or on Ebay and gotten everything I got for $5K, and if you went more than once you'd be a better shooter for less $ than anywhere else that teaches Shooting!

Gunsite charges $1820 for a Beginning Pistol Class and they have maybe one a month. You could have gotten a 2 day or 4 day pistol class for $75 and they have two a week, every week, so you can fit them in on your schedule and all of them would have been free after that.

Obviously this has all changed. But my point is,,, "YOU" missed out !

Just because something sucks now doesn't mean it always sucked. I went to a Pistol and a Rifle class last May. Neither one sucked.

I guess "Lastinline" really means you are "last in line" for everything? Think about that for a minute. You might want to change that moniker?

Randy
LOL

I’ve been to a few other schools and I never felt inferior to the other students. Yea, they teach the modified Weaver for handguns but that’s why you go other schools too.

The marketing is over the top, and now the financial structure is messed up but the training is solid. If lastinline missed out on classes, that’s on him.

This Scientology stuff has never come up in my 12 years being a member. If it did, I’d be the first one to walk away.

Old 01-23-2022, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofmayhem View Post
I'm in for a lawsuit. My wife and I were just talking about Frontsight. I have 5 or so memberships I need to offload and now that's going to be a challenge!
I sincerely hope you don't try and off load any useless memberships to some unsuspecting soul.
Old 01-23-2022, 6:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post

That ammo from the Bunker and Bunker only requirement is BS. There’s no rhyme or reason for that requirement. A box of Federal they sell is the same as the box of Federal from SGAmmo.
No rhyme nor reason?!

The reason is that FS can't operate without income. Requiring that the ammo used at their classes is purchased from them is one way to secure that funding.

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 01-23-2022, 6:10 PM

My total investment was $550.00 for three Diamond memberships. My wife and I got our $s back in training. Our daughter was never able to attend. No doubt we received well over $550.00 in training value. Our "investment' more than paid for itself, many times over IMHO.

My only question to myself is, is it worth the risk of $1500 to keep the memberships active for one year to see what happens? I don't care about the great doctor or his bank account, I look only at if I/the family will benefit. $1500 will cover about 5 +/- one day classes at other facilities in SoCal, from some quick web browsing late last night. If it wasn't for the requirement to buy FS ammo, I would have probably paid by now.

I will spend the next few evenings reviewing other training options before making a final decision.

(PS: FS was also an escape from the office, provided a mental break from work stress, and was a break from the family (wife mainly lol). I'll need to find an equivalent or better outlet LOL.)
Old 01-23-2022, 6:31 PM
Veteran Member

So where’s the pool on how much longer the doors stay open?
Old 01-23-2022, 6:41 PM

@Sam1234, I would never take advantage of someone like that. I'll keep the memberships. Maybe I can get a settlement, or sell them for 2k to cover the tramsfer fee; that will likely never happen.
Old 01-23-2022, 6:44 PM

@Sam1234, I would never take advantage of someone like that. I'll keep the memberships. Maybe I can get a settlement, or sell them for 1500 to cover the transfer fee and get some money back; that will likely never happen. I have 7 founder and 1 patriot. I feel so betrayed.
Old 01-23-2022, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMeyer View Post
So where’s the pool on how much longer the doors stay open?
I think at this point he is fighting with the church mouse for the coins that slipped off the collection plate.

So the answer is very soon. I read elsewhere they are also $7000.00 behind on property tax. If he can't pay this how is he going to pay the employee's? At this point I can't see how the employees would buy in to getting paid down the road sometime.
Old 01-23-2022, 6:59 PM

Quote:
@AFTII has been to Gunsite many times... I believe @OCEquestrian, too...

Based on the information I received when I inquired - Pistol 250, which is the 4DDHG equivalent - is 5-days for $1820. They don't require buying their ammo; but for those not having any, they offer a class pack for $330 (1K 9s and 50s frang).

As I was planning my Gunsite trip - my only concern are lodging and food places. Doesn't seem to be many around... And pricey... Then an alumni told me over FB that Gunsite have smaller classes (lesser students).

_

Thanks for answering this and D.H., I was telling my wife last night that I'm gonna be going up to Richmond a lot more often.

Old 01-23-2022, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofmayhem View Post
@Sam1234, I would never take advantage of someone like that. I'll keep the memberships. Maybe I can get a settlement, or sell them for 2k to cover the tramsfer fee; that will likely never happen.
Thanks for clarifying that, but understand there are people, (I use the term people loosely here) would have no problem doing just that.

IE: the good DR.......................

But wait, don't panic yet I expect several more back peddling emails with better and better terms.

I think the first email was deliberately designed to be a total shock. It was intended to be totally unworkable with everyone coming to grips that they have lost everything.

Later after this has sunk in he will bring out the real plan. No mater how bad it will seem much better in comparison to loosing everything. Here is where he expects to get what ever target number and $$ he needs. Then the process will start all over again. I don't think the second time around will last very long.
Old 01-23-2022, 7:04 PM

That's a good observation and in line with his email tactics. I hope you're right!
Old 01-23-2022, 7:07 PM

After reading today's new email, it sure seems like he is reading this thread and the FB threads.

Old 01-23-2022, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

I paid $250 for a membership and was gifted 5 memberships at some point. For the $250, I have gone 9 times and the 3 people I gifted memberships to have gone once each. That is 48 days of training for $250.

This kind of business model is doomed to fail, and I consider myself lucky to have been able to enjoy the membership for 10 years.

Old 01-23-2022, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

I paid $250 for a membership and was gifted 5 memberships at some point. For the $250, I have gone 9 times and the 3 people I gifted memberships to have gone once each. That is 48 days of training for $250.

This kind of business model is doomed to fail, and I consider myself lucky to have been able to enjoy the membership for 10 years.

Old 01-23-2022, 7:29 PM

I paid $200 for my first membership in 2008-ish. It was a Diamond level and it gave me every class for free. I went to 18 classes over the last 5 years and loved every one of them. I got 3 more of the same memberships for my family for a whopping total of $250 (hell, maybe less). My 6-yo daughter got to go there while I took a class and shoot guns, go on hikes and learn about real threats in the world in a very appropriate manner. She went with her friends and wanted to bring more of her friends up there because it was fun. That was a really fun way to spend some father-daughter time for 5 days.

During my last trip, I was talking to one of the instructors who lived there locally and just loved being an instructor (as most did). His kids had recently grown up and moved out of the house and he felt compelled to do something good for the world by adopting kids at an age they NEVER get adopted (16-18). With only a limited amount of time before they can leave and do whatever they want, he thought maybe, just maybe, he could give them a chance in life before they end up on the streets, as many do. I was blown away. Something like that would have never even crossed my mind.

On another trip, I met a disabled vet in the campground who was staying in Pahrump for 4 months at a time going to classes (that's a lot of shooting...and te guy did it every year!!). He would travel back and forth to Ventura bringing guests up to shoot for a few classes at a time. Sometimes they were friends, sometimes they were people going thru a hard time and he was able to distract them for a few days while he prayed with them and did something fun. Every time he went back home, he would go check in on all the systems he had in place to take care of the homeless people in his area. He even got the local gangsters to do their part too.

It was common to see 3 and 4 generations of a family in a class working with each other to shoot better. It was usually something they would all come together and do once a year...every year.

A lot of families who lived far apart, would meet at Front Sight to train once or more a year.

There were a lot of pilots who after 9/11 started carrying guns, went once a year or more to stay current.

It's always upsetting to see people talking crap on Front Sight and it's always by people who never went, hoping for the day they could say - "see, I told you it was a scam". Well, if you want to call it that, it lasted 25 years and it collected a humongous group of great people...and a whole lot of them can shoot!

The memberships were lifetime deals for the members. With any luck, the legal system will sort it all out. We'll see.

If anyone has another place that even remotely compares to Front Sight, shoot me a DM and let me know where.
Old 01-23-2022, 7:53 PM

I've never been charged those fees but i can confirm they told me I'd pay 1k for canceling a private class.

The good news (i guess?) is all they could threaten is pay or cancel your membership which appears to be happening to us all in February anyway.

Quote:

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

_
Old 01-23-2022, 8:15 PM
- DVC - Mojave Lever Crew
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm missing most of the details, obviously, and I'm playing the devil's advocate, here, but, if one cancels their class how is Front Sight gonna collect these outrageous cancellation fees? Did anyone sign any contract?

Dispute any charges w/ your card company. Tell FS to pound sand.

I'm only an observer and I'm pretty pissed about this.

NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy WingDings
Old 01-23-2022, 8:22 PM
- DVC - Mojave Lever Crew
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by picone View Post
I paid $200 for my first membership in 2008-ish. It was a Diamond level and it gave me every class for free. I went to 18 classes over the last 5 years and loved every one of them. I got 3 more of the same memberships for my family for a whopping total of $250 (hell, maybe less). My 6-yo daughter got to go there while I took a class and shoot guns, go on hikes and learn about real threats in the world in a very appropriate manner. She went with her friends and wanted to bring more of her friends up there because it was fun. That was a really fun way to spend some father-daughter time for 5 days.

During my last trip, I was talking to one of the instructors who lived there locally and just loved being an instructor (as most did). His kids had recently grown up and moved out of the house and he felt compelled to do something good for the world by adopting kids at an age they NEVER get adopted (16-18). With only a limited amount of time before they can leave and do whatever they want, he thought maybe, just maybe, he could give them a chance in life before they end up on the streets, as many do. I was blown away. Something like that would have never even crossed my mind.

On another trip, I met a disabled vet in the campground who was staying in Pahrump for 4 months at a time going to classes (that's a lot of shooting...and te guy did it every year!!). He would travel back and forth to Ventura bringing guests up to shoot for a few classes at a time. Sometimes they were friends, sometimes they were people going thru a hard time and he was able to distract them for a few days while he prayed with them and did something fun. Every time he went back home, he would go check in on all the systems he had in place to take care of the homeless people in his area. He even got the local gangsters to do their part too.

It was common to see 3 and 4 generations of a family in a class working with each other to shoot better. It was usually something they would all come together and do once a year...every year.

A lot of families who lived far apart, would meet at Front Sight to train once or more a year.

There were a lot of pilots who after 9/11 started carrying guns, went once a year or more to stay current.

It's always upsetting to see people talking crap on Front Sight and it's always by people who never went, hoping for the day they could say - "see, I told you it was a scam". Well, if you want to call it that, it lasted 25 years and it collected a humongous group of great people...and a whole lot of them can shoot!

The memberships were lifetime deals for the members. With any luck, the legal system will sort it all out. We'll see.

If anyone has another place that even remotely compares to Front Sight, shoot me a DM and let me know where.

Your heartwarming post may be a reflection of the folks themselves; the participants, the shooting enthusiasts...

Good training and it's environment engenders camaraderie.

NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy WingDings
Old 01-23-2022, 8:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I've never been charged those fees but i can confirm they told me I'd pay 1k for canceling a private class.

The good news (i guess?) is all they could threaten is pay or cancel your membership which appears to be happening to us all in February anyway.
I think Piazza is so full of himself that he thinks Knights with private training option will surely cough up the $500 yearly membership fee and suck up his way inflated ammo costs just because they have so much invested.

These are the guys he wants to keep at FS, where as us bottom suckers with lowly Diamonds and Ambassadors can go suck sand. That is why he changed the membership levels to only two: Knights and Flounders. I think he forgot to write the “L” in Flounders.

Old 01-23-2022, 8:57 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

It looks like they merged several of the new Front Sight threads into this one.
Old 01-23-2022, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Rod, I had a private training scheduled for two days with me and another buddy back in 2018. I cancelled 32 days prior with Dani with no issue. Not sure that policy came into effect.
Closed Thread